Last thread: >> 153927058

Kill Helman Thread Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI (ENG) - Winter, possibly 2016. High resolution, decensored $35 bundle from Mangagamer

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11202283
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread:

Red > Yellow > Purple

This

Purple would be fine if she were at a better angle wearing better clothes. Oh well.

Sapphire > Topaz >Garnet

100% agree.

I like Yellow > Purple > Red

Green > Blue > Yellow > Red

Why would you pick Garnet as #1 exactly? She arguably doesn't even have a complete personality

Same.

Did we make a poll about this like we did with the Alices?

Blue > Yellow > Red
Does Garnet do anything other than get raped and say she loves Ithere?

Page 10ing too fast

>Kanami Best
>Bad Draw
All me

>twintails helman
>nameshit translated
>sengoku shizuka
>best kanami

>Kentarou strong
Miki please go

>helman always

>Rance bad
>Minerva mean
>Medusa important
>Hornet sex
>Maris Kill
>Rizna TADA
>Kamilla game
>Magic least great

>Quest release
>Aru stop archfiend

>Aru stop archfiend
This. Somebody stop him please.

And what do you want instead? Demon King? Even though they're mostly not males and demons makes them sound like Feliss?

Devil champion

>Number of Male Demon Kings: 4
>Number of Female Demon Kings: 3
>Mostly not males
Now, that aside, hadn't we already established that archfiend is a shitty translation? Demon King might not be the most accurate thing, but it's far better.

>kanami best
Of course

Demon King Little Princess is hilarious and it should never be changed.

It stops sounding dumb when you learn to naturally read Little Princess as if it was an actual name.

I don't have any problems with Archfiend, although I can see where the naysayers are coming from. "Demon" is an orthodox translation for Majin that has a lot of precedence, and, likewise, "Demon King" is the way that Maou is most commonly translated.

On the other hand, translating Majin as "fiend" isn't that strange when you consider that Dragon Quest has used Archfiend on numerous occasions, that Final Fantasy has translated Majin as "fiend" as well (see: IV), and that the Megami Tensei series has also translated Majin as "fiend" in every entry that's available in English without it coming off as unnatural or stilted.

>and demons makes them sound like Feliss?

This reminds me of something from Sengoku. Consider the following exchange:

Rance: 信長が、天志教は悪魔崇拝の
トンデモ教だから、弾圧OKと言っていたぞ。

Genri: それは根も葉もない。
拙僧どもの主な仕事は魔人封印でござる。過去にJAPANを席巻した魔人を
封じた時から、未来にまでその技術を
伝えていく組織でござるよ。

It's yet another example of some of the egregious errors in the fan translation of VII. Rance accuses the Tenshi sect of being a religion of Akuma worshippers, to which Genri replies that Rance's statement is untrue and that sealing Majin is their main duty.

Takajun decided to translate both Akuma and Majin as "demon" in this exchange, which, technically, is not incorrect but completely misses the important distinction that two different words are being used.

While we're on the topic how was the samurai talk でござる etc translated?

Im confused, so Archfiend is demonking and fiends are just normal demons. Are devils still devils?

As far as we know, Yes. Still a rather pointless change

Nevermind this mostly answers my questions

Probably. We don't know if Aru will keep that name for them in the new translation.

Devils for the moment is still Devils. I assume we'll find out in press releases of gameplay featuring feliss or when it finally drops

Demon/Archdemon

From what I remember, the way the characters who used samurai talk was rendered into English was that they just tended to speak with fewer contractions/more formally. It wasn't really that noticeable unless you looked for it, compared to, say, the way Cyan Garamonde was translated in Final Fantasy VI.

Wow. And people think they're getting something close to the original game when they read fantranslations.

I wonder what the Kansai-ben will look like in 5D/VI

It's usually translated as a southern drawl or something similar. Aru might handle it differently but I would still probably expect it somewhere within that.

I could see Arunaru calling them demons, I guess.

It's not incorrect in the colloquial use in the term as they serve the devil of the Ranceverse, but it makes things a shit ton more confusing for people who started with the fan translations.

Or, he could go hyper pretentious and call them the damned ones, but that's just silly.

They should use a scottish accent. Aten making Copa speak in scottish was pretty good.
Now I'm almost sure Aru totally used The Damned Ones

When you say devil of the ranceverse do you mean devil as in the same type feliss is or something else.

Sapphire a best

He probably means Devil King Rathowm.

Oh, I thought the demon king and devils were completely seperate. I didnt know the demons served the devils.

They don't.

What?

Oh he meant that devils might now be called demons which is why they serve the devil king. This nameshit is confusing.

I meant the Devil King ... I don't want to guess how he will be localized. Rathaum?

But yeah, in colloquial use, it's demons that serve The Devil (Satan).

The analogy to the Devil here would be the Devil King in the Ranceverse. So, calling his minions (currently devils) demons wouldn't be wrong if you're translating based on colloquial English, disregarding historical definitions of the words.

Well, you technically had the correct knowledge the first time and then went around guessing wrong after the name changes.
That's why you don't make unnecessary changes.

A once way street to the magical world of "cold tits".

Which I guess some people would like seeing actually.

I was joking when I suggested Arunaru might use the Damned Ones, but I'd much rather have that or pretty much anything for Feliss's race rather than demon.

Ludo-Rathowm -> Rudrathaum
Rathowm ->Rathaum
I assume.

Rance is such a QT, will they ever create a male character cuter than rance.

I don't really care about the Rathowm part, but I can't see that whale anymore without thinking Ludo.

Rick when he's not all Red Death.

Hold on. He could still call them Imps or Dickens.

Impossible.

Blue > Yellow > Red

So, if I counted correctly and no-one double-posted like a fag:
-Garnet: 4 votes.
-Sapphire: 5 votes.
-Topaz: Everyone places 2 except 1 user.

>kanami best
>sill bad
>lia cute

>Kanami best
Definitely.
>Feliss goes d&d
She's suffered enough already.
>5D better SR
Heh
>Bad try Aru

Sapphire > Topaz > Garnet
Garent looks great but she got almost no screen time and comes off as really flat.

I hope the Sapphire voters haven't played 03 and heard her cancer voice. God it was so annoying.

I loved it, although Topaz's voice is simply better.

Apostle Emerald a best

what am i in for

a restart in like 2 turns

My first FFA was with Natori. After 4 turns I would never play it again for months.

I hope you're a tactical mastermind and the luckiest person to ever play Rance.

Whew, got the barrier to rank 9. Now to take over the world.

uhh...never mind.

Is there something I'm supposed to do here? I seem to miss almost every single attack.

This is a lame ass fight if the gimmick is that you have to cross your fingers and hope you hit her

Insult Shizuka and then give her the dick

She is pretty much the entire reason the Badmouth option is in the game

I think it kills gal monsters too.

>Pink:
Keikoku
>Dark Green:
Maris
>Light Green
Shizuka
>Dark blue:
Lia
>Light blue:
Pastel
>Blonde:
Really hard but Milly
>Purple:
Kanami
>Orange:
Julia
>Red:
Satella
>Brown:
Anasel
>Black:
Miracle
>Silver
Arms
>Violet
Kamilla over Sen

huh, I just assumed that badmouth was a joke option since it doesn't really do anything for the rest of the game. thanks

>nameshit always
>kanami best
>hornet sex bomb
>Maris demons
>fucked quest Satella
.Archfiend Aru

>shizuka always great waifu
>kamilla always great
>dark rick
>kanami best
>lia cute
>bad leila
>senhime completely strongest
>maris sure better

If you haven't voted what is your favourite Hornet design?
strawpoll.me/11202283

Easy choice, twintails are GARBAGE

Good to see Rance is as smart as ever

Is 03 translated?

いいえ

No its not.

fug

I'm sure III will be fine then

Rance III is but Rance 03 isn't bar one Kanami scene.

03 is the best game in the series after VI/Sengoku. III is trash.

I liked III better than I, II, and IV

I wish I could play it but >learning japanese

SR>6>3

Are there any english sites that have info about Evenicle? I'm interested in knowing about its story, setting, and characters, among other things.

I guess i won. I guess. Maria is my favorite so im alright with this.

No but I am happy to answer questions

I actually promised to do the Evenicle section on the wiki

Well this is our new soccer home ground

What is the name?

It's set in a world where if you have sex with someone other than your single married partner, or murder anyone, you get cursed. This means you can't produce anything, you can't grow crops etc. which basically forces you into a life of banditry and thievery to stay alive. The only exceptions are anointed knights, who are allowed to have more than 1 wife to spread their elite genes more, and kill people (so they can fight the bandits).

Note that you don't have to consent to the sex. If you get kidnapped and raped, you will also be cursed in this way, basically ruining your life. Of course, society doesn't accept or tolerate anyone with the black ring that shows it, so you are driven out of your home and rejected by everyone you once knew and loved.

Ludo Park

Best uesugi

>Not liking the game where Feliss can solo the world.