So how badly did I fuck up? $4350 private party

So how badly did I fuck up? $4350 private party.

-2004 Mustang GT with 129K miles
-One owner since 2005
-Premium interior w/ leather and Mach 460 factory stereo, premium (Cobra?) polished wheels
-Recent clutch, tires, alternator, intake manifold, fuel pump, pads/rotors, plugs
-Maintained at a Ford dealer
-Super clean inside and out, but not "cleaned," no leaks
-Bone stock mechanically, original exhaust that isn't even rusted out
-Aftermarket removable air dam, gas cap, chrome interior accents

-Rattle can paint on a fender where he tried to DIY a dent
-Starting to get some rust in the rear wheelwells
-Clutch is brutally heavy and hard to finesse
-Steering rack either has worn mountings or a worn rack

>he didn't get the ecoboost model

You overpaid by about $2k

good news you got the manuel. got some pictures of the inside?

You overpaid by about $500. Not bad as long as you can wrench.

Where're you? I'm in the northeast and KBB is around $4600, with ads on CL in the $6-8K range.

Should of gotten one 10 years older

I'm just going off what I personally think it's worth given the tendencies of the previous owner.

KBB values are completely irrelevant with enthusiast-compatible cars.

not bad, user.

You paid over 4k for a plastic mustang.

nice one

looks like a good buy

just maintain it and that will be loads of fun

>given the tendencies of the previous owner.

Like what, other than the cosmetic shit? It's clean for a 2004 and all the major service is done. No signs of hoonage or neglect.

it's a mustang, it's very existence is for hoonage

>Recent clutch [at only 130k], tires, alternator, intake manifold, fuel pump, pads/rotors, plugs
Possibly great, possibly sign of hoonage / overuse.

IDK, it certainly doesn't sound like a "great condition" car, but I'd probably get that at that price if I were into mustangs.

12 year old car with those parts replaced in the last two years? I've done more than that to my mother's Camry since 2014.

'04 is the only SN95 with a 8-thread heads: fewer plug blowouts.

Bump.

The clutch on this really is brutal. Supposedly has a new stock Ford OEM clutch, but the engagement is like on/off. Bad clutch cable or what?

If you've got no rust and the owner since new I'd say not too bad. You paid a bit more but you got a cleaner specimen.....Is it manual?

I paid 3500 for 03 GT with 165k on the Odo

My GT has a pretty heavy clutch but it's not that bad, sounds a little janky.

It's not too heavy, it's just that as you're lifting your your foot off all the sudden it grabs. If the clutch really is new I'm thinking the cable might be binding. That sound reasonable?

Going from a Miata to this is hilarious. That car had a clutch I could work with my little toe.

Lubricate the clutch cable. It needs to be a lubricant that will use capillary action to flow down the entire length of the cable. Used motor oil might not be a bad choice. You are likely used to hydraulic clutches.

New Edge Mustangs are massive pieces of shit and I know because I owned one and had to drive it.

>bought a mustang to replace a miata

you fucked up enjoy your piss poor suspension and build quality

This car is complete crap . Mustangs are ugly Ass cars

Miata was my DD for three years. I was already thinking of replacing it (too small) when I found out the rust had eaten into the frame.

Was looking at GTIs and Focus SVTs but I figured I'd go full mullet and get a muscle car.

I don't think you could pay me to drive a mid 2000s 'stang

Anyone done an Ecoboost swap into an SN95 or Foxbody?

You misspelled power-loss model wrong, user.

Not a fan of the body style and the engine is weak sauce compared to Coyote's, but premium with leather seats and a manual was a good move. I think you did just fine with the money you had.