>Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5666549046.html
bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/5661832542.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>3 posts early

Literally kys yourself

First for Ninja 300 best bike

I adjusted the clutch cable on my bike so it catches a lot earlier and holy fucking shit is this amazing.

I don't know why factories don't do this stock. I brought it in at least a full inch and my take offs, shifting, and rev matching are all so much more smooth.

You guys really need to do this if you haven't already

You misspelled harlry

>I adjusted the clutch cable on my bike
oh, good for yo-
> I brought it in at least a full inch
why do you hate your gearbox?

inb4 am being trolled.

FINALLY

Hey guys

Why would I be trolling?

I don't know if it's actually good or bad for the bike. The user manual says to give about 2mm-3mm of slack when measuring and I do about 4mm-5mm so it's not that bad. Some people do 15mm

who the fuck are you

I'm Tom, I was here last night

Hey /dbt/, I've been looking at Ninja 250's for years now and know a shit tone about them from watching countless Youtube videos and literature. My father works with a mechanical engineer who specializes in motorcycles and has been on two wheels his entire life and I have been in contact with him for a while. He says that in his opinion for a me, a new rider (although I have taken the MSF course), he recommends the Suzuki SV650.
I was hesitant at first, but I found one on CL that looks nice. I don't know much about them yet, but I've been doing a lot of research and I am just about ready to buy my first bike in the next few weeks.
Is the SV650 going to be a better choice than a Ninja? What is a good price? Here is the post in question cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5666549046.html

Extremely pleased

The ninja 250 was my first bike and while I don't necessarily regret it, I do wish I had started off with a different bike.

Contrary to popular opinion, it's actually a pretty fast bike (especially if you get a sub 2008 model with the 40hp engines). The SV650 is faster, but not by much - and as a beginner, you aren't even going to be able to properly utilize any differences in speed/acceleration.

The ninja 250 is easier to maintain/work on so you'll learn a lot about motorcycle mechanics by doing so. It's a small ass bike that weighs little and is low to the ground so it's easy to ride and manage. If you're a short guy, then I would start with the 250.

Other than that, it really doesn't fucking matter. You're going to want to upgrade either bike after a certain point. I would have stayed with the 250 longer if it were a SV650 or maybe a KLR (which you should also check out) but it wouldn't have changed the end result

tldr: doesn't matter. get the ninja if you're short

Speaking of which, how am I supposed to get slip on exhaust(s) for my 2005 EX250? It has two fucking exhaust pipes (one on each side)

>The SV650 is faster
>but not by much

So would a 250 be a bad idea for someone who is 6'1"?

>dat booty

itasha Daytona when?

Anime figures?

i cant bring myself to pour sweat and tears into a design and then throw it down the track at 140. i'm doing something but probably not til the season's end, and it wont be itansha

So my 1098 is going into a build over the winter here in aus I'll be slapping in chain and sprockets going down 1 tooth on the front to make it more friendly at slow speeds a new 300CCA 23AH lithium battery, mofset VR, uprated battery terminals to the starter and fixing up miscellaneous bits like the shifter and radiator, also getting tuneecu and cables to play around with the map and save it just in case too.

I'm kinda miffed because I know my bike was in that manga but they didnt make anything like this with it

That is one hell of a dragon dildo! And a glass one, too!

are you sure you want to fuck about with lithium batteries?

I know a mate who went that route and it was a big pain, supposedly LiFePO4 is the way to go for automotive purposes if you are though.

I dunno it just doesn't seem to be worth the weight savings for a road bike.

I don't think so, they're spacious enough.

as a 6'2 bloke I can say the SV650 is a great size though.

I'm sure he means a motorcycle-specific Lipo4.

No, but you'll feel better on a larger/taller bike. I am 5'7 and my 250 feels like a toy now.

>tfw you want a Monster 696/796 as a second bike but know the valve change intervals are absolutely silly and a naked 2nd gen SV650 is infinitely a better idea in every way

its such a pretty bike

i was told (but havent looked for myself) that the 4 main girls and bikes would all come out. I would consider getting Raimu maybe. Hane and CB400 are on pre-order right now but the quality isnt as amazing as this one (sh figuarts)

You'll always see me post because I'm always here kek

I don't think I took a pic of the time when you rescued me. I could grab a pic of the clutch cover though where I JB weld fixed it.

I got a billet clutch cover and I'm going to make a guard for the oil pump cover.

>ducati

lol

have fun spending $6000/yr in maintenance

Kato looks a bit less retarded than the last time we saw it.

>mfw my parts arrive tomorrow and it's gonna be a high of 98 degrees

I should probably just work on my bike naked.

>Raimu figurine
I have managed to resist the temptation to buy weeb figurines for quite some time, but that is something I'd buy.

I have all kinds of errands to run in addition to mowing my yards and bike/car maintenance. I might have to just wait till dark to wrench.

>picked bike up from impound today
>fucking $500
>auto club won't pay for impound tows
>based tow company didn't mention impound on the receipt
feels fucking good, man

>hot as all hell today
>big ass box pushing me against the hot tank
>super crunched up
>no wind, just a really dry heat blowing up my face

My penis became part of the tank by the time I got home. But it's okay, between the nice new helmet and jacket thats on the way, heat won't be an issue in my new area much longer.

Also for the record that bungee job was actually very secure, and I'm quite proud of it.

Any pretty new gear lately guys?

Sport bikes are too dangerous for the street anyways, why is KTM wasting money on this?

What happened?

>Any pretty new gear lately guys?
no, i'm fucking poor as fuck and my helmet is falling apart at the seams

sucks ass

>buying icon gear

lol

the transmission took a shit so i ditched it in a parking lot but it had the wrong plate and the pigs got spicious

Wrong plate? user, are you a thief? :D

no, the plate fell and i couldn't find it off so i took one from another bike i don't ride as much

it's still registered and insured

Yeah, that's about what I figured. That sucks man, how in the world was the tow 500$? How far away was the tow lot?

$350 tow on sunday (needed 2 people hurr durr don't know if it's a harley in a ditch or in a thousand pieces or what)
$100 storage
+tax

fucking racket

Got a Vortex as a stopgap until my new Star comes in next month. Current helmet expires and won't pass tech this month

icon is good, dude

Whoops

don't worry, they'll miraculously become safe for the street soon enough when KTM builds a replacement for the RC8 that's actually quick.

I'm jelly

I'm looking at the R3s, the used market sucks balls here so I might end up buying new since the used ones are going for $3~400 less than new prices.

For what purpose

bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/5661832542.html

I don't know if I'd say "good". Better than Bilt or Sedici but nowhere near the quality of a Shoei or Arai

More than happy to fuck around with the battery, it'll be a shorari one motorcycle specific so not a bang up job, the 1098 is known for needing a lot of CCA and having to be placed on a charger when not riding even now with its 220cca lead acid it's a bitch to start and can drain the battery quick as anything and you can't leave it for 4 or more days without a charge.

i'm thinking of taking apart my 2 stroke to fix the transmission for the first time ever and possibly rebuild it while it's disassembled

is this a stupid idea? (never rebuilt or done anything major to a bike before)

any tips?

kind of near the quality of shoei and arai for a fraction of the price

oh, it's one of those ducatis where the starter motor wheezes and bogs and you think it's not going to actually start but then miraculously does?

>tfw my little SV charges the battery very capably even when idling and can be left for weeks with no problem

What type of 2smoke if you're going to do the Trans why not go all out and rebuild it while you're there

it's a 40 year old enduro and i don't want to go all out because i've never done it before but i kind of want to learn

help me /dbt/

track days are eating up all of my money

i have no more disposable cash

i denied a date because i couldn't afford to buy her dinner and a movie

do you have any idea how hard it is to want to buy beer but not being able to afford it?

help me.

Yeah definitely one of those ones and when it does start the battery is near flat and you're hoping that you won't stall it riding back home to safety

feels good man. if you find yourself still having money to waste on women and booze, pick up another racing discipline

for example, the reason the transmission is fucked is because the bolt that was holding the gear oil in came out while i was riding and it all drained out

is pic related saturated in gear oil?

install one of those little holes they have on the ducati motoGP bikes so you can start it with a power drill.

So for my first bike I finally decided on, and bought a 1978

>Honda

CB750 with 24000 miles for 750 dollars

How badly did I fuck up?

Ugghhhh.

Almost went straight into the side of an Infiniti at 65mph on my way home today. Fucker did a no-look-no-signal lane change right into me. Now I'm gonna be scared out of my whits for the rest of the week. Damnit.

I think I found a BMW i'd ride... around the block before selling it and buying two other bikes.

serviceable bikes regardless of age usually bottom out at 2-3 grand

so provided it works, you did well.

It is pretty though.

Haha it'd be better than taking the battery out and bringing it home to charge when it doesn't start, my Ducati is currently at work with no battery and you can just forget trying to bump start it definitely not the most friendly bike. Although I still have my Honda 400 so I won't be stopping riding just giving the duc some love

that's a lot of miles for an old air cooled bike but the price is good, if it's in good shape and drives i'd say you did well

That's fucking obscene.

Everything was kept well maintained and it runs like a charm, only things fucked were the exhaust was in the middle of being replaced and the front brake was removed. I know I sound like a pussy but it's a hefty son of a bitch, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

y'all gotta get used to that.

Don't worry eventually it won't even phase you and you just hit the brakes and move over a bit and continue on at your resting heart rate.

I'd ride a K1300S/R, S1000RR, HP2 sport and a R1200R.

How high are your fucking standards?

i accidentally found the touge the other night and almost hit a roo, so you're not the only one wearing skid marks right now.

What a pretty baiku

>i denied a date because i couldn't afford to buy her dinner and a movie
Netflix and pizza

>do you have any idea how hard it is to want to buy beer but not being able to afford it?
Suck it up and drink colt45

BMW just isn't worth the price tag. Expensive bikes, shitty dealerships, expensive parts, if you don't wrench it yourself the mechanic bill will suck your wallet dry.

And all for what? an overly complicated German motorcycle that hasn't won a GP in years?

Is your new bike in there?

i still havent picked up the MZ from Viffer's house ._____.

i'm getting a trailer hitch and renting a trailer so i can grab it next weekend at a trackday

No wonder you need so many bikes, 3 must be broken at any given time.

>move to new place
>it's on a dead-end street
>hear somebody doing clutchups in the evning
>after about two weeks I finally happen to see the guy
>it's a fucking grom
>mfw

Dude in the neighborhood next to mine has that exact same bike. jelly every time I see him leave.
>pic definitely related

I wouldn't buy a 1st gen S1000RR for the cam chain shit but I'd have a 2nd gen S1000RR for sure.

I'm not a racer so it not being that impressive in WSBK/BSB doesn't affect me, wouldn't be a track bike.

I would in general prefer a japanese bike just for simplicity and reliability but the S1000RR gen 2 would make a sick streeter litre.

>heated grips
>cruise control
>electronic suspension
>oh yeah, the most power in the class too

I'd have, besides the original post was "ride", not own. Can't say it wouldn't be a fun bike to ride uleh.

I swear it will be the death of me some day. But at least it will be glorious.

So someone is selling this 2000 Suzuki Gs 500 for $1600, anyone have experience with them and can tell me if it's worth it?

I saw this a few days ago. it looks like a fun ride i'll say that.

All it needs is a giant MTN DEW decal and you're set
Totally worth the cash

It's on par with HJC, obviously not as good as Arai or Shoei but the alliance is a great helmet for the price, and the airframe is extremely light. Only thing thats separating is the handmade quality and the snell cert. But even then you dont NEED snell cert at all in order to have a good helmet.

Not even close

How do I get good at riding on uneven and dirty terrain?
In particular I need to work on stopping uphill, starting uphill, turning back downhill and perhaps reversing back uphill.

It looks like a great little hooligan bike.

Would someone with more BMW knolage please tell me why the hell every single bmw bike seems like it's 1000 cc or more?

there is the F800 GT but it is more sport touring than a real speed machine. and some of the off road bikes. They all just seem heavy.

sup /dbt/

i have a gsxr 2002 i can't ride anymore.
i can't go above 50mph without it cutting out, sputtering and stalling. gauge cluster/lights remain on while it happens.

any idea what it could be?

no. as an owner of both icon and arai, just no.
icon is style, thats about it