Ripped off?

Alright guys so I own a 2005 Mercedes-Benz C 230. My driver's side window regulator just broke and they want to charge me $1,100 to fix it. Am I getting ripped off?

Bump

Self bump

You can change it yourself. They're charging you a lot because it's a gigantic pain in the ass to rip apart your door, replace the regulator that is nestled in the sheet metal and probably surrounded by wiring and cables then putting it all back together to look like nothing happened.

Pick and Pull has the part for $28.50.

Thanks guys it's much appreciated.

>window regulator just broke and they want to charge me $1,100

who the dealership?

but yes its a fucking rip off. i wish i could change it for you cause they are so fucking easy to do. its just removing the door panel and everything is right there

You got ripped off the moment you bought a Mercedes you retard.

Senile Scotty please go

Ripped off? depends on how you look at it, a Mercedes dealership is charging you Mercedes parts pricing + Mercedes labor pricing to take the door apart and replace the regulator. It's something you can easily do yourself if you want to

Mercedes wanted to charge me 300+ to replace the tailgate lock actuator on my ML 430.

>Mercedes

They always rip people paying with ebt off

Seems fair. Removing a few screws to pop a door panel takes 8+ hours usually

I bet you like Apple products.

nice meme

nigga all that interior comfort shit is literally the EASIEST part of a car to fix

just spend a day and do it, you'll feel accomplished afterwards.

>buying a german car
>being surprised when you get raped on repair costs

i'm not hating on Mercedes, but cars like that arent cheap to maintain. they'll feed you some bullshit about all the certifications they had to get to be qualified to be mercedes approved mechanics

Yes.

That's standard dealer markup. Get a quote from a good independent and it will be far more reasonable

as a guy that just replaced the window regulator on a 2010 C350, hope you have a good set of drill bits because they fucking use rivets on everything

>who the dealership?

Must be a Mercedes dealership. Because it sounds about right for that.

Merc repairs at official dealerships are full on retarded expensive. There's a reason for the saying "don't expect to get out under 1000 [of your currency. It's pretty much the same everywhere, where 1000 is expensive]"

And that is why only rich people should buy Mercedes.

Not really. Shit's easily half as expensive at independent shops. The only problem that then remains is just the overall problem anyway; finding a good shop.

Have a mediocre-shit toyota Rav 4.

Accidentally hit the side of my garage today and the plastic front bumper fell off.

The metal bracket is largely intact but bent.

I know I will need to get the front bumper and its bracket replaced. How much is that likely to run me in the best case from the local toyota dealership?