/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax has been fixed. Most entrypoints SHOULD still work, but need to be adapted, and so does NTR CFW. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!QNVizZ6B!YZ1p8qtvNiuj5UpiJGWPukVqS8Er0gEo9cD1X4-E9RU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

^

How do I know which of these I can delete?

5 hours

where's the new one way heroics dump

wtf is the point of DS access on 3DS? Just get a flashcart.

>paying to pirate

Hi Gateway

oothax update when?

The second DQ7 drops my schedule is going to become fucked.

What's the point of piracy? Just get the games.

>A lot of users says "get a pesky cheap flashcard", but a lot of those flashcards lacks of features like: Wii Connection (Pokemon Battle Revolution), WPA Wi-Fi and DSi Enhanced enable. The possibilities to get a full control of the DS(i) Mode are a lot, just thing about getting a enhanced DS(i) Mode experience.

>do agb_firm shit, mess with sysnand
>install luma3ds
>run an emulator
what's the best way to play gba games on n3ds?

Installing the DQVII cia from that ISO site. I PM'd the user and asked him for the link and he gave it to me.

But not even sure if I'm gonna share the link if you guys still think I'm lying about it

To be fair they're only like 10 bucks but if you have stubbornly held out this long it makes no sense to buy one now that we are on the verge of DS roms straight from SD card.

>f5ing the 3dsiso DQ7 thread constantly

What am I doing with my life?

you weren't anyway.

gba injects

gba emulation is laughable through an emulator/rom setup now

Make GBA CIAs

virtual console

lol bitch you aint got nothing
kys bitch

I think you're telling the truth.

Reminder that a9lh is shit. STILL THEY COULDN'T FIX MY PROBLEM even though the guide is supposed to be perfect

Stick to Luma emunand lads.

I'll believe you. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point anyway.

that ok if you don't share, we will just think you are a slimy frog.

Care to explain why you're being so rude to that anonymous poster? He's just trying to keep the general alive...

I die a little inside with each henkaku update that doesn't fix the save bug.

>on the verge

Is that what several months is called now?

Youre not alone buddy
Is this what hunger feels like?

You can use cheats, turbo, or save states with injects

what was your problem?

SFV on 3DS when

Luck for you guys, I'm not an asshole. Halfway done installing. Gonna see if its legit then post the link.

that would be the method that involves doing the agb_firm patch, right? or is there a new method of gba injection? last I checked it would just crash my shit

>spend 2 hours trying to get amphetamine and henkaku 6 working
>mgs2 still runs like shit
i don't know what i expected

You're just retarded. I've been able to downgrade my N3DS and then use it to downgrade an unhacked N3DS that was on 11.0.

How about you finish the install and then proceed to post some proof along with the link since the game it's gonna be available all over the internet soon.

not him but where do I get these gba cias/how do I make them?

The ones with the smallest size.
An easy way to do this is to scan the archives with ctrl+a, and then deleting all the smallest ones with shift+del.

Hope this helps.

Is DQ7 the one with the hot red head with the huge rack?

cause he aint got shit and he's looking for attention
bitch should fuck off

Can you PM me the link please

Is there a Steins Gate vpk that is in English?

End yourself, attention whore.

You guys should also end yourself before kissing up to some lying faggot when you can have the game within days no matter what.

nah. its the one with the superior redhead

I live in a shithole where they're scarce and importing from chinks would take months to arrive. I'd rather wait for a free alternative, which will happen very soon from what it looks.

>if you have stubbornly held out this long
I only very recently got interested in playing DS games (actually, 1 game in particular). Which I could actually emulate in my computer if I was so desperate.

>cheats
pussy shit

>turbo
can be useful for slow ass games

>save states
bitch shit

Newer cfw like luma autopatches everything, no need for that bullshit

Who is that semen dispenser?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 crashes when entering virtua forest.
Can someone try to dump with mai?

Well I'm obviously gonna post proff. At 870mb now. Almost done

It took you 2 hours to visit a website and put a folder in the correct location?

I'll be at work then, I want DQ7 on my days off

>what's the best way to play gba games on n3ds
You don't. You play those shits on phone.

i got a pm too justin fag btw i can shrare if u want

is the senran kagura EV 1.2 update in the doc the latest update?

dont, dragon quest fucking blows anyways

That's DQ8, coming out in a few months.

Good

why is /hbg/ so gullible

so, if i did the dsiware downgrader, and it made me update to do the system transfer, which payload do I use?

Taiko DLC

W
H
E
N
?

DQ:7 CIA From that guy on 3dsiso mega.nz/#!QNVizZ6B!YZ1p8qtvNiuj5UpiJGWPukVqS8Er0gEo9cD1X4-E9RU

quit being a faggot and just share if you got shit, if not stfu and let us shitpost

How do I make a skeleton vpk with mai_moe?

11.0/1

BASED user

Okay, I'm reading the pastebin for the vita guide, should I assume that piracy still isn't possible on the vita on 3.60? I don't mind waiting, I just haven't read up on anything since the first exploit was released a month or so ago.
Sorry for asking to be spoonfed.

HYYYYYYYPE

Payload for what? You should continue reading the guide. It will tell you that the hacked save you transferred will allow you to pseudo-downgrade to 10.4, and then you can downgrade to 9.2.

>mega.nz/#!QNVizZ6B!YZ1p8qtvNiuj5UpiJGWPukVqS8Er0gEo9cD1X4-E9RU

Let's see where this goes.

Why do you underage fags goes to these lengths to ruse? Nobody will care, nobody will give you a medal and nobody will tell gou you arw the epicest memer alive

M U S T A R D

Here, take a (You)

CAN CONFIRM ITS REAL. PLAYING NOW. Gonna post pics, hold on

Is there lewdness in DQ7/8?

How do I know if I have menuhax?

its possible but still in its infancy's any game can have any bug (notably fucked saves) so just wait a bit

how do you boot into emunand9 on luma?

that's what I'm trying to do.

browserhax is broken, so I'm trying to do a secondary entry way

I've tried basehaxx and oothax and neither have worked so far

also its justin fag btw i always deliver (steal) ;)

>1.42

Literally the same size of the Japanese version. Nobody ever tries

Well, I'll bite the bullet. If a ruse, is it at least a fun one?

Some hidden autism in me would rather wait for an NA DQ7 cia than an EUR one.

anyone else a faggot like me?

Anyone remembers that one time when some dq leak for the ds happened but it was a free ticket to brick city?

This is just a different game renamed to dq7

>creating theme
>install, music doesn't play, learn about size limit (why does this exist btw)
>only options in audacity are to ruin audio quality either through stereo to mono or changing the sampling rate
>get bcstm converter that supposedly does the same thing yet the quality doesn't decrease at all
I learned that I am not an audiophile today.
Thanks for reading my blog

NOA took out any and all puff puff I can assure you

Anyone please?

seems like there needs to be a 11.1 payload just wait then

When you hold down the button you bound to menuhax, it will do the epileptic color stuff on the bottom screen and boot into homebrew.

I just finished while using OoThax. If you're trying to use OoThax on the target 3DS, you have to use the payload of 10.4, as that's what the save hack "dowgraded" it to.

that's what I thought, but it keeps crashing to the home menu.

>today my vita lasted 3 hours flat before going red in battery playing GB3
>tfw is 30 mins less than playing SAO lost song

I am concerned

>playing actual videogames on a phone
Are you retarded? Go back to your endless runners.

>what is brawlcustommusic

Oh and here is the link. Its real guys. Same link as the other poster just posted

But I haven't finished the new Ace Attorney yet

>trying this hard to fake shit

Enough is enough faggot

>Disliking the game with the best DQ waifu.

Shit taste plebeian.

oops sorry forgot link
mega.nz/#!QNVizZ6B!YZ1p8qtvNiuj5UpiJGWPukVqS8Er0gEo9cD1X4-E9RU

That's wrong actually, only the NATIVE_FIRM is downgraded to 10.4, everything else is the current one. The relevant thing for launching homebrew is actually the homemenu version instead.

You have to use the version you see in system settings.