/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #417

"Up" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings (Obstacles):
youtu.be/WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Vote!)
strawpoll.me/11054607
strawpoll.me/11083494
strawpoll.me/11088687
strawpoll.me/11103444
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=76D2D05pqj4
youtube.com/watch?v=ooCYYWsF9pI
youtube.com/watch?v=80lkonyQAKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For the love of Christ controls us, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died.

Max and Chloe look so sweet with wet hair

Victoria is queen.

Bae > Bay Everyday

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Max is #1

Bae > Kate Everyday

Kate is #1
Hiroooo fix the site

How can she be so cute /lisg/?

Alice is a good little girl!

To think some silly anons would believe she's a demon is beyond me...

Please do not make it a competition between Chloe and Kate. they are both great in their own ways, plus Max will always love Chloe and see Kate as a friend.

It's the power of the bun.

Of course she is, Kate raised her.

What Max and Chloe are doing these days?

WHAT'S IN THE BUN?

this is so cute! That little stolen glance is adorable. I love how realistic the entire animation is too, like that sweet half blink Chloe does, it looks and feels so real with that.

They alternate their time between being with David/Joyce in Arcadia Bay and Ryan/Vanessa in Seattle. But that is going to change soon since they saved up their money from working and are buying a small apartment in Seattle- their first place together.
Yesterday they celebrated Kate's birthday and went to her party, so that was fun.
For jobs Chloe has been working with her mother while also taking online classes. Max works at the tea house she and Kate usually go to as well as selling some of her photos online. Some people have even hired Max to photograph specific things or their events.
Every now and then Max & Chloe and Kate meetup for tea, coffee (Kate doesn't like it very much), and snacks to just hangout and discuss stuff.

Kate is #1

Know your place, Kate.

She certainly does. At #1 she belongs.

Every girl is #1 at something in their own way! Please stop turning it into an argument or competition!

>#1 at something in their own way
What is their own way?

Is there a 'Do it for her' for Kate? If not I'm making one

Every one of them has something they are best at, and things where they fall short.

Do one more

Thank you friend

So I didn't like the post mortem one, but I'm also on a phone so it's sloppy right now. I'll probably go back and make one better soon.

Alice is #1

I want to hug Chloe.

>Chloe corrupts Kate
>The corruption spreads to Alice

She has to be stopped.

Make sure to include and perhaps this pic

Reminder that if the game has caused any sort of trauma to you that we are here to help and if you need more severe help and if you need to talk to someone then you can visit

www.lifeisstrange.com/talk

Good luck to you and we are always here if you need us. There is no shame in admitting your pain, remember Kate having someone to talk to saved her life too.

No, Chloe just babysat Alice one day and they got along very well.

Max is only days away from turning 21, and Chloe has already been for the last year. Theys about to partay proper, user!

Trauma is a feature.

Well all do. But only if she gives us permission.

Yeah. Chloe took an old black sock, cut the toe part off, then cut two slot in the top. Voila, a bunny-mini-beanie!

>tfw you will never find your max

And even if I did find "my" Max she'd hate me.

>i'm a self reflecting warryncuck who deserves to be friendzoned

Yes I will, remind me tomorrow night if I forget.

Thank you for posting this.

Lol this picture

Just be happy with who you are my friend. Or help me create the program to find an IRL Max waifu on daring websites. One is clearly the healthier option.

Fuck I meant dating website

I think I know what you mean. I find Chloe very relatable, I feel similar to her and I feel like I need a Max to save me

>>Just be happy with who you are my friend. Or help me create the program to find an IRL Max waifu on daring websites. One is clearly the healthier option.
oh yeah whatever happened to that project? that sounded pretty dope actually, you going to make it?

How can this work though?

You want to create a program that takes the faces of Max/Kate/Chloe and finds girls who look similar?

Then what? I am interested in this though

Oh no. This is a terribly unhealthy idea and I'm entirely too interested in it.

Listen. Whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you, because I will never abandon you, Chloe.

If you didn't tear up at this, you're literally Jefferson

Using bioid to make standardized face images than using imagemagik to mathematically compare them. The ones with the least mathematical difference should look the most like Max. I haven't actually done it yet, I guess we could find someone who looks like Max and compare it to someone who doesn't look like Max to see if the idea holds water. The problems I see are: will the imagemagick results show that green hair is significantly more different than another shade of brown? If not we're in a bad way.

That was one the moments I teared up. I really wish they did more with that.
Chloe probably remembers that day very well and may remember Max acting oddly. If Chloe remembered that when Max mentioned "screwing up" and seeing William again, Chloe would have put two and two together and realized that in that time, Max knew something was going to happen to William. Now that would have been an emotional moment.
Also there was a cut part from Chloe's rant in the car where she hinted if she had Max's power that she would save William. Another really powerful moment but for some reason they cut it out.

Max wants to kiss Chloe.

>daring

Well, if you want to get technical, that got Chloe her Max.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping that when Max revealed to Chloe what she'd done in 2008 that Chloe would have some big emotional reaction suddenly remembering the moment when Max acted weird. Maybe she'd already been thinking about that moment, but was still mulling it over and wasn't going to ask Max about it yet. It would have been a really, really great moment. Something's very appealing about Chloe remembering a part of Max having to make the decision to kill William, rather than Max just briefly summarizing it to Chloe and Chloe not remembering anything.

The line they cut during Chloe's rant was, "Max, if I had your power, I would go back and change everything. Everything!" and I think that was one of Ashly Burch's best lines from the game. It was so full of anger and sadness.

>lol hey we should kiss lol that'd be totally gay lol
>lol hey we should have sex like to be ironic lol
>lol let's get married like a bunch of carpet munchers lol
>lol we should adopt a little Chinese kid like as a gag lol

gal pals!

youtube.com/watch?v=76D2D05pqj4

>I can't trust anybody again. Everybody pretends to care until they don't. Even you.
>Chloe Price. You better take that back. Right now.
Man, they cut all the good lines.

Max should follow her heart and do it!

Exactly my thoughts. Chloe realizing what Max did, and then undid, and that something horrible must have happened to make Max undo it. I read some fic where Max talked about Chloe's situation of being totally paralyzed, and Chloe figured out what her alt. self asked Max to do. Both of them have a good cry and Chloe comforts Max. Can't remember what the title of that story was though.

That was the line I was talking about, I agree that it was one of the best.
Chloe jokes about how Max could have used her power for trivial things, but then she says that and it all becomes clear.
It's Chloe's feelings being shown in total honesty; she traces every bad point in her life back to that one moment and wishes it could be different.

I'm toying with the idea of completely rewriting the game as a fanfic, and I would not shy away from changing the entire structure of the story to fix Dondnod's mistakes. Would anyone be interested in such a thing?

Go right ahead. I think the general is always in the mood for some nice fanfic. Would this be a big reimagining or would you only tweak a few key parts?

gals-pals is Unironically my favorite word

Of course! Go for it!
The writer Catboiler did that, plus a sequel, and it's turned out pretty well aside from some oddities and OOCness. (As long as it ends well and with Max and Chloe both alive)
I'd love to read another competent and consistent re-telling of the game.

I'm still thinking about it, but I'm thinking a fairly big reimagining. The only things that would remain essentially unchanged are (most of) the characters. I'm thinking of cutting Jefferson as a villain and altering how Nathan fits into the story, though he definitely still needs to be there making dick moves.
Rachel and her murder are important to Chloe's character, so they have to stick around, which means there needs to be a murderer, but I don't like the idea of Nathan actually being a villain. I'd also expand how Max's journey to the AU fits into her growth and the overall story.
The main thing is obviously that Max and Chloe's relationship needs to stay at the center of the story. I'm fairly set on keeping the final decision.
So it's all pretty up in the air. It'll take a long time to write if I ever get to it, and I need to do a lot of planning first.

So would you make one of the existing characters the new villain or would you make a new one? Aside from Sean I can't really see any other candidates.

It's a catchy term

I wonder what type of music they listen too together.

Your best best for a villain is Sean Prescott. Perhaps make him and his family tied to the storm. They want it to happen to wipe out Arcadia Bay and leave it bare for them to buy out and build on. The girls being kidnapped are ones they believe may have a power capable of stopping them.

Man, I just don't know. Part of me doesn't want there to be a single tangible villain, but someone has to murder Rachel, and the tone of the story almost demands that there be some conscious entity working against Max and Chloe. Maybe it could be Jefferson, though with him aware of Max's powers and just written less like a cartoon psychopath. That might work best unless I decided to completely give up on the actual story of the game and change everything.

I dunno. Maybe I'll get back to you guys with something in a month or two.

Max would probably make Chloe get into a bunch of hipster indie stuff, and Chloe would make herself enjoy it because it reminded her of Max, which in turn, would make her actually enjoy it.

Take your time, write what you want, have fun and make it interesting.
Since you want to avoid Jefferson being needlessly evil then I won't suggest making him have a similar power. Max and Mark timefight during the tornado.

Max definitely likes the indie stuff, but so does Chloe based on what we can listen to in her room. But I also think Chloe would like rock, punk, metal, etc.
On long drives, Chloe puts on stuff Max likes. But once Max is asleep, Chloe puts on her stuff. Sometimes Max wakes up to Chloe jamming out and singing while driving, for a few moments Max just keeps her eyes closed and smiles as she listens to Chloe's voice and simple happiness.

Kissing.

Oh wow, more bunnies. Just how many of those does Kate have? She should start a Rabbit Sanctuary!

youtube.com/watch?v=ooCYYWsF9pI

>you will never live in Arcadia Bay

I think I'm okay with that fact. Prior to everything it was a clearly corrupt and declining town. After, a place ravaged by a storm and scandals.
Although once all that is cleared up and it's rebuilt it would probably be a nice place.

>There are people who don't want her to be happy
What a world we live in

>corrupt and declining
That basically is America in general. I still like it here.

Those people forfeited the right to be called 'people', so no, there are no people who don't want her to be happy.

Those people are fools.

Kind of a drastic comparison, but I suppose you're not wrong. I like it here too, wouldn't want to live anywhere else honestly. Although a different state wouldn't be bad.

That line wasn't cut, you just have to provoke her a little bit with your dialogue choices.

>once all that is cleared up and it's rebuilt
The town was considered by its own residents to be a lost cause even before the storm came along. What makes you think anyone's going to waste their time, effort and money restoring that shithole? Max and Chloe certainly didn't stick around.

Because that's the way things are. Destruction brings about the need for rescue, recovery, and rebuilding. That's a source of jobs, the government (State and national) put money into helping those in the area, and volunteers come to help how they can.
Sure, some people will leave the town and not return. But others will go there either temporarily or move there. Plus it's a fresh start for the area and an unknown is better than guaranteed decline.
Arcadia Bay will survive and likely grow.

>the GSP coordinates all are under water
>Arcadia Bay was never rebuilt
>Bae confirmed for canon ending

If the disaster in the game was massive tsunami, that would have really been a good hint. It would also be realistic to say "Most of the town probably died", which is just is not when they're facing a tornado.

>Garbaldi, Oregon after a massive storm in 2007
spooky

I wonder when we will start getting news about the series.

New video by Sbel. Not LiS related aside from Max appearing a few times, but it's showing him creating a custom world. Could be really cool for creating settings like maybe for a comfy Pricefield Winter scene. That is, if he's done making the uncomfy stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=80lkonyQAKs

Even now I'm tearing up just reading it and just looking at that picture.

Just remember that as sad as it is, and as hard as those five years were for Chloe, it does get better for her. In the end, Chloe knows the truth about her father, she knows she has people that care about her (And that she cares about), and most of all: she has Max.

>sbel
You mean unnamed dontnod employee posessed by Imagination Lord AKA Satan in the flesh? Yeah, no thanks buddy.

Max smells...

This melt down only further proves you must save Chloe too or else you do exactly as she says and betray her too. All that shit in her life and all that comes of it is her dying? fuck that. Seriously bay ending is just so much shit.

Thanks for the tears btw.

She still has some morning wind to let out.

Like coconut in the spring/summer, almonds in the fall/winter, and cucumber hand lotion.

I honestly do not see how the Bay ending benefits any of the characters. Maybe Kate if Max didn't talk her down from the roof, but even then there's no guarantee she won't still get bullied or feel ashamed. And if she does go back up there, then Max won't be able to help her.
Other than that it's destroying everyone close to Max: Chloe, Joyce, David, herself, and by extension her own parents. An absolutely inappropriate and boneheaded decision.
Max, Chloe, and everybody else do not deserve that. Bae all the way.

Don't let anything tear them apart.

Very comfy.