/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>looks good edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>Shifter Linkage
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDDZQEDLscw

>Integra GSR
youtube.com/watch?v=RkN9x5VgbXI

>user shows teaches us what an aa valve is
youtube.com/watch?v=6IdCwmC624c

>user's Skunk 2 Exhaust
youtube.com/watch?v=-xVSz2nTtn8

>Civic Gang
youtube.com/watch?v=5Nqv5uZGo_g&list=PLyr_eTQASjhTBI_3WpjGIrW0ZeFqwEI-C&index=8

>user shows us how to make cold intakes great again
youtu.be/rp2mlyP3bgI/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk

>Shingu's Exhaust (lel)
youtu.be/nn49mPpnDtY

>Who's trolling the /hg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=D938mAav7Ek

>Kanjo Ricers
youtube.com/watch?v=-wxwJx8wa7g&list=PLyr_eTQASjhTBI_3WpjGIrW0ZeFqwEI-C&index=19

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Staying up till like 8 am tonight. Hell yeah.

Parked next to a mawded RSX S in Mississippi. Will get a pic when I leave.

I ask myself why the fuck am I staying up so late
>work at 3pm
>gym before and a couple of errands before work
>take at least an hour nap after everything and before work
I've been borderline sick the past few days since Ive been sleeping like shit recently. Haven't slept 8 hours straight for like 2 weeks now. It's taking a toll on my body.

Damn that sucks. I don't do anything beside work and sit on my ass. Fixing cars when i have to. Hopefully the Corolla will chill the fuck out for a while after I fix that coolant leak. I'm used to the hatch where most of the clutter was deleted.

There's literally a gym across the street from my job. I should try going when my money isn't being burned.

How's the Corolla coming along m8 last I saw she was leaking coolant

There's a inch or so long hose connected to the water pump hemorrhaging coolant pretty bad. Not gonna be driven until it's replaced. It should be good after that and a coolant flush.

>that fucking intake location

COLD AS ICE

>tfw taking the long way home along the beach

Comfy as fug

Looks good

Thanks m8

The beach is spoopy as fuck this late at night. It's weird.

I'm looking for an economical car for shuttling around during college. Is a honda fit good or should I just nab a civic or accord?

Fit is gud. Nice cargo space and great MPG. Can't go wrong with any of those three though.

I was cleaning my signals and noticed how nice it looked without the orange, but ive got a feeling making even light clear would be a bad road to go down

Thanks, I appreciate that. Is there anything I can do to a fit to make it a bit less anemic?

Not too sure. Though if you want more power I'd go for a four year old or so Civic Si.

No. But its short gearing make it feel more powerful than it really is.

> driving home after dropping mom off at her new $8 something an hour job 35 miles away
>bits of tire bouncing off my hood
> narrowly avoid blown tire in my lane

I hate the interstate.

Buy yellow bulbs, problem solved mayne.

Thinking about buying an 06 RSX Type-S. I would rather an Integra but the ones in my area are all trash. Anyway, any reason I should avoid the RSX?

>any reason I should avoid the RSX
it's fuckhuge pigfat
expand your search or just wait. A nice DC2 GSR will come along eventually.

>DC2
Someone will steal it after having it for a couple months.

c-can i still be honda senpai

Meant more like it takes a few steps into ricer territory when you move to the back, unfortunately I still think itd look cool

Damn what happened senpai you alright?

>tfw this months insurance is free
Extra $430 might just pull the trigger on an exhaust or intake

Yes a fit is good and the civic and accord is also good.

Lol I just ordered clear corners for my eg. The Japanese eg civics had clear corners. It looks better than having the orange.

Finally she has a new job.
When is she going to drive herself?

Weighs about 100-150 lbs more than the Integra GSR while making 30 more horsepower, more torque, shorter gearing... what's the problem?

Lots of parts that can work from em2 with very little conversion. Parts are pretty cheap just hope to god your fuse box doesn't go bad. Also check the engine and tubes around it cause the only ones ive seen in "good" condition are in need of replacement of timing belts and gaskets.
Welcome to ripip. My car will make list soon with all the money im burning on that blue em2. Fuse box is probably shorted that or the relay switch for headlights at the moment. Gasket wants to go but cant afford to do it now. I cant tell if the auto trany will go out before the engine.

Voting for intake

Hopefully tomorrow. Gonna pick up the new hose I need tomorrow morning and put it in the Corolla along with a coolant flush. She's still looking for a better job while she's at this one since she normally makes $35k as a paralegal.

Just woke up so I can go pick her up then I get to go to work immediately afterward. I've driven over 150 miles since 1am this morning. Civic stronk.

> feels 99°F

pls no

I don't want to go outside today.

>feels 106

my humidity probably isnt as bad as yours though, and good thing my car never needs work

It went up. Only way to fight it is high speed interstate driving.

>95℉
Wew lad
I was sweating at stop lights

Yeah work is hell since the sun doesn't go down until after 8.

I'm just gonna take my AC shit to my uncle and let him finish it. I can't deal.

Get your Chinese shitboxes out of here. If it's not American, it isn't worth the plastic it's made from.

Wow really makes you think

what's better fwd or rwd

This nissan decided it doesn't have to abide by traffic laws

Phew that's rough. Other drivers are awful.

> get back to my interstate exit
> shift into second
> can't feel it but it works

Bruh this linkage is fucked.

Yay, my marvelous civic is on the collage. :3
However I need to fix some things. What's worrying me is the speedometer. Whenever it hits 120 km/h, the speed indicator makes a nearly 180 degrees turn, only stopping on the rester. When it hits 120 km/h or higher, the speedometer comes back to the original position and works fine for a while. Is it something electric or a problem on the whole dashboard?

Plus, the cruise control doesn't work. Maybe it's related to the speedometer issue?

fwd master race

OH yeah, had to forget the specs. 1992/1993, EX model. Maybe I'll trip since I'm likely to be the first Brazilian in here.

Probably the speed sensor. I don't think the cluster itself would be doing it at a certain speed. This is just a guess.

Damn, at least youre alright and hopefully insurance takes care of the civic

Thoughts on this intake /hg/?
>No link cause mobile

I forgot to say that it makes a 180 degrees turn to the right. It goes until the max speed on the dashboard until stopping on the bottom of the indicator rest on the 0.

Still a speed sensor issue?

If you can borrow another cluster and try that it can pinpoint the problem. That's what I'd do

inb4 my Subie stock walks your civic.

May I suggest an Injen intake instead? Not sure what build you're going for but an Injen CAI will give you some ponies, nothing noticeable of course. Google K series parts and you'll find it for your current car, assuming you drive a 2012 SI by the picture you posted. Also, free shipping on almost everything too even the K&N intake at the same price.

If you win you fuck my ass.
If I win I fuck yours. No homo.

Thanks senpai I'll have a look not sure if want to go CAI or not just started looking around

....it's a deal senpai...

I thought about doing that but most likely I'll get it replaced, should rule it out and even prevent some troubles.

beautiful picture, even if I don't care for the cars looks.

>yfw my civic is an 1.5 auto and I'm not sure if it can go fast

So we'll fuck inside my car or inside yours?

Yeah, i know the new bodystyle gets a lot of hate. I think it's an acquired taste.

Yours, im not fucking up my upholstery. No homo.

If I may add, since it seems you're going the Short Ram Intake I'd say go for it with the K&N, you'll get that deep roar when VTAK kicks in. There's also the GReddy Short Ram for about $344 USD and the Takeda Momentum Pro Dry S for $379 USD all with free shipping.

Plus, just saying, mines a 1.6, just checked it lol. 125 bhp, code engine D16Z6. What's your Subaru horsepower, user?

Good choice. Mine has leather seats.

Ex sedan with a Z6 is pretty much an Si sedan for that gen. The US Si model had that exact engine.

268hp, its fully stock aside from an aftermarket shifter bushing cause i didn't like how the OEM one felt.

I'll do stuff to it when it's out of warranty.

Yeah I was leaning to short ram cause it just seems easier due to that being what's already in there but if the benefits of cold air are worth it I could do that guess I'll have to use some Google fu and look at the pros/cons. Appreciate the help since I'm new to modding

I'll race you user be careful though my red badges add 10 HP each

Wew lad.
Seems like I'm good. However I don't think Honda sold the Si version until 2008 on here.
But the automatic transmission probably kills the sportivity.

>268 vs 125
Will you use lube? My butthole is virgin.
Although it's pink.

(You) used to call me on my cellphone

Fwd in terms of fuel efficiency

Looks good

Lost my shift linkage on a hill at a stop light. Got stuck in third gear.

JUST

Automatic?
My father had that issue once. Can't find the name of the piece but it was a linkage too. All he did was put it back in place since nothing was damage. Luckily it slipped when steering on parking.

insurance took care of the civic for sure, by carting it off to a junkyard and writing me a bittersweet fat check

Would race.

Oh I'll race you under these conditions. If you win, I have to bang your sister. If I lose I have to bang your sister.

Nah manual. My bitch pin fell out and that holds everything in place.

How the fuck did that happen?

>cylinder 1: 120 psi
>cylinder 2: 180 psi
>cylinder 3: 180 psi
>cylinder 4: 182 psi

kek, looks like my next vid is going to be how to change a head gasket. That, or if I have a bent rod or bad piston rings (no mechanical knock present, so unlikely) I'll be putting in some hardcore bottom end upgrades.

Wtf man? Did the nuts loosen itself off or something?

The fuck is going on in this thread?

also, if I could pick one thing to do while I have the head off to restore some performance, what would be the most bang for my buck? I'm thinking like $400-$500 upgrade not including labor costs other than valvetrain because I'm doing that later

I'm not too sure how it fell out. It was shifting just fine then boom.

That pin is supposed to be hard as fuck to remove so of course mine just falls out.

What options do you have in mind?

No thx

Who likes dicks here?

Corey does. It's confirmed.

I'll try anything once.

Funny enough I was looking at the wrx but went with the civic because of insane insurance

My insurance isn't too bad, depends a lot on how old you are. Im at 200/mo but I have two other vehicles on that as well, although they are both liability only. Full coverage on my Subie obviously.

well, I was going to wait and do springs and retainers when I do cams. I can get a decent set of valves for like $300-$500, but I'm wondering if my money and energy is better spent on pistons to restore compression and possibly handle even more aggressive cams?

Is he a tripfag?
How does one be a faggot in Honda general? Post pics of their butt while bending over on the car hood?

Firstly (YOU) have to ask stupid questions.

I'd love to try out a "kink" I've got. Fucking while bending over on a car hood or while bending over on the engine bay.

Fuck, I lost the pic where there was a couple doing that on the hood of a civic coupe lol.

Whoa bro don't get hostile towards me.

Yea I know there's two nuts that holds the pin in place. I only put mine on with 2 full threads. They're stubborn. Your threads are probably fucked on the pin and/or on the nuts

Yeah I was 18 when I was shopping around I'm paying 430 a month for just my civic with full coverage it was the cheapest I could find that's with 1 speeding ticket

Are you pitching or catching in that scenario?

Yea spend it on pistons nig

I'd be up for both. Up to your preference/partners preference.

Are you serious dude? How in the fuck is your insurance that high?

Nah I have this fantasy of fucking some girl in my garage. I'd back the car in, open the trunk, leave the garage door open, play some music, have a girl bent over the rear bumper and her upper body in the trunk as I annihilate her from the behind. There's always a couple cars that pass by every hour so it's somewhat public and that makes it hotter.

Like, your insurance is only $30 less than my car payment on a new WRX. That ain't right my man, you need to do some insurance shopping.