/hou/ - Better Days are Coming

Previous Thread: Some action needs to be taken place, there is so much arguing going on here, everyone keeps fighting. Now there has been some agreement on a couple of things which is a good sign that we are slowly going away from the bitterness of the last threads.

A mini conference meet is happening at Main Event around 3:00PM on the 31st. More details on this post: The Galveston timing and I believe the date have not yet been finalized so more on that later.

With all that's going, please try to be respectful to each other and have an open discussion. Never forget about our beginnings. Regardless of that, THE NEWS:

- Hard to find news when scrolling through the thread because everyone is yelling, please don't do it this thread :3

- Night Wave the song and music video: →

- There are a few voting systems that have been proposed

- Gun sock for sale →

- E30 rides the west, coming back soon →

- Night Wave font is still being decided on
Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
>dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.

>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
>instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

hou.haruha.ru/forum/
houston.craigslist.org/ctd/5683842638.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5683181578.html
fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for peaceful /hou/.

He's looking for a gun sock, not selling one.

That's a cute bunny, wonder how it will taste in my stew.

You're right, I quoted the wrong post, twice.

My takeaways from the last thread:

Don't forget that we have forums for archiving information without having to go back through dozens of previous threads and contacting users who may not be online via PM.

hou.haruha.ru/forum/

All the limited edition gold stars for early adopters are gone though.

I'm going to go to bed. Stay frosty, /hou/.

Does anyone know what exactly is the Galveston plan for the monthly?

Like can y'all list the things to do.

>Main Event 31st
Neat, I'll probably be able to make it.

To be fleshed out at the Main Event conference on the 31st.

Works for me, putting it on my calendar.

Well, so far the plan is to depart Buc-ee's and take 2004 to Lake Jackson, then go down to Surfside Beach and drive along the beach to Galveston. In Galveston there's plenty to do, from the pleasure pier to Seawolf Park, to making seagulls fight for french fries, to parking at the beach and running towards it while shouting "UMI-DA!".

From there we've got the choice to either take the ferry to Bolivar and drive all the way around the bay, or just head back to the mainland and on to the final destination, which is looking like Kemah.

Personally, I think we should take the ferry to Bolivar even if we don't go all the way around the bay, since it's free and you can get the seagulls to take food from your hand and it's pretty neat.

>getting cucked by seagulls

I'm eating every single morsel I spend my money on.

Last time I went on the ferry I brought a bag of those puffed corn things from Buc-ee's.

Seagulls love that shit. You can make them fight in mid air if you toss them into the crowd.

Pretty entertaining in a Battle of Midway kind of way.

Hey guys. I might be landing a new job soon and will be looking for a new commuter car. The requirements are
>under or around 35k (maybe 40k if it's real nice)
>comfy for my commute
>MPEEGEEs
>performance/handling

It will be automatic and currently I'm looking at a 2014 ATS/CTS 2.0t, a 2013 325i (2l turbo), and an audi a4/a5. Anyone have any other recommendations to look at or experience with any of those cars?

I make 40k and no way I'd be looking at luxury brands but that's just me. I also wouldn't get an autotragic car

This nigga right here, he is the real deal.

He wants spend what you make in a year on a car.

Focus RS.

They say the average car loan is 57months with a monthly payment of over $500. That gets people over leveraged real quick. Bought my car for 4k cash and 100k miles on a Honda ain't muc

I'll be making 55-60k. Plus my mortgage will be ~$300/month since I'm borrowing the land for free. I can comfortably afford $500/month on a car and still have 50~66% of my income for savings. I will be getting an auto too because 610 West. Thanks for the input though, I guess?

Golf R

>gtiguy

Well, the cars you're looking at are essentially base models. They are slow but look flashy. I'd be looking more used and higher trims. I have driven all the cars you mentioned except I think the 325i was older and I really only liked the interiors. I'd go for the beamer cuz its little. If you want a reliable luxury cruiser, Lexus is the way to go

Are they comfy? I figured they would be pretty stiff being a performance car. I'm also partial to the used market, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

I'm looking at used models. That's why they're all 2014-2013. Plus the ATS turbo with a tune makes 300hp. It's not really "slow". The BMW and the ATS are the front runners for me.

Yea but if you want speed once you get on boost mpg goes out the window

Right. So it's either or. Speed in boost, mpg when not. Sounds good for a daily to me.

I like the beamer as it is a tad lighter (but slower), but like the ATS styling more. Not sure how maintenance would compare

I generally do all my own work on my cars and the parts pricing is pretty similar, so I'm good there. I'm definitely going to test drive both of them before I make a call. Any other cars in the sort of area you would recommend I look into?

13 miatas

Perfect. No more recommendations needed.

G37 coupe

Any reason for the g37 over a 370?

i know it wasn't posted yet but,

>makes 55-60k on a job he hasn't even been hired on yet,

>wants to lock himself out of 500/month for a very long time

if you are going to spend that much, shit nigga. 09 -10 cts-v are like 30-40 k

I'm not going out to buy it today. It's something I'm going to look into getting a few months after I start working there. Talking about it now just helps keep the thread active during the day. Can you really get a cts-v for that? I really wanted good mpg, but a may have to make an exception for a cts-v...

disregard my suggestions for a cts v, those get atrocious gas mileage, sorry i didn't read that part.

it looks like you know what you want, you have good conservative choices lined up, not everybody wants a gas guzzler engine with their leather and upscale badge desu.

the g37 has 2 more seats, much better engine tuning and sound insulation i believe because people complain about the 370z NVH all day. it'll take you from cali to new york without a hiccup

Cool. Thanks for the recommendation. I appreciate it.

houston.craigslist.org/ctd/5683842638.html
not an old V2, but high mileage for the year. probably some daddy's money boy owned it and drove everywhere with his friends on the gas card. wouldn't buy.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5683181578.html

might b gud, but it looks like that driver seat will have to be sanitized.

that's just on craigslist. i saw on 09 in the newspaper for 33 thousand when i was in prison,

please dont get a v coupe, that's the ultimate douchebag chariot after the dudebro gets bored with his SRT8 jeep cherokee and he can't afford a maserati gran turismo yet.

Back seats and more room overall. I wanted a g35 just for the backseat practicality. And insurance is lower if you have backseats

yeah no problem, and honestly that's the worst part of the cts v, the fuel mileage,

>gm forum

>My combined mileage on a tank of gas is running around 17 MPG. Not too bad for a 4400# car and I like to see the boost gauge move some times. One of these times, I'm going to "hypermile" the V Wagon and see just how good it does if I can keep my foot out of the throttle. It's really hard to do.

the i believe the sedan and coupe is marginally lighter in weight. maybe it's not atrocious as i thought, but i saw the window sticker read 12 city 18 highway. i get around 18 day to day in the gs, it's liveable.

>inb4 but you get free gas cunt

Ditto to you sir

Man that's what my dad's 99 f250 super duty gets. I mean, I'll look at it. But for something like that I'll need to be more comfortable with my income/expenses before making a call like that. Even though my budget I 35-40 the ATS and BMWs were more around 25. Still though... A cts-v...

Its a supersedan thatll stay relevant for ages because of the engine. My shitbox is already obsolete, a relic of a bygone era. Its an icon that basically said ok bmw, audi, mercedes, jaguar, step up your slow shit.

I wouldn't consider your car an obsolete relic. I think there will always be a following for v8 rwd sedans. Plus if I'm not mistaken there's still a pretty big tuner scene for it, no?

I've always seen Lexus as a manufacturer that bridges the gap between comfy and sporty. Don't know how true that is for your car, but that's generally the idea I got from driving them a few weeks ago.

Fast, but not nearly as fast as their competitiors. What they make up for in speed, they gain in comfy factor.

Its a sport sedan from a manufacturer known for a japanese buick, so there is that. not that that's a bad thing, i personally think buicks are the shit.

it was the fastest sedan around, and now i'll get walked by any 5.0 or camaro ss today. it needs a lot of money put into it for the car to keep up with something like that, like the s/c im putting in will probably be fine and dandy for those clowns but anything more than that will require an aristo swap, because spending 12k on building the 1uz and twin turboing it is out of the question lol. i'm not going to lie an aristo swap opens up a a new world of modding potential to the gs. Supra mods are now your mods with an aristo swap.

quoted the wrong post
quoted meself
when i wanted to quote

Don't get me wrong I know your feel. When my car was new it was one of the fastest practical cars in its price range. Now a new base Honda civic would be a challenge for me.

it breaks my heart when i'm racing something like a g37 and i'm like dead even with the fuccboi and cant even edge him out

same thing with those charger r/ts

That's sort of the way technology goes. Just look at the average horsepower in shitboxes today compared to 10-20 years ago. 200hp was fast for a production car in the 90's, with supercars being 300-400hp. Whereas today you see shitboxes with 200-250hp and sports cars breaking 350-450hp easily.

In 10 years, I wouldn't doubt a lot of these new cars will get BTFO in some way by future ones simply because of how quickly technology and manufacturing has advanced.

I have yet to try out the Subaru Outback, and from what I've seen it's super comfy.

Should I bother test driving one, or would I look too much like a lesbian?

>na subaru

>mom has arrived

Oh god, the more I look at it, the uglier it gets.

I don't think I'm going to test drive one now.

yeah if you're going that route, might as well get a toyota venza and call it a day, lol.

so basically you're leaning toward cuvs and small trucks?

What about a Ford Escape?

I've generally eliminated all CUVs off my list, and I'm left with mainly trucks now and a couple of sedans I haven't tried yet. I was just curious about the Outback, since a bunch of people recommended them because they're comfy.

Only reason I need something with a higher ride height is so I don't feel like I'm being stabbed when I enter/exit the vehicle. Even the comfiest Lexus GS was a pain to get in and out of.

Otherwise, I'd probably just buy a Fiesta/Focus ST and call it a day.

Tried one, it's okay. If I had to get one I'd wait for the Sport to come out.

>available 245hp turbo four

Im definitely ok with this

>Not everything is perfect, of course. The Escape doesn't feel as roomy as the Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4 do. Its dashboard cuts into knee space, and the seats feel a bit too firm. In real-world driving, gas mileage has fallen below EPA estimates.

i take it back :(

There's always the SHO...

Fuck this I'm never coming back again.
If I see you fucks I'm keying your cars

i hear that car is gud and comfortable

fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2692

t. calicuck

Try the Scion xb. Even though it was marketed towards young people, most of its sales were to older people because it's easy for them to get in and out of.

With Scion being kill, you should be able to get one from a dealership for bretty cheap.

I actually might pop over and try it once I'm done with physical therapy.

Pain management is toning down my meds for surgery, and said I can drive if I need to.

three words, pre owned lexus.

my friend has an rx330 (hur u posted an nx200t) it pulls hard and is comfortable, yet has capable levels of handling and is available with navigation and awd and such

I scouted Hermann Park to make sure it still had grills. I found exactly one. It might be a good idea for someone to bring a portable grill just in case it's taken when we arrive.

I also found a bunch of baby ducks.

Don't you remember what happened with /k/ ?

They got trolled by a screencap that refuses to fucking die?

No.

Is it deformed?

The brownie thing?

Muh alignment is so off

>stance nation

Gf and I finally got back to Tomball a couple hours ago. I'm sunburned as hell and broke as shit, but it was a good time. The odometer rolled over 290k miles somewhere in Los Angeles, and I had absolutely zero problems with the E30 until I got back to Texas yesterday. Around an hour or two before Ft Stockton we pulled off I-10 at a random exit to take sky pictures and I hit a poorly marked set of holes in the limestone/dirt pack, sending both front tires into parallel holes and my oilpan into rocks. It cut pretty deep, but no crack.
And then I woke up with a flat tire after sleeping in my car at a parking area 50 miles before Ozona in bumfuck nowhere (based full-sized spare and brand new tire).
I put over 5000 miles on the car in less than 2 weeks, so the idle is a little rough and some good tlc and maintenance needs to be done, but damnit I got where I needed to go nearly without a hiccup.

What a cutie
post ass

Funny; I lost the brakes on my '59 Cadillac in Ozona. I made a stop in Huntsville to pick up a few things and the starter failed on my Excalibur, so I'm waiting on AAA to tow it home so I can, hopefully, fix it and start again tomorrow.

Forgot the trip; not that it matters...

Breddy obvious who the post came from:^)

My car just got finished being sprayed and will dry by tomorrow so the gs is sleeping in the booth tonight.

Meanwhile i got something to play with tonight. Jk its not even powerful enough to break the tires kek

Yeah; my loaner car is a 2012 Lincoln MKZ; not a bad car, really. It's super comfortable, too. I'm having the Excalibur taken to a trusted mechanic because I literally don't have the time to fix it, get to the convention, prepare for my move to Huntsville, and sell the car I've been keeping out in Colorado.

>better days are coming

I really want to believe senpai

>Jk its not even powerful enough to break the tires kek

ok

>tfw life sucks and you can't even smoke weed to feel better
A-at least I can drive again

Cuz yours is a manual

I've broken the tires on equivalent performance cars in automatics as well.

no honestly it's too weak to do that. maybe if i give it full steering lock in one direction and then brake torque to a takeoff.

i think something is wrong with it, like it needs an o2 sensor or it needs new sparkplugs or something because it's pretty clearly not running at full power, should've clarified that.

why are you moving to huntsville? new job? and sorry to hear about that. it must be a hard to find part.

and what convention are you referring to?

Yep. New job and much cheaper rent. Thankfully the starter is a pretty easy to find part; generic GM 454, I'm just on too much of a time crunch. The DeLorean convention starts tomorrow and I have to be to Springfield by tomorrow afternoon.

Doing the same job somewhere different or do we need to come up with a new name for you?

so you'are delorean is running?

Yo, i'm in Old Town Spring and it is LIT with people playing Pokemon Go. At 11pm. This is crazy.

Same job; better hours and pay.

Running, but not driving. I should be done with the mechanicals by the end of the month.

>fall trying to go to bathroom
>while on the ground, end up finding my lost AR selector spring
neat

kek

I guess the relatively leisurely pace of this thread means peace has been achieved.

Maybe it's detuned to run like shit so people don't rip and tear the engine. That way they can sell it in the near future.

>tfw no gun

soon brothers

its his car, the 60 year old man probably never pushes it hard enough to notice the missing power