>holds resale value
>good looking
>very capable off-road

Other urls found in this thread:

edmunds.com/toyota/4runner/1999/safety/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Land cruiser?

/thread

I would agree but they're more expensive and get pretty bad mpg. I think the 4runner is the sweet spot for a DD

>needing off-road capability to drop little Dennis off at soccer practice

land cruiser is the only correct answer, unless you consider its size and MPG as impractical. regardless, the 3rd gen 4runner will be on clickbait lists/slideshows 10 yrs from now as one of the best SUV's of all time.

Also please Xterra cucks, just leave this thread alone. We know that youre mad that you couldn't get a 3rd gen.,

2nd gen pajero sport

>same but
>+ super select gearbox
>+ diesel

Easy.

Nissan Safari and Mitsubishi Pajero are both better.

>terrible build quality
>less power
>diesel is shit
Same to you.
Shit is shit
Especially when compaired side by side.

>the one you don't like

Dacia Duster

>280k miles
>terrible mpg
>no records
>4 owners

$20,000 FIRM NO TIRE KICKERS I KNOW WUT I GOT

Had one for two years. Renault Duster, 'cause where I live, it's Renault who sells it.

It's extremely poorly built, everything breaks apart all the time, the 1.6L version is underpowered, which leads to a disproportionate fuel consumption and low torque. To top it all off, after 2 years, the engine would randomly have major trouble starting, and it would constantly make a funny noise when idling. Sold that shit as fast as I could. I really wanted to like that car, but it sucks. Sorry.

Not better but pretty close to equal and for less money: 2nd gen OHV explorers either 4x4 or AWD(with factory rear LSD).

Toyota truck owners on Craigslist are the worst

>implying 4runner has good build quality
>implying you need power for offroad and not torque
>implying you can't get those with petrol engines if you're a fag

give me an example of why 4runners don't have good build quality

just look at the interior m8

same shit plastic and """"""leather""""""" as nissan/mitsu

Youre high nigga

I had a 2000 4Runner with the Limited Trim, brand new. Lasted for 4 years. Motor decided to explode in busy traffic right before the 65,000 mile mark, plus the tranny went to shit along with it. All in all It was a complete piece of shit.

Way better looking in my opinion and bullet proof 4.0 L V6

>I had a 2000 pajero with the Limited Trim, brand new. Lasted for 4 years. Motor decided to explode in busy traffic right before the 65,000 mile mark, plus the tranny went to shit along with it. All in all It was a complete piece of shit
Its easy to lie on the internet

>jeep

>v6

>V6
>Chrysler
>Bulletproof

Yee yee, 4.0 all the way

PFFFFT

>be user
> be faggola
> thinks Jeep cherokee has v6
> really its has a 4.0 L (242 cu in) AMC H.O. I6 or 4.0 L (242 cu in) PowerTech I6 (gasoline)

kek know your stuff before you post
just being friendly

tfw in america and cant get a land cruiser troopy

I bet it would get annihilated in a small overlap collision.

>edmunds.com/toyota/4runner/1999/safety/

>4.0
>V6
fun fact early xj's did have a v6, a gm 2.8

>Patrols and Pajeros have shit build quality and diesels
Here's another (you) for your efforts.
-9001/10

Are people this stupid?
To think mitsu and nisshit is better than toyota?
Really?

Is isn't say "better" you dumb shit.
Landcruisers, Patrols and Pajeros are all equal in terms of build quality and diesels, whether you wish to acknowledge that or not or resort to outdated generalizations.
1HZ=TD42=4M4x.

>Is isn't
*I didn't*
Fuck you're gay ass you faggot iPhone.
Perfect example if shit build quality.
adage for samefag.

And *sage, not adage you fuckhead phone.

head gaskets can be pretty shit on mitsu v6 engines, but that guy was retarded for not noticing it before disaster struck.
pajero's are sick trucks

This tbqh.
More accommodating, yet similar footprint to a 4Runner. 9.5" diff compared to the 4Runner's pedestrian 8". Drivability and compliance similar to that of a 4Runner, with better traction methods. Seriously, the 4H sans centre diff works great on powdery silty sand.

Even then, the only reason head gaskets take a shit with the 6G7x V6s is if they overheat.
If you let your truck get to that state, you shouldn't own a vehicle.

i don't think it's necessarily the overheating but the gasket armor being prone to wear out quickly. But it should be noticeable by an oil leak.

Name a worse shitposter than an Australian.

Fair enough. Although I know plenty of the old 6G72s and even 6G74s capable of well over 300,000km without needing a head lifted.
8/8 shitpost m8

>holds resale value
Used to be true, now it's false.
All the vehicles that didn't hold value before are now far cheaper and have finished depreciating while the 4Runner continues to depreciate.

So compared to buying a 4R for $5k now and selling it for $4k later, you could buy something that historically hasn't held value for $2k and later sell it for the same.

Unless you're talking about new or lightly used vehicles, "holds value" is a meme. It's a way for sellers to convince you that paying too much is a pro rather than a con.

4.0 is an inline 6

This is not even in the same class as the 4Runner. That would be the Sport.

It's not, what are you talking about? 250,000 miles on my Pajero and it's even been overheated once.

Some toyota engines suffer the same shit. Aluminium heads expand at a faster rate than cast iron, causing some wear on the gasket armor. Swapping them for aftermarket multi layer steel gaskets with good 'friction resistant' armor is the best and probably only reasonable option.

>Some toyota engines suffer the same shit.
No, VZs do it. 6G7s, do not. The only thing the 6G7s really do is kill valve stem seals when they hit about 15 years old or 150,000 miles.

I think you're confusing the 6G7 with problems with the 4D56.

I've known engines with less then 100000km to show signs of future head gasket failure without a single overheating incident. It just happens, man.

Chevy blazer.
Pretty much the same in every category.
Better looking (objectively)
Bigger after market
Worse at holding value
Perfect size suv/cuv
Also it may not have had the roll up and down rear windshield but it did have a sunroof option and a 2 door option.
Plus with ZR2 and Xtreme, and 4 door options, there was one for any buyer.

Yeah everybody is running out to the dealer to buy a blazer...oh wait.

I never worked with a diesel engine in my life. The only other problem I've known with 6g7 engines were the camshaft seals going brittle, because the owners forget to change them with the belt.

Brand new maybe, they're direct competitors.
But on the used market where the full size Landcruiser competitor Pajero resale similar to that of a 4Runner, and is of similar external dimensions in all but height, they're a viable alternative.
Regardless, this thread is "SUVs" in general. Not a specific size.

Exactly. So you can get them dirt cheap. And the vortec v6 have been proven deep into the 300,000 mile territory.
Also a small block swap is easy as fuck in a blazer for those that need more than 190hp /260 ft-lbs

You know the phone let's you see what it corrects your words to. Fucking idiot.

>Brand new maybe, they're direct competitors.
I'll clarify that was in reference to the Pajero Sport, or Challenger in other markets.

You don't say fuckwit, but only across 3 lines.
I'm not autistic enough to scroll back through and proof read fuck head.

>two-door "SUV"

>good looking