Hey Veeky Forums I have a 05 Acura TL that I am going to be sadly getting rid of

Hey Veeky Forums I have a 05 Acura TL that I am going to be sadly getting rid of.

Ideally I am looking at buying something RWD and manual. Budget is 30k what would you buy in my position?

Assuming you need four doors, I'd check out an E90 335i (N55 engine which was introduced in 2010 or 2011, anything before will be an money-pit). Last good car BMW made.

>new cars
Fiat's version of the miata
370z
get 2 more grand and get a v8 stand

>used cars
e46 m3
e63 amg
370z
Z3M/Z4M

uhh

Really there's no reason to buy a new 370z and this is coming from an owner of one. They've barely improved anything over the years, it's outdated and going to get killed off very soon.

I also bring the E90 up in because I'm thinking of buying an E92 335i myself.

You can get a decent E92 M3 for 30k these days.
I second fiata, but I don't know of many dealerships getting the abarth yet, so if OP wants/needs a car soon it may not be an option.

None. Keep the TL if it's manual.

I dont really need 4 doors I am not driving very many people around in any case id rather go down to a coupe because out of all my mates im the only one with a 4 door car so I end up being taxi

In terms of maintenance how would the E90 fair ive never really looked into it pretty much just took the meme of BMW and Mercedes being a money pit

e92 isn't as good as the e36/e46 m3..
mainly because it's like 400 pounds heavier

E46 has always been a dream car of mine however unfortunately in my area I can only find cabriolets

look outside your area negro

Well there's the E92 which is a coupe. If you go with a 335i (torque out the ass and pretty fast overall in a straight line) the models with the N55 engine are very reliable and maintenance isn't too bad, obviously will be more than a Honda.

As for actual sports cars you have the usual ND Miata, 370z, 987 Cayman, S2000, C6 Corvette etc.

>As for actual sports cars you have the usual ND Miata, 370z, 987 Cayman, S2000, C6 Corvette etc.

Also don't get me wrong, the E92 is a great performance car which is why I'm in a similar boat deciding between a first year Cayman, C6 Vette and 335i myself. My 370z is just getting too obnoxious to DD (loud as fuck, meh-tier comfort and the worst manual transmission I've ever driven) and I have other reasons for selling it anyway. Guess I'm hijacking the thread a bit.

>tfw have both z and e46 m3
Am I living the dream?

Nah not hijacking at all I was actually considering a 370 and if its that terrible as a DD i can cross it off my list

my dream....

It's not terrible but the transmission is REALLY clunky which is my main complaint. Even with good shifting you're likely to jerk it and the revs take a while to fall so it takes forever to shift. Compared to other cars it seems to be very difficult to drive smoothly in low cars when not accelerating. There's also a lot of complaints about the clutch being an on-off switch but I never really found that particularly problematic.

Take a test drive and just keep in mind if something annoys you, it's not something you're going to stop caring about.

>low cars
Low gears**

wut

>E92 M3
>3483 lbs

>E46 M3
>3415 lbs

Did you ever think about a G8 GXP?

>white trash

I just through it out as a suggestion. As an alternative to the Europe/Japan cars suggested. Don't like it fine I don't care. I've seen plenty of white trash and niggers drive BMWs too.

get either a 07-08 Mustang GT500 or a 2010+ Challenger SRT8