If Honda made an affordable NSX with no electric motors, no turbos, no AWD, and a 6 speed manual, would you buy it...

If Honda made an affordable NSX with no electric motors, no turbos, no AWD, and a 6 speed manual, would you buy it? Or just get a Vette/M4/GT350/etc instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29920/acura-nsx-rear-drive-convertible-type-r/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"so if honda made an FF with a 6-speed would you buy it?"

>If Honda made an affordable NSX with no electric motors, no turbos, no AWD, and a 6 speed manual, would you buy it?

That would be a real NSX. Thus hardly anywhere near affordable.

>shitposting

Assume it's RMR

no because there are things about this car that cant be changed or fixed like that

If it was "affordable" wouldn't it not be an NSX? the point of the last one was to offer a cheaper, just as sporty and exotic Ferrari.

The new one (as far as i know) is the only Super Car offering affordable-as-its-going-to-get hybrid technology for its price. Apparently 3rd-Party manufacturers already see some potential in this hybrid technology and i think Ariel is going to use the NSX's hybrid tech in the next Atom.

as for your question:
>If Honda made an affordable NSX with no electric motors, no turbos, no AWD, and a 6 speed manual, would you buy it?

No, i like the car the way it is now and even if they did offer it like that none of you would buy it because it would still be "too expensive" and Honda would be potentially wasting their time capturing a market who has no money for them instead of the people with money who often buy semi-automatic super/sports cars (see: the majority of C7s being sold are semi-auto on top of the majority of Porsche 911s being sold are semi-auto). for christ sake there are people who still complain about the toyaboru cars even though i thought its exactly what everyone here wanted.

>cheap
>RMR

delusional

Mr2 fiero

Nah nig
it'd still be slower than a corvette for twice the price, plus lolv6.

>tfw honda will never make a glorious v8 sportscar

sux

RMR is extremely economical to implement. All you are doing is taking an ff drivetrain and mounting behind the driver. Toyota, smart, renault and many others have done it before.

I don't think Honda has even made a more-than 6 cylinder anything apart from their F1 cars and some concepts that i don't think they ever released. if they did team up with Yamaha and made a Hybrid V8 my dick would be pretty hard.

these are only times tested by motor trend.

butthurt

Not a fan of hybrids personally. I don't feel like they age well and the whole weight thing, but you're right. If by chance Honda did produce a v8 it'd undoubtedly pair up with some sort of hybrid system.
Potential for dat glorious na honda v8 ship has sailed :(

>photoshopped lap times

No.

Why?

Because if Honda made an affordable NSX without those features, it will literally be . . .

FWD.

Which is counterintuitive.

>no electric motors
>Would you buy it?
No.

like ?

How about something other than a crappy V6. What happened to the V10??

Why do so many idiots in this thread think it would be FWD ?
If it had all the features op listed then it would be just like how the old Nsx was, which was Mid engine rwd.

>Honda
>more than 6 cylinder

I'd love to see a VTEC V10 but let's be realistic here

I would consider trading in the 911 for one, but it would have to hit all those points.

>NA
>manual
>RWD
>no electric

I sincerely doubt it would be under $100k, which is the upper limit of my budget 3-4 years from now.

just get the real nsx that's not pigfat.

are they going on le mans next year?

The original NSX wasn't affordable either when it first came out.

Your 996 isn't worth that much buddy.

Sour grapes

Must suck being poor and salty.

not if it looked like ass as the new nsx does

>if Honda made a garbage version would you buy it

lolno

its better than the kit car looking old one and serves its purpose just fine as is

Not ever, those are what make the NSX "unique"

>immediate response is N-NO YOU'RE A POORFAG AND JUST JELLY
Every time

I'd get the TLX 3.5 with SH-AWD over the NSX.

Except the 9 speed DCT on it is garbage

The 8spd DCT is only on the 4cyl.
The 9spd transmission on the 3.5L is from ZF.

What else would it be? If you can offer a reasonable explanation of why someone would make that comment, I'll be surprised.

It's Veeky Forums, generally poor, spiteful, and jealous of those that have nice things. Happens on most every board, especially /g/, /k/, and Veeky Forums from my experience.

>combining a 918 with a GT-R is unique

They're considering introducing one becuase the current version probably isn't selling.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29920/acura-nsx-rear-drive-convertible-type-r/