I'm not here to start dick measuring...

I'm not here to start dick measuring, but I often look around me in traffic and try to find cars faster than mine (not looking to race, just killing time). It doesn't happen often, it's always exciting. So now I'm here doing that on Veeky Forums.

Drag racing is what I do the most and it's also more universal since we can't all go to one circuit and compare times.

With that in mind, who here can lay down faster than a 12.8?

Doubt'er bud

My Subaru outback H6 VDC with the rear seats out and almost snapping the driveshaft on the torque converter stall ran a 16.34 I call that a win on a 4000lb car I got for $750

You know who else can lay down faster than a 12.8?
MY MOM

well of course you aren't going to start dick measuring
you already know your dick is smaller than everyone elses

I know there's people out there like Bromaro and the like who are doing times better than that, but I've been away for a while, I was certain there would be new people with quickish cars by now.

Tell me more.

If you really ran 12.8 you'd have real friends.
I bet you I have bigger hands.

2016 WRX with AP running E85 doing 12.4...

>talks up a skill-less meme category of car culture, says he isn't going to make it about competition
>throws out meaningless numbers to do so anyway

Those are the FA20s now, right? I suppose that means new transaxle, so is it weak like the old ones or are people doing fast numbers on them reliably?

>I often look around me in traffic and try to find cars faster than mine

i love when people look at my shit and *know* they're faster. people like you keep my dreams alive.

52# boost. street only car. i'd be so upset with 12.8.

Exactly, you can't tell just by looking at something. My stock looking rx7 would have touched you up op you raging gaylord.

I know a Talon when I see one, and I never ever see them in traffic. The one time I did see one was when I was at the track when I had my Camry and I still ran him down.

I know they can be fast, but they're just not around to be seen.

Same goes for RX-7s, they're just not around. What generation? I built a P-port car with my ex years back, then an S5

My old bolt-on only LT1 Z28 would run 12.50s on drag radials.

I have some GTO 17s that I'm planning on putting M/Ts on but the stubs and diff on these cars are iffy, probably going to wait until I do the Wavetrac. 275 Michelins for me, I leave the pressure alone, I feel like it's kind of silly to do if you're not on DRs

>Same goes for RX-7s, they're just not around. What generation? I built a P-port car with my ex years back, then an S5

I'm an ausfag so there are heaps of them here. Had a s4, s5 and a Cosmo. Pp is cool, what car did you have it in?

Agreed. I ran some ugly 16in Firebird wheels with BFG DRs slapped on them.

My best 60ft time was a 1.68 on the glass 10 bolt.

With the newer direct injection converting to E85 just requires air intake and protune I've heard of guys getting mid 11's

12.68 @ 114.2 was my best run. Not a huge fan of drag racing, but it was a charity event, so I went along.

Anyone else skip the drags for fear of fucking up their car by launching/missing a gear? I feel much more at home on a circuit than a strip.

Eh, I probably can.

Went into a hachi, never got it to run quite right though, that's when the S5 motor went in, it's a fairly gnarly drift slut now.

I'd smoke you in my stock rex and then blow raspberry vape into your window

Have you got any slips for a 12.8 or faster in a WRX? I'm seriously interested because there's a guy who comes to the track with his '16 sometimes who does low 13s or 13 flat and he's got like a downpipe and one or two other bolt ons.

I've made 1 pass since I finished putting together my engine. Spun the launch hard and had a 2.3 second 60ft. Still managed an 11.814 @ 127.39mph. I think with better tires and driving it's got alot more in it.

I'm gonna guess you've got something like a VMP blower and corn. I know two guys with coyotes with similar setups running 10.1 on a tire with stock exhaust.

Edelbrock blower, pullied and retuned. heads milled 0.005. Comp blower cams and full bolt-ons. Also has rear seat delete and a pretty good about of weight taken out, full roush suspension, stock brembos up front and wilwood rears. Running 315/35r20 race compound nitro but so far I'm underwhelmed by the traction.

Nittos, not nitro.. fucking phones

My badboy would most likely smoke everything in this thread, V6 turbo and AWD make for brutal launches.

177bhp, 8.7 seconds 0-62. No one can touch me, probably runs the quarter mile in less than 20 seconds.

I prefer turning the wheel to have fun, sorry.

You need the nitto drags you cant just put nt01s on and expect it to hook.

We only have a local 1/8 near. Trying to get there by end of summer. Have a set of nt05s I have to slap on the stock rims. Car is capable of sub 12 second 1/4 times in the right hands, which mine most likely aren't yet. But don't see an issue eeking under 12.8

Haven't ran the 1/4 in this one yet but I do the eighth with a personal best of 7.24 with 1.68 60ft so its definitely a high 10 sec car. I couldn't make anymore passes with it since I don't have a cage.

I could smoke everyone in this thread with my EG civic that has a few simple mods.

speed3

Built block, full bolt-ons, freaktune, pte6766

low 10s on drags.

you know the routine. make with the gluten.