Aight Veeky Forums my parents gave me an 11k budget for a car but really don't know what I want...

Aight Veeky Forums my parents gave me an 11k budget for a car but really don't know what I want, can you guys give me some options.

>my parents gave me an 11k budget for a car
>can you guys give me some options

suicide.

Why?

buy a honda, they are practical and reliable dd

>my parents gave me money
Must be nice..

>parents casually give double digits
wow is this how spoiled brats live

>buy $1000 shitbox
>pocket the rest
>???
>profit!

Enjoy it while it lasts fucker sooner or later you'll be paying your own bills

Or this is how kids with parents who want their children to be well off in life live.

I'm sorry your parents never loved you and spent all their food stamps on booze.

Toyota corolla
Any year
Any model

Thanks for all of the actual responses, and no I'm not spoiled I work for all of my stuff by tinting car windows with my dad for 8hrs a day 6 days a week in the shit and hot Tx weather. They just wanted me to have a decent car to drive to college since I'm going to have to make like a 30 min trip to my college every day.

projecting?

>no im not spoiled
>has a nice job because of family
>gets 11k for car because of family

Working with your dad is p shit 90% of the time.

I was forced into working construction with my dad from age 16 until I finally found a normal job at 19.

gee user I wish I had a dad

buy a beater and spend the rest on a trackcar.

Trust me it's not nice at all, you go through 3 shirts a day bc of how much you swet

You do, or at least you did.

ITT: salty jealous asshurt poorfags with parents who didn't love them

If you want a reliable commuter just get an oldish Corolla or Civic. Won't even cost you $11k. Something fancier but still reliable? First gen IS 300.

>an 11 thousand dollar honda

Dad never gave me a dime for a car. Now own 2 cars and soon a motorcycle. I guess you could say it's an incentive to work for your own goddamn things.

My parents loved me enough to tell me to go get a good job to pay for my overpriced joyride machine.

I'd bet that you're unemployed.

Mercedes - check
Indestructible engine - check
Indestructible transmission - check

look like a taxi - check

>looks like a taxi
The fuck are you smoking besides 100 dicks per day?

You're a homosexual.

the only people around here who drive C-class that old are taxi drivers and failed businessmen

>wanting your grades to go down in college so you can have a car by wasting time working in the local grocery store

>being so dumb you can't keep up with your grades while making money

>being in a major so easy you can take 8hrs/day away and still do the same
>only doing a single major
Must be nice to be doing political science huh?

>8hrs/day
Are you an idiot or just pretending? Get a ~10hr/week job on-campus for some extra cash for booze or gasoline or whatever. Anybody can complete a major while doing that.

Econ major with minor in German btw

You make a good point, though there are scholarships that do give me some extra cash for getting for getting involved in the labs and finding an advisor.

em2 civic (01-05) with a manual. the cleanest one you find should be less than 4k.

That's nice, and pretty much equivalent except the money goes right to your education. I have something similar for doing community service, getting high grades, and writing dissertations on economic topics.

I just think a low key campus job (like mailroom sifter or campus security) is a great way to make a little extra dough and build your resume. If your grades drop like you said, just quit.

>mechanical engineering
>45 hour/week job
Fite me

Is your job being a mechanic

Nah I work at a restaurant

What restaurant?

>implying I'm gonna dox myself
It's a local place.

Oh ok. I thought it might be a chain. I've heard restaurant work is a real bitch which is why turnover rates are so high.

Oh no it's a pretty relaxed place. The managing is solid and they allow a pretty solid level of goofing off. Our only turnover happens when people leave for college full-time

Sounds like a sweet gig. I work at a local grocery store during the summer, it's in a wealthier area and I've been taking parking lot pics of rare-ish cars from the breakroom. The most snowflake ones were a McLaren and a Maserati.

Everything breaking down all the time - Check
German reliability lies - Check

>30hr/week of classes
If I had a 45hr/week job, on top of that, I'd fall dead.

That's 13.5 hrs per day, with 8 hours of sleep, that's 2.5hrs you'd have free per day.

Fuck that.

Look, as long as you don't chimp out and try to buy some performance car, almost all options for normie cars for 11k are good. I mean, finding a good, reliable car for 2k would be a slight challenge, but I can't see how you could possibly fuck up without being absolutely retarded.

TL;DR Read the buyer's guide in the sticky, don't be retarded and you will be fine.

>last summer I clocked a 90 hour work week
Fuck that is right. Needed a modorsycle though

>like a 30 min trip to my college every day
Get a Volkswagen diesel caddy, spend a bunch of money on sound deadening and driver comfort, throw on some appearance mods if that's your style, and mount up a big ASS extended range fuel tank in the rear.

Then enjoy a small, lightweight, unique little 80s mini-truck. With the added benefit of only going to the gas station like 5 times a year because lol 6000 mile range

>11k mommy and step daddy money
Underaged fag detected

I'm 18 and going to college and my parents aren't separated

Do you know a guy with a late 90s Civic or Camry? Buy his $1000 car for $11k and have him give you back the change. Cut him in a couple of G's if you're feeling generous.

>not having to spend the entire 11k

>spent all their food stamps on booze
first of all you nigger, you can't spend food stamps on booze

and I bet you get paid pretty fucking good too
>wahhh, I have to sweat for my money! Not because I have to actually move a lot, just because I have to BE OUTSIDE!!!

I get $50 a day

>I get minimum wage
Then naybe get a better job lmao

Bullshit

My mother bought me a lincoln when I was 16

Now I'm 19, a petty officer in the navy, and I drive a Z4 M

>My mother bought me a lincoln when I was 16
How nice for you. I didn't get a car until I was 20 and it was a $1500 shitbox I bought with my own money.

how many hours a day?

Boi you sound like a hater

Nigga step up, I bought a $900 shitbox at 16 with my own money.

damn son did you walk up hill both ways?

It depends, is it cash or they will pay the car payment on a 11k car.

There is a big difference on that.

Yea in blizzards and tsunamis you big fat pussy

~5k more can get you a nice LS2 GTO. Or you could get a cheap FC Rx7 or an ok Lexus depending on what type of car you want (project, daily driver, or both?).

i bought a $500 shitbox at 9 with my own money

You are very fortunate my fellow an/o/n for getting that money from your parents. I would suggest if you rather use that money or a certain part of it as a down payment to finance from the stealership a used mustang or brz/frs or I would highly recommened as your daily a used focus/fiesta/meme st even a gti. This can get you a fun sporty vehicle for that 30 minute drive, and also make you financially responsible since you will be building your credit and that is very important in the long run of your life as a member of the cuck states of america. Also dont give in to the memes, they are all fun cars. Good luck user and I hope you make the right choice, getting a car is always fun and so is driving them.

How big and how many doors you want?
If manual or newer than 2006.
Use 2500$ in repairs at max then your solid. For a good 10 yrs. If you can wrench.

Thanks man !

Scratch the brz/frs
You cant find a maintained one more than likely for that price. Alternatively you could get a tc or celica for that price. If you really want something simple to work on and daily go with civic.

Can't they need my help at the shop, I'll feel like a dick if I do

Double digits? its 11k. Get over yourself. Just because you grew up poor and unloved doesn't mean everyone does kek.

E55

Buy a Crown Vic Police Interceptor and a mouth fedora.

yes

what's the best 5 door coupe shitbox?

Find Pablo with cash. Buy 100 dollars worth of tacos for Pablo. Pablo buys and/or gives you 50 dollars worth of booze.

>if you can wrench

kek, as if taking nuts and bolts off is that hard. I've only been wrenching for less than a year and have removed, torn down and rebuilt an engine with nothing but youtube and google for help

And that's how people get trapped in wage slave careers for their whole life.

Hint: Your boss that gives you a pat on the back and tells you how reliable you are to them doesn't give two fucks about you, and wants you to stay in your minimum wage spot under him forever.

You can get a 2013 Corolla with less than 35k miles for a little under 10k.

>Buy a nice honda, 80's-00's model
>spend maybe 5 grand and own a perfect rust free car
>spend the rest on mods
>go to meets and get tons of pussy
???
>profit?

never buy Mercedes especially for a first car
good first cars include
Honda/Acura
Toyota
Mazda

Learn to drive manual
learn to work on cars

>inb4 i cant bleh bleh bullshit
>buy tools, then yourtube

Where do you find meets?

i go to h day every year, i belong to three Honda community's you can always join a car meet group on facebook like clean culture. go to car shows. qt3.14's flock to it.

IMO with that much money best bet is get a nice car put on a ridiculously flashy wrap and youll get plenty of attention at collage and just basically everywhere. its a conversation starter for sure.

tfw car prices will never be this low in my country

Cleanest integra GSR you can find

>ITT Millennals vs Baby Boomers

Literally STFU. None cares if you were born with money or had it the worse. In the end, you're all a bunch of losers on Veeky Forums.