Redpill me on the R32. Why is it so coveted?

Redpill me on the R32. Why is it so coveted?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KtC5ILAte7M
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/cars-vans-utes/1999-nissan-stagea-wagon-rwd-rb25det-auto/1113791474
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/cars-vans-utes/skyline-r33-series-2-1997-/1119142258
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belgrave/cars-vans-utes/nissan-skyline-r33-gtst-4-door-manual/1119104514
carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1995/SSE-AD-3394955/?Cr=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Small
>Light
>Fast
>99% Bullet proof engine/drivetrain
>Amazing mechanical grip
>Huge parts market
>Looks great from every angle
>Has a magnet under the passenger seat that collects pussy

Just look at that photo, it's a great looking car that is imagined for reliable daily performance from the factory.

its mostly coveted due to racing heritage and amazing performance for the time

its nothing special now

its not light
its not 1989 anymore so it isnt even fast
gearboxes are commonly fucked
grip isnt as good as you think its easy to spin out

every girl I know thinks it looks like some generic shitbox and lets be honest the Skyline looks like that

>Why is it so coveted?
its not
youre thinking of the r34

everyone in america is just shitting themselves about it because they can get them now even though they all know deep down its just a shitty early version of the r34

It's very easy to make it go fast.

yeah its basically a Japanese Mustang

but stock its nothing great any more

What did the designers have in mind? It just being a boring, daily driver? Or was it made with speed in mind?

the GT-R was designed to race
the Skyline is a family sedan

GT-R is just like Type R

take an econobox and make it sporty

Paul Walker

When you get to the top
YOU EVER BEEN TO THE TOP?
JUST LISTEN
LISTEN TO ME
HEAR WHAT YOU'RE MISSING
SHUT UP AND LISTEN

looks great, race pedigree, loads of tuning opitons, special snowflake factor

sure, something like an e46 m3 would slaughter it around the track but it's just not the same.

Its not

Great looking.

In Clapistanian? "MAH GAWDD, A NII-SAN SKAHLINE. PAUL WALKA DROVE ONE OF THOSE. JAY DEE EMM, BRO, VAPE WITH ME."

In Australia we watched our V8 bogan chariots get torn to shreds by a Group A GT-R. Half the male Millennial population was turned into weeaboos with a love for riceburners while the remainder foam at the mouth and insist that they cheated before leaving sideways in a cloud of burning rubber smoke from their Chevy badged Commodores.

>muh gozirah
>muh fast N furious
Other than racing pedigree and pop culture not too much.
My uncle only liked his since he could turn it into a skid machine by poping a fuse.

>Amazing motorsport heritage
>Good looks
>High levels of modifications possible
>High levels of performance possible with limited modification
>popular because games and movies
>incredibly nice to drive
>fast (at the time was insane, now stock models are still pretty fast for a 28 year old non supercar)

Sink supercar money into it and it'll kill those too. The same applies to twin turbo Supras and the E36 M3.

Ricers think it's illegal in america for being 2fast
220whp and pigfat tho

IN THE BEGINNING YOU GET CRAZY, SPENDING ALL THE MONEY YOU GOT.
NO MORE WOMEN TO LOVE YOU NOW, YOU GOTTA GO AND LEAVE TOWN

>Skyline
>stock

You'll learn after having them around for a few years. That Nipponese shitbox looks pretty slow, easy to smoke in your new Camaro, right? You look again and it's gone. There is no such thing as a stock Skyline GT-R. GTS-t and GT-T go either way; there's a good chance it's just lowered and fartcanned, but it might take your skin off and blow your eardrums at the next set of lights.

This OP, blew out a bunch of V8s in an embarrassing and memorable way.
Now the r34s are just kind of hard to get and have some mystique.

It's a perfect storm.
>actually a decent performing car, especially for its time
>performed well in professional racing
>god-tier 90's japanese reliability
>overhyped by media like F&F, Initial D, and Gran Turismo
>forbidden fruit to the US market since the late 90's when said media put them in the public eye
>any that slipped through before they were legal were seized and crushed, angering people that wanted one but couldn't have one because of muh protectionist anti-import laws

It's overrated.

How can anyone like something that has rotors too small to stop a car so heavy?

They did better with the R33, but for some reason, they made it as big as a Honda Accord, but they finally did it correctly when they made the R34.

Cause it was banned in the US a while ago and forums like this have memed the hell out of it.

This isn't a forum; we don't have registered names.

>Small
>Light

Compared to what, modern cars?

>every girl I know thinks it looks like some generic shitbox

You can say the same thing about Evos and STis, because they are just souped up shitboxes.

R34 did literally nothing better than the previous ones.

>Redpill
Stop this shit faggot.

forum - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

yep

Don't girls say that about the Evo and STi too? And don't they also bitch about WRX owners being manchildren or fuckboys?

Girls are stupid, user. Just follow your boyracer dreams.

Subaru owners are either lesbos, or vapefags tho.

It looked better, like a more pissed off R33. The 25GT-T sedans also look great in black; distinctly a Skyline but also more imposing than the coupè in black.

Pretty sure its only popular in the US now because its the only Skyline old enough to import. I'm sure once more are imported and the R33 and 34 are eligible it will be forgotten again. Personally, it's my favorite gen because of the aesthetics and its the lightest.

Veeky Forums is an image board tho

>overhyped
>"bullet-proof RB26" but not really, especially pre-93 ones
>worst looking of the 3
>"muh racing pedigree"
>"muh Gran Turismo pedigree"
>disgustingly weak 5 speed that most replace with the EXPENSIVE Getrag from a R34
>not aerodynamic
>"light"

I don't know, honestly. The R33 is better in a lot of ways.

It's even easier to make anything with a SBC go fast

its the dei apparatus

>a lot of ways

more like all ways

It's tastefully heavy.

>god-tier 90's japanese reliability

didn't the oil pump routinely shit itself? or was that the r34?

Why is anyone claiming it's not a quick car anymore? The vspecII did a high 12 stock and that's still a respectable number.

The R32 is just a more fun car, the ATTESA map has a very sharp crest towards a 5-95 torque split so it can do some fairly dramatic drifts.

As far as performance and literally everything else? The R33 is the way to go. The R34 is better but not by much and certainly not worth the insane prices that they're going for now.

The oil pump on the early R32s was shit. It was slightly better on the late R32 and beyond but it was still weak. Tomei's spline drive oil pump or a dry sump system is needed to actually ensure reliability if you're actually pushing the car on the track.

>every girl I know thinks it looks like some generic shitbox and lets be honest the Skyline looks like that

Why do you even care? A girl is not going to fuck you because of the car you drive.

Small
Light

Different user here. I agree, the only exception to that being any brand new Ferrari or Lambo.

It's also incredibly easy to mod the R32 to be solely RWD and it can be done with a switch in the cockpit.

I mean the car is 100% RWD until it detects a slip of traction and then you get the torque vector.

In the flesh they're small and they're light for what they are.

You don't even need a switch. You can disable the fwd from the drivers seat with no modifications to the car and without removing any parts.

I would argue that you don't want to do this just because ATTESA is really only a good thing on the R32, you can see how it works here: youtube.com/watch?v=KtC5ILAte7M

Disabling atessa has legitimate uses like staging, doughies, etc.

Or a Mustang.

I hate saying that, but girls really do like Mustangs. Doesn't matter if it's a V6 or a GT, they don't fucking know, they just know it's a stupid Mustang.

>tfw will never own a GT350

>what car do you drive user?
>a-a nissan
But yeah, it's a pretty good car.
I'd rather a R32 than a R34.

Veeky Forums is completely delusional about what constitutes "fast"

Where's ur image then
Checkm8

It is just so simple and good looking + its:

>fr
>5 seats
>inline 6

I think it looks so much better than the 33 and 34

Unless it's a shitty new Mustang. The only people who buy these are Arab guys who either deal drugs or work in a call centre and took out a bank loan.

>Small
no
>Light
NO

the gts is 1400-1500 and the gtr is 1550kg dry+
>Fast
with 5k+ of mods stock they are pretty slow these days
>99% Bullet proof engine/drivetrain
Engine yes, diffs yes, Gearbox in the 5sp manual FUCK NO, Autos are actually more durable
>Amazing mechanical grip
HICAS feels weird as fuck so ???
>Huge parts market
Lol okay sure you also pay out the ass for the most basic shit and there is alot of wank involved as well as waiting on shit from japan
>Looks great from every angle
r32-33 yes i dont like the r34 at all though i much prefer the r31 but they are all ruined
>Has a magnet under the passenger seat that collects pussy
NOPE

pic related its you

how can one post be so fucking wrong

let me guess you've never owned one?

>not overnighting parts from Japan

lol gen y here fucking this

ive actually owned both and i can say the v8 dunnydoor shits over the neesan 9/10 except for raw grip and road feel but thats it

Stock they are both doughy and slow but respond to basic mods well

the r3x has the disadvantage of not being built here and on top of that being expensive, rare and desirable and also riced to fuck so good luck finding a stock one

meanwhile a clean v8 vt-vx goes for 3-5grand with relatively low k's and is much cheaper to mod

That said if i still had my r33gtst id drive both but in another life maybe

Nothing beats v8 raw n/a low down torque - high rev not even a boosted to fuck monster

im not a fucking weeb but yeah ive had to for cressida's and shit

>order part from egay or dealer
>????
>3 weeks later
fap

It's AWD.

some nutters run them rwd only or call their gtst a 'gtr' even go so far as to rebadge it but yeah.

also these understeer ALOT, the rwd actually handles way better and its 100kilos lighter

>muh 2 door
if i could do it all over again i'd get something stealth like this, replace the turbos with a big single and go to town on the boost

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/cars-vans-utes/1999-nissan-stagea-wagon-rwd-rb25det-auto/1113791474

BUT Veeky Forums is full of faggots who bandwagon behind the popular cars so

oh also these cars age like crap the interiors usually fall apart and they all have really high miles.

only saving grace is that alot are grey imports or get snuck in and converted well

kek people are basically giving these away
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/cars-vans-utes/skyline-r33-series-2-1997-/1119142258
the manuals go for about 8-12k+ still its stupid

op never said gtr

I always thought overnighting parts from Japan would only take a night.

>tfw been living a lie

>yanks will never get these
4dr skylines are rare as fuck especially the manuals

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belgrave/cars-vans-utes/nissan-skyline-r33-gtst-4-door-manual/1119104514
kek i wish ausfag here so obviously its alot quicker for us but yeah overnight never means overnight its just a term innit

customs here slows everything to a crawl to a point where its quicker to order something from the states or eu than china or some shit because of the chinese been dodgy cunts

the price of gtr's are crashing here there is so many nz has the same problem so if any of yous are umming about getting one DO IT NOW because the v specs are already going up this is the cheapest one i can find btw

carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1995/SSE-AD-3394955/?Cr=0

BACK ON THE ROCKS BACK ON THE ROCKS
BABY
YOU GOTTA KEEP YOUR MIND TOGETHER

I'd rather have a Silvia or 180sx

any car that needs mods to be good is trash

what does that have to do with anything?

any car from 1989 needs mods to be good

sure..

why do people swap the rb26 for rb30's

whatev you say m8

>modded Porsche
nice bait

:^)

sicc börn

r32>r34>r35>r31>r33

The fact that commodores can be had for next to nothing and very easily means that they are the best budget performance sedan in terms of sheer power and daily comfort. e36 and e46's are nice, but to get the sane power and comfort means you'll be paying more in purchase and maintenance, and will not attract bogan chicks.

Have you even driven any of the cars listed?

>the gts is 1400-1500 and the gtr is 1550kg dry+
1989 GTR were 1430kg, N1 R32 GTR were 1400kg, lightest N1 R34 were 1540kg and the heaviest M spec 1580kg

>no
Says the faggot who's never seen one.
>NO
YES. They're under 1500kg with a twin turbo I6 and full time AWD system with a center diff, while being a 2+2.
>the gts is 1400-1500 and the gtr is 1550kg dry+
Factually untrue even for fucking R34s.
>with 5k+ of mods stock they are pretty slow these days
And more talking out the ass.
320-340hp,

my bad i was talking about the r33/34
>300hp
>fast
>awd
>current year xxxx
kek

>Bitches see a sports car and think = $$$.
yeah, but not a boring looking one. the flashiest the better
also only the wrong kind of women are attracted to expensive cars (gold diggers)

Congrats faggot, you just called the WRX STI, Evo X, Golf R, and after $2k, Audi TT RS, Focus RS, AMG A45 slow.

BUT they are slow

why do you think people mod the shit out of them? Now shut the fuck up

>fast
id say high 12s STOCK on shitty 90s rubber is fast, user

i dunno why Veeky Forums faps over these cars

yes 20 years ago they where mindblowing supercars

now they barely keep up with a 40k hot hatch.

Cool

But those cars are slow.

Spoken like true civic drivers.

t. buttmad tuner

Post your faster car then.

Hey man, it's alright. Not everyone can go faster than 15s, you know? Don't need to be mad at GTRs.

Millennials will never know that feel when the worlds most popular motorsports still used pretty much the same car you could buy at the local dealership, it was an incredible connection. If manufacturers wanted to use it on the track they needed to sell it in the showrooms.

The r32 gt-r was the final result of that international touring car arms race. It was extremely generously equipped for a road car at the time, practically a detuned racer and went on with only minimal refinements in the r33 and r34 generations.

It was dubbed godzilla by the western media because it came from japan and destroyed everything in group A.