What shift knob do you have in your car? Do you love it/hate it?

What shift knob do you have in your car? Do you love it/hate it?

What would you recommend to other anons?

I am thinking about getting a Team Voodoo knob but I don't know if I'm crazy about the ball style. Help.

>changing a shift knob
r u redneck ricer m8?

I got a boomba weighted knob for my FiST, feels much better than the stock one, and the extra weight makes shifting more smooth.

Big Type R knob, awesome weight for awesome shifts. Unfortunately gets hot as fuck during the summer.

At leas you know it's made from real metal and not cheap chrome plastic

This is true.

Standard OEM. I don't love or hate it. I can't really recommend it to other anons because the pattern is incredibly unique. I don't know of a single other model with the same pattern.

>7 speed manual
hold the phone, what car?

2013 Porsche 911

Don't get too excited, 7th is just for fuel economy/maximum comfy. Top speed is reached in 6th.

New Corvette also has a 7 speed manual, but a very different shift pattern.

B R E A D O N C A R

Not the first person to ask, and thank you, one of the nicest compliments one can receive on Veeky Forums.

I like it.

Not him but that's always swayed me against buying a 911/C7 when I scrap the cash together, that seems like it's get obnoxious fast.

cover the shift knob with a sock when it's hot out.

It's not bad, I just skip 6th if I'm cruising. Porsche puts a lockout for 7th from everything but 5th and 6th, so I assume I'm doing no damage to the transmission by doing so. With that its just a regular old 6 speed.

Eh, I drive both a 5MT and 6MT and prefer the former. I don't even know why 5th exists in the latter besides not having to drop down two gears to pass on highways.

I have an OEM M5 shift knob in my E39, the knob is from a newer generation though. Previous owner put it in. I like leather though, and I like that its newer since the knobs of the E39 generation are usually really worn.

mine is a piece of shit that is loose and fucking rattles because the previous owner is a piece of shit.

99 ford ranger 2.5L

Go ahead and crucify me Veeky Forums but I fucking love this thing. TWM Performance 7in Competition Knob, thing feels so damn good and shifting is so, so easy. It's insane but it's comfy and fun as fuck.

>shifting

yeah...like that's all you use it for

07 GLI btw.

Ahh dammit man you caught me. Knew I couldn't fool you guys. Back to the drawing board.

In my truck I have the OEM one which is a plastic bat top that screws on. It's fine. I have a bad habit of turning it idly but I'd have to spin it like five rotations for it too come off.

My fox came with this huge Hurst bar on the shifter that I hated and replaced with a period correct steel ball that gets crazy cold in the winter and takes forever to warm up. It also is held on by a retaining screw so if I turn it it tries to come off but I wrapped a few layers of gorilla tape around the threads the last time I had to put it back on then drove the retaining screw through them so now it stays on and I just have to tighten it up later which is a minor annoyance to break me of that habit rather than dangerous like the knob coming off

Bottom line is I definitely hate bar shifters.

>cinnamon raisin

fuck, you seem like a person who truly enjoys the finer things in life. good for you man

I use a flossy Shift Rod, but I hear good things about lathewerks as well.

A stock one

Who gives le shit, its a fucking knob, you knob.

Stock 350z knob, not a fan. Any suggestions?

>le

mcfucking kill yourself.

Hah, thank you based user.

Pretty plain and basic, it's comfy. Works fine for me.

your brain doesn't work fine for you

stock knob
too afraid to change it in fear of not liking the new one. want to put a short throw in it though

But what if you dont like it either?

Faggy katana handle shift handle.

I always use 5th while cruising at ~55 mph on higher speed limit streets

stock na miata knob, it's a good size to comfortably grab or push/pull, zero complaints wouldn't even fathom replacing it

SHINY AND CHROME

Short throw is based.

Stock

It's plastic, but has a hefty weighted center so you can shift just by giving it a good knock in the right direction

Does it come with vibrating setting?

>Be him
>Finally get a GF
>"Wow user your car is so cool can you take me to the mall today"
>"o-okay"
>decide to be dagumi
>shifting like a mad man, heel-toeing for every corner
>accidentally hit the secret button
>it starts vibrating
>"user i think you broke it"
>blushing too hard to speak
>"...user?"

Ahhh yes...so true, so true

>SHINY AND GAY

Fixed it for you user.

I've been looking at shift knobs recently, but all of the decent looking examples with any weight to them also cost $90-$100. I'm thinking about just machining one myself, I just need to find the thread pitch of my shifter.

What to replace the stock NA Miata shifter with? How do you pick a shifter?

No gay suggestions please.

Dildo shifter

badass

my buddy has this in his sc300 and I love shifting with it, feels like a vidya game joystick. that car is a pleasure to drive.

I just have a stock mazda3 shifter. not at all cool.

Bruh...that steering wheel wrap is fucking hideous. Just why?

Been debating if I should get rid of it or not, its barely crooked and not perfectly centered and makes my OCD irrationally angry. I've enjoyed it so far and it feels good, but the fact that I put it on about a cm off from center drives me up a wall.

IS THAT A FUCKING MAGLITE?

A+ photography

Yep, my emergency "beat a mother fucker" stick, even got a quick detach and all.

Thanks.

stock shift knob on my ST. i don't like the way it is shaped. only really feels good in like one direction. I kind of want to get a heavier one that is just a sphere shape. although I've read too much weight can be bad