These are fucking ugly and make the blind cry

Are they THAT much better on gas than the old Econolines? 170 HP to haul over 2 tons of shit?

Non Ecoboost cars are shit.

They're an imitation of Mercedes Sprinter bands and they're pretty awesome. Vans have always been ugly that's why people put murals on them.

Aren't the new econolines FWD? The old ones were fun as hell

I think the modern work vans look cool. Sprinters, Transits, Nissan NV, etc.

They look like how future cars from cartoons used to look.

Our old econoline got 8 MPG. Not joking.
Our new van will get into the upper 20's depending on how it's loaded.

>Mercedes Sprinter

I have been wanting one of these service vans for my job. But I'm still low man on the totem pole so I only get hand-me-downs. I understand why but I'm tired of my bare bones chevy express.

I'm actually thinking of buying a Transit and converting it into a small home for when I eventually plan to just travel the US for a couple years.

Honestly, they don't look that bad. The interior is great, the ride is soft, and there is plenty of room on the inside.

What, and you think a barebones sprinter will be any better?

Roughly 20 times better than the Econoline.

I was looking at a Transit Connect for that sort of thing back when I was a ski bum. I think they were just a bit too short thought.

The interiors on the Econolines, even after the facelift, was pretty much the worst, and fuel economy on them was terrible. However, the drivetrain and the engine were both pretty solid. On the whole, I like them a lot, they're just a vehicle that's about twenty years obsolete.
t. conversion van daily driver

They're the fords and they come with a lot of bells and whistles. We changed our fleet management.

And I didn't mean to put in the sprinter, I don't know what happened but I copied and pasted it because I wanted to see what a sprinter looked like. I was talking about the new fords in actuality.

The transit connect minivan is fwd. The full size transit is rwd.

>retards who think "2 tones worth of shit" warrants 200+ hp

Pretty much this.

However, there is a demand for conversion vans in my area as a van in good shape doesn't stay on the market for long.
>Mine was listed the day before I bought it. There where eight other people in line for it as well.

>T. Another conversion van owner.

170 hp? Not in these united states. Lowest here is 185hp/ 350 ft/lbs.

Even so, its a diesel so its got 300 ft/lbs so I wouldnt doubt it could do some work, Around the same as my 5.0 explorer.

>They're an imitation of Mercedes Sprinter
No they're not. Its the other way round.

yeah it is Ford ripped it off. Mercedes makes more commercial vans than Ford anyway so it's cute

>Sprinter 1995-
>Transit 1965-

Sh. Don't let facts ruin this poor eurocuck's brain. They can't handle reality.

Thats true, but Mercedes had other vans before the Sprinter.
The Transit was the first modern van though and every van since has "copied" it.

When the Transit came out in 1965 it BTFO all other vans because it was much wider, and had a conventional mounted engine that sat outside the cabin.
It was designed to do the same job as a light truck like carry a sheet of 8'x4' ply or up to three shipping pallets in between the wheel wells - something which no other van could do.
Especially shit vans like VW Transporters. Fuck you VW.

In 1965 Mercedes had the L 319. It was the usual forward control toaster shaped euro van configuration like the Commer, VW Type 2, or German Ford Thames. But most L 319 were buses, and the panel version was quite rare and it wasn't wide enough to fit a pallet and it was old as fuck.

In 1967 Mercedes introduced the L 406 and L408. It was as big as the Transit, and had dual wheels at the rear just like the Transit.
It was still a semi-cabover at this point but thats not really that big of a problem.
The Transit was still more popular though, even in Germany.

The Mercedes TN was introduced in 1977. The same year that Ford facelifted the Mk1 to make the Mk2 Transit.

>Sh. Don't let facts ruin this poor eurocuck's brain. They can't handle reality.

You have it the other way round, friend.

Both the Transit and Sprinter are 100% European designs.

That user is obviously an American who believes that the Sprinter is a Dodge design, and that the Transit is only a few years old.

American shills are fucking stupid though, all they really know is that Saatchi is tossing shekels at them to pull scripts from a binder so that they can make points they never had.