Spend days contemplating on human existence and the mysteries of the universe on my way to sagehood

>spend days contemplating on human existence and the mysteries of the universe on my way to sagehood
>best friend deepest thoughts is how feminists are ruining his video games
how does one deal with this? I share thoughts with him but he always diverges

>Veeky Forums and /v/: the friends

>spend days contemplating on human existence and the mysteries of the universe
What's the point? You gain nothing from it.

One who contemplates the universe must expect nobody to understand him.

Cut him off and ascend.

>spend days contemplating on human existence and the mysteries of the universe on my way to sagehood
>best friend deepest thoughts is how feminists are ruining his video games

Both of these things are ultimately wastes of time, but your friend at least has the good sense to be thinking about the things that will at least theoretically directly impact him in some way.

You don't OP, plebs gon pleb

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha, no

Talk to people online on some obscure forum that's not Veeky Forums.

Why didn't the Targaryen guards just give him back his sister? Robert Baratheon put Rhaegar beneath the ground, Jamie Lannister killed the mad King, Tywin sacked the capital, and the mountain already killed a bunch of "dragon spawn"? The war was over…

>feminismnin vidya is objectively preferable to acquiring knowledge of yourself and the universe

lmao

I'm guessing you haven't read the Apology yet

They didn't know that. And why would they just the words of their enemy? For all they know he was lying so he could get his sister.

Is this kino?

I said it. Sagehood
you dont belong here
please dont start it. I just found the "nor nao it enze" funny and immediately dropped the series

comic of this when?

the best kind of kino, asskino

>Sagehood
lmao does that get you pussi? I thought not

>be Hispanic
>consider myself "smarter" than my cousins
>they don't read or anything or care about anything other than drinking and drugs
>talking about what I'm going to major in(geology)
>dude you want to study fucking rocks lmao
>explain to them how it's fascinating how the earth was formed bla bla bla
>dude you talk like ur fucking white lmao
Life is suffering

Actually the correct answer was: "they needed a fight scene"

This is the only logical answer for a show that has long since sacrificed things such as plot and character development, in order to focus solely on action, spectacle, and shock value.

I'm right though, "contemplating the mysteries of human existence and the mysteries of the universe" is both navel gazing and not actually worth wasting time on. Pretending that your "on my way to sagehood" is the height of pretentious stupidity.

>>feminists ruining mah videogames
This by contrast is based on a misunderstanding of marketing tactics and corporate strategy but is ultimately a worthwhile concern if you care about having access to entertainment that suits your own particular preferences.

Jesus christ they're not rocks, they're minerals marie

I hope you realize they fought in the books. And of course they're going to show action in a show. Not only that, but that fight scene was justified as it doesn't conflict with what happened in the books (minus le ebin 2 swords and the dialogue).

It has direct and measurable effects on your outlook and behavior. You're arguing with a strawman.

>>It has direct and measurable effects on your outlook and behavior.
Yes, it makes you into a boring faggot who starts whiny threads like this on here.

Books?

Go think hard about feminism in muh vidya some more faggot

Just tell them they're dumb little cholos and cholitas and will amount to nothing more than manual laborers and breeding machines

Basically assert your intellectual superiority and remind them they'll be scraping by why you pull in mad dosh

I don't do this though, if anything I ponder why so many companies seem to think that appealing to legbeards will actually work out while pissing off their formerly loyal customers.

Feminism itself means nothing to me.

what about a comic of Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and /k/?

OP here. He's struggling with >tfw no gf to feel a void and I'm explaining to him that there shouldn't be a void to fill in the first place. How can I make him my pupil, Veeky Forums?

Kidnap him, tie him up in your basement, make him become your qt bf and apprentice. Done.

>feel
fill*, fuck

Just tell him to find a way to make himself happy and that a girlfriend is secondary. Based on your original post, I wouldn't want to be your pupil, so I wouldn't want to subject him to your shit either

(OP)
videogames have a huge impact in our society, same as tv and films
feminism has a huge impact on the media
the leftist are controlling the media
videogames are just an instrument of the social engineering that is going on.
>doesn't care about the above yet he claims that he is interested in history and humanities

explain yourself

>the leftist are controlling the media
No

what do you mean? what's wrong with what I said? and I will not tell that as it will imply that he should look for something to fill the void, and that a girlfriend just isnt it. He will think a career will make him happy, or other people, or traveling.
those are just coping mechanism and distractions of the real existential concerns about life, that people create because they cant deal with the truth

If you never realized Game of Thrones is based on a series of novels by George R.R. Martin, then you need to hang yourself. It even fucking says it in the opening credits.

Kek what? I'm not even right wing and I know most media is far left leaning

>most media is far left leaning
This is a totally different claim than "the media is controlled by leftists," and even so this is quantifiable so if you want to argue this point the burden is on you to prove that more media is "left leaning" than "right leaning." Otherwise it's just an empty conjecture.

Second, to say that "the media is controlled by leftists" is patently false. Media is like any other industry, it's not controlled by the government or anything, there are media organizations that are equally prominent that have opposing biases.

I'm not the guy who claimed "controlling". However, there is not much of a difference in the final product of controlled by left wingers and being left leaning. Still results in skewed, SJW crap being spewed on most tv channels.

>most tv channels.
Most tv channels =/= most media. Those old dinosaur TV news broadcasters are only catering to this lefty stuff in a desperate attempt to remain relevant with young people. That's the difference. Being controlled by left wingers is like HuffPo or whatever, whereas something like CNN appears "left leaning" because they're catering to an emerging market. Crucially, leftist-owned media will usually collapse out of mismanagement, and leftist-catering media will eventually cater to something else. So the problem solves itself.

Fair points

Oh wow, you totally showed your retardation here, errr... i mean "power level".

Your power level i too high for Veeky Forums oh Aryan knight, thy place is with thy powerful white brethren yonder at

> I don't do this, if anything I do exactly this

mate wtf

>huffpo
>left wing

I'm sick and tired of people using 'leftist' to describe these fucking limp-wristed identity politics obsessed fucking liberals

Liberal =/= leftist

Cry more, you imbecile. OP's post is top-tier pretentious assholery.

If you were in the way to sagehood, you wouldn't care about this.

That said, feminism is having a negative impact in videogames and other cultural products.

>pretentious assholery

type of nigga to groan about a movie being "slow". go back to /v/ you fucking child

Except no, I know precisely why feminism has so much influence in the videogame industry, because the suits think it will make them money. The suits in question are wrong about this, but the question that I have is why they think that legbeards will buy their products once their core audience is pissed off enough to either engage in mass-scale piracy again or look for other alternatives to current products.

No and fuck you, I am going nowhere. I like /history/, /humanities/ needs to take a long walk off a short cliff.

Any particular branch you are interested in?

You're still doing it. I don't know if you are trolling or not.

Regardless of your stance in the topic, you are preoccupyung yourself with it.

I think some of them are true believers.

sorry you're a mental midget

1. pump and dump your "friend"
2. Stop "contemplating" existence
3. Do whatever intuitively strikes yo, as long as you have the power to assert your ownership over the material

>>mental midget
Yeah right, nice buzzwords fagboy. A real "sage" would have known better then to create a thread this fucking dumb in the first place.

>I like /history/, /humanities/
>shit talks philosophy
I bet you call pessimism "edgy"
I'm looking for sagehood, not be a beast

>black
>everything I say, do, think, and feel is "white" apparently
>use any word longer than 2 syllables and everyone starts hooting

And they wonder why the only other blacks I associate with are stuckup africans

They swore a vow.

Fuck off and stop trying to teach other people. You arrogant brat. Who are you to say your insipid pretentious pseudo intellectual philosophy is more important than real life shit people deal with. Learn how to listen to other people and accept their philosophies and ethics at face value. I mean I guess I don't really care what you do but I feel sorry for your friend

What the fuck are you talking about? Words change meaning through use and consensus

And if someone calls huffpo 'liberal', some other pedantic autist will say "b-but liberal m-means limited government originally"

Race is a state of mind. To me you are my equal, no matter the color of your skin, as long as you employ proper grammar. Writing skills are the backbone of istruction, by which everything (forma mentis in primis) follows.

Why does everything we do have to have a distinct purpose, in this case, personal advancement? Does intellectual stimulation and enjoyment mean nothing? I like thinking about abstract concepts because it's satisfying, what's wrong with that?

nothing, but from the way you talk about it, it seems you're using this as an excuse to feel superior to your friend, which is pretty fucking gay.

I'm not OP.

oh, okay

my point still stands though, a lot of people seem to enjoy the perceived feeling of intellectual superiority rather than any actual philoshophical thought itself when they label themselves as "abstract thinkers" or "philosophers".

>getting so butthurt you start crying about your imaginary internet enemies

>race is a state of mind
>anthropologists can successfull tell the race of skeletons with perfect accuracy by discerning their state of mind

This is true. This is why most "thinkers" on Veeky Forums are shallow.

Differing user here.
I just like talking about things besides "LOL THAT NEW MOVIE IS SO FUNNY XDD"

>I bet you call pessimism "edgy"
Yes I do, because it is. Stop being a fucking faggot and take a walk outside or some shit you little faggot.

A few maybe, but that alone can't explain this silliness.

good for you, nothing wrong with that.

just don't pretend you're somehow special for doing so though.

>don't act like you're special
I'm not. I'm just a dude.

get new friends?

do you have such comic