/twg/ - Total War General

Attila edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/
The Grim and the Grave DLC Trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/382910/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is now September. With the end of the summer months, The sallow season begins. Ros-fothar in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of waning. The Consort-King Orion weakens and rages against his fate, destined to be immolated on the pyre in the coming months. The forest undergoes a change of color from the vibrant hues of summer to more subdued and mottled shades of Autumn.

But if it is a time of waning, so too is it a time of harvest. The bounty of the forest hangs ripely, to be plucked effortlesly by the merry wanderers of its vales and meadows. How fitting, then, that in this, the first month of the season of harvest, the Wood Elves will make a bounteous gift of themselves, the latest and greatest of the factions to be released in Total War: Warhammer.

Wood Elves soon.

>Beastmen

Discuss

>no /twg/ for 40 min

>dead general

Ungor raider seem quite strong. 160 skirmishers in one unit is pretty fucking devestating.

We need a proper system for making a new one. I would have made one but I passed out from hyperventilation while we were dead.

Which province in the empire should i play /twg/?

I want to bang those sisters

Minotaurs are the strongest unit in the game

Don't they lose to Blood Knights? I seem to remember GW minotaurs are about equal to Halberd demis.

The black-haired one is a ladylike waifu who says "Ara Ara!" and drinks tea slowly.

The white haired one is a lewd and indecent woman who shocks the sensibilities of those around her.

Constant Drachenfels legendary lord when?

>you will never ride with attila and his million warriors
>you will never bring the end of days
>you will never be the scourge of rome
>you will never watch their world burn
why even live?

wew it was time someone made a new thread, I was starting to tear up

>You will never lose to last Roman Flavius Aetius

>why even live?
To browse dank memes

Worst elves soon.

In the lore who is the most powerful between welfs, delfs and helfs?

That is accurate description of Naestra and Arahan.

WOOD ELVES ARE OUT

store.steampowered.com/app/382910/

>gw replaced drachenfels with nagash as the supreme undead lord because reasons

Why is literally every roman "the last roman"

>No female wardancers when fisr game had them.
I think Space Hulk is going to be trashy as well.

>store.steampowered.com/app/382910/

>mixed reviews

Confirmed

Only last badass general of Western Empire should be.

>there will never be a movie call The last roman staring Tom Cruise and Titus Pullo having a bromance while getting mowed down by hunnic horse archers

Lore of metal and heaven need some buffs.

The 2nd expansion will move the game into the End Times.

Quite a lot of magic needs buffs (and maybe a reworking of the way magic works in general but that's another topic)

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Heavens at leaststands a chance of getting a buff when Bretonnians are released.

The High Elves are almost certainly the most powerful, because they have global commitments and a far-flung system of outposts and struggle against Chaos but still manage to repel the Dark Elves, for whom crushing the High Elves is foreign policy #1.

Wood Elves aren't as populous as Naggaroth or Ulthuan, but their population is also the only one not shrinking. They don't really do power projection, so it's hard to say how powerful they are, except that nobody can pry them out of their NEET paradise.

The 2nd expansion will move me into my grave

Will never happen until they fix/replace the underlying magic system.

Tonight is crucial

Probs helfs.
Delfs give 'em hell tho.

>mfw Malekith has gotten more elves killed than all demon/chaos invasions combined
I wonder what Aenarion would think.

None of them
Khazukan Kazakit-ha

But they showed that they can do something by nerfing the spells that were way too powerful (devolve). Other lores like the Orc ones are perfectly fine as well.

It's a sign of prestige so people have looked for it throughout the centuries

Fuck there are people that weren't even roman that got called last roman

Vs large they suck and bloodknights at full charge are probably more devastating, but as far as winning battles dropping two units into a full line of infantry, they utterly devastate the entire enemy player or computers main line, and break through to skirmishers 75% of the time. Dragon ogres dont have nearly the charge penetration or splash damage.

Some spells are easy to adjust, but all AoE explosion spells with knockback are fundamentally fucked. It's really easy to see if you take a look at how they're implemented in the DB.

The only ones I can think of are Cato the Elder, Stilicho, and Belisarius

>not using trollhammer torpedoes
>nice b8 m8

>Stilicho
>Roman

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At that point the Romans werent even Romans.

>half roman,half vandal
>served rome till death
and he would of saved her too if it wasn't for that meddling little shit

minotaurs with great weapons are also vs large lad

I still wouldnt waste them vs dragon ogres, armored trolls, arachnaroks, giants, chaos spawn, steam tank as long as there were skirmishers and any infantry units.

Let the big ones succumb to losses

>For the Lord, our Savior!

Nordland

(You)

Is it possible somehow to decrease the immigrant population of my settlements? Shit is causing me some serious public order problems.

What mod do you use

OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL 2016 TOP 10 WARHAMMER RACE POWER RANKINGS

1. The Empire
2. Amazonians
3. Dragons
4. Chinese
5. Khorne
7. Shitposting
T8. Jabberslythe
T8. Charlemagne
9. Savage Orcs
10. G O B L I N S

Tax the shit out of them.

Its easy, all you have to do is
Play as the Romans you fucking barbarian

Wissenland is super comfy.

Until the mountain faggots just randomly declare war on you.

DO YOU ENJOY UNCONQUERED SEX?

YES, I LOVE UNCONQUERED WESSEX.

Just the basic empire faction unlocker

build a wall

>HEAVEN CAN WAIT!

stop all the sacking, razing and raiding in the nearby provinces, it greatly boosts immigration

also build some taverns

Why aren't all of the Imperial Provinces visible on the campaign map when you start an Empire campaign?

Is Hochland top secret inna woods or something?

I wonder how taverns help with immigration unrest. Do they work like old timey job centers just like dnd told me?

maybe the idea is that people socialize and get drunk there, and drunk people just dont give a shit?

>ancient empires still not released

14 days

>wood elves still not released

>still manage to repel the Dark Elves

What do you expect from GW? For them to take over Ulthuan? Of course they are doomed to fail.

Praise Gav "We make up the number of elves to suit the story" Thorpe, the colossal cock gobbler.

In my experience a significant amount of drunk people cause way more trouble than when sober. More than enough to make up for the mellow and sad drunks causing less trouble.

I want the DarthMod dude to release info on his new project. Gettysburg UG with a strategy map would be sick.

deep thinking goblin

>We make up the number of elves to suit the story

They do this in 40K too, especially when they want to be all ~grimdark~.

>A-AND THEN UMMM KILLA SMASHDICK DA BIG WAAAGH BOSS FARTED A-A-AND KILLED A MILLION TRILLION BILLION GUARDSMEN
>[SMASHES TOYS TOGETHER AND MAKES EXPLOSION SOUNDS]
>Excellent work Matt, this will be our best selling book from the Black Library yet!

Apparently Dwarfs and Elves don't fuck or lay eggs or whatever so they're races are ~dwindling~ but not dwindling enough that they don't die by the tens of thousand in battles. I swear it's the most contrived element in the whole of WHFB.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

It would be cool, but he should make elevation info easier to see. It was really annoying to set up cannons in what looked like a good position, only to find out it was slightly off and completely ineffective.

High Elves are supposed to be Victorian Britain, Bretonnia is Norman Britain, Albion is pre-Roman Britain

Why are there so many Britains in Warhammer?

This was also in Starcraft

I remember being 12 or something and reading the manual which went "AND 70% OF AIUR'S POPULATION WAS WIPED OUT BY THE ZERG"

The Protoss are dying out and their homeworld is ruined, but somehow there are always more of them

Because GW is english.

>contrived

No shit the whole setting is filled with contrivances and stupid bullshit. It's why I was excited for the End Times and ultimately, massively let down by said End Times because like an idiot I trusted GW to not fuck something up.

GW is a UK company and WHFB was first made back in the 80's, so small things like the world being literally Earth with a few continents moved around a bit wasn't that big a deal.

Dwindling is a relative term

If there are 50 million elves in the warhammer world but there used to be 150 million during the height of the elven empire then they have definitely dwindled

Atilla charges still suck dragon orge dick?

Russia

It was "literally earth" because Tolkein did it too.

>both 40k and Fantasy mainly focus on how everything has gone to shit and there's no hope for the future

The writers at GW just opened their eyes and saw what was happening to England. It was a good inspiration.

>Warhammer
>Starcraft

Poorly written backstory created as an after thoughts around game mechanics are bad? Wow who would have thought. But then again I guess it be hard to make something interesting around:

>war/genocide kills fuckton of [race]
>book/game/movie has to wait 1 to 3 generations for the population to recover
>by then old wounds have healed and former enemies are now friends
>roll credits

Soon.

i hope the darthmod guy makes a game about spanish civil war someday
either the first or the second
the second was probably the biggest interwar war in Europe and if the fascist didnt win the start of WW2 might have been delayed a few years

It's called Kislev and they ride bears

>muh charges
please kill yourself

Oiling the chains, mass producing ropes and erotic herbs. As the beast are ready for Elven humiliation.

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Cavalry Charges"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>"""""""bears"""""""

What are the odds of the next historic TW title having a full world map?

Exactly tree fiddy

>total war
>not European Map Painting Simulator

lol have fun fighting over Europe for the 8th time