>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Git gud:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

motorcycle-superstore.com/57038/i/alpinestars-viper-air-jacket
motorcycle-superstore.com/65206/i/alpinestars-t-gp-plus-r-air-jacket
cycleworld.com/2015/11/02/ktm-rc16-motogp-race-bike-on-the-grid-in-2017-first-look-review/
interphonewireless.com/interphone-pro-case-and-handlebar-mount-for-iphone-6-plus/
interphonewireless.com/mounting-bracket-for-non-tubular-handlebars-ssc/
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5685248334.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yDOhv0dsE_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=L_dDXk2Qqdw
youtu.be/kxACViueNI4?t=80
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

which one?

>tfw no twins to molest

the nose is really flat. Looks like it was inspired by their rally bikes.

plain black, come on now

Muh rikka

it's literally a knockoff honda with a steel frame

That one

does having a windshield make much of a difference on a bike like a nighthawk

I'm a piece of shit and didn't take care of my baiku, literally no maintenance except for a tire change and superficial replacement parts, like aftermarket indicators.

How do I make amends? Where do I start?

Forgot to add, I've had her for 2 years. Didn't ride much this year because busy.

the forbidden fruit really tastes better by those who haven't tasted it than those who actually have.

full fluid change, chain inspection, valve adjustment.

A* has multiple textile jackets under $250. But really Icon isn't that bad, just kinda edgy.

motorcycle-superstore.com/57038/i/alpinestars-viper-air-jacket

motorcycle-superstore.com/65206/i/alpinestars-t-gp-plus-r-air-jacket

You must fist your anus.

alright, I mean everyone I've spoken to said icon had terrible build quality and that a* was the only choice, but I can deal with edgy if it means a decent jacket for the money.

They're not using their v-twin in the new superbike?

What kind of riding do you do? I have a tourmaster jacket that I'm pretty happy with, it only cost ~$200 if I remember correctly.

just general riding around town when I'm bored, nothing fancy. I just need something for summer because the one I have is killing me with how hot and humid it is.

that's a motoGP bike and of course not you retard.

It's a v4

I believe they're looking to sell RC213V-S style publicly purchasable versions though.

Fuck me I just noticed they even stole the "RC" from the RC213V

wear an adidas jacket

>Fuck me I just noticed they even stole the "RC" from the RC213V
No. It's the predecessor to their RC8 street bike.

And it's looking like it's going to be available as a closed-course-only bike so it likely won't be cucked down to 100hp or whatever the honda was.

How exactly is it a honda knockoff though?

post new webbums

90 degree v4

exact same exhaust configuration

similar high rear seat subframe shape

exact same shape of air intake

It's ok, ducati and aprilia tried to rip off the honda too.

oh and honda bikes have been RCs since the 1960s

Solid white, nigga. The price of the Cruise was tempting, but the graphic on the back ruins it.

>90 degree v4
>exact same exhaust configuration
>similar high rear seat subframe shape
wow sounds like every motogp bike. These bikes are all designed to fulfill the same purpose so the designs come out much the same.

>air intake shape
so the duct in the front fairing makes it a honda knockoff?

The KTM uses an entirely different chassis design.

Were Husqvarna WRs a ripoff of Yamahas because they shared the same name?

Is EBR ripping off KTM by using the SX name?

BMW ripping off Suzuki by using the GS name?

You get the point? Motorcycles end up with the same name all the time.

>wow sounds like every motogp bike

No it doesn't.

come on, you'd have to be obtuse to not think they were looking really closely at the honda when they came up with the RC16, when it went into development marquez was probably still tearing it up winning 10 races in a row.

It looks nearly the same.

$60 ALDI helmet

>It looks nearly the same.
Looks like a race bike. They're all pretty much the same. It seems to have one major thing which stands out against most of the others, which is the tube steel frame instead of big aluminum bars. I don't know what you're expecting. Do you want them to put a super duke up against the other motogp bikes just to make sure they don't have any similarities?

cycleworld.com/2015/11/02/ktm-rc16-motogp-race-bike-on-the-grid-in-2017-first-look-review/
>With every passing year, race bike designers have less and less to do, as once pointed out by Ducati’s distinguished former race engineer, Filippo Preziosi. Bore is limited to 81mm so that is the commonly chosen number, with a 48.5mm stroke. If you’re making a V-4, might as well choose the 90-degree cylinder angle that can make the engine self-balancing without a shaker shaft. One Akrapovic exhaust exits from the seat tail, one from under the rider’s right foot, which says “V4” quite clearly. Fuel quantity will be whatever Dorna allows in 2017—maybe 22 liters, but subject to change without notice. Wheelbase, rake, and trail are pretty uniform among the brands, and everyone works hard to make the swingarm as long as possible.

First for Michael Scott helmet is best helmet.

First for edgy monster helmet

Hey /dbt/
Bout to go on a late night ride while angry.

House sitting for my mother and sister's poorly trained herd of cats and dogs has led me to the conclusion that neither of them should have half the animals they do.

I'll admit that my anger is really out of proportion to the reality of the situation, so hopefully the ride will help me find my calm (though may lead to my early death but yolo right?).

Bikes are cheaper then therapy, right?

My SV650 seems to have spent 3 or 4 hours on the floor at work yesterday, motor oil all over the place, none inside.

I refilled some oil, just enough to reach between H and L and tried to start, no dice.

Called the mechanic, he said to let the oil drip off and clean the air filter. I read in the manual that there's also a drain plug for the air filter compartment so I'll use that as well.

Is there anything else I should try if these fail to do the job? Apart from kill myself, which is a given.

>Apart from kill myself, which is a given.
Go on a rampage first. Shoot for atleast regional news coverage. And don't pussy out and suicide at the end of it, make the cops gun you down or robo-bomb you.

Maybe get to the pugs and see if any oil got other places it shouldn't be.

>Bikes are cheaper than therapy, right?

Yeah, until you have a bad wreck at least. Then shit gets real expensive real fast.

I went matte black since the only other color in my size at the store was silver and that would never have matched any other piece of gear or any motorcycle I'd even buy so I said fuck that.

I'm starting my MSF course in the classroom tomorrow, anybody on who has done it in Everett, WA? I'm still pretty nervous and feel like I haven't done enough research.

>Maybe get to the pugs and see if any oil got other places it shouldn't be.

Give me some examples of places where oil could have gotten where it shouldn't have

well balls. I'm trying to use it too cool down and I need to gtf out of the house for awhile.

gas-tank
glove box
battery compartment
tires
coolant tank
blinker-fluid reservoir.

realistically, check the rest of the airbox

bikes are a better form of therapy
you either get better or you die

How long can i have my car just sit?
I didn't drive it for about two months.

Did mine at Everett power sports about a month ago

The whole course is easy as fuck. Classroom time is more or less "how to drive a small vehicle that may or may not have 4 wheels."

Range time is easy and they let people who should clearly not be on a public road pass with flying colors. Just some basic cone maneuvers. If you've ever driven a manual car, you're farther along than the majority of the class. If you've ever ridden a bicycle then you have the core ability to maneuver a motorcycle. Just don't over think and make everything over complicated like I did at first. Look where you want to go, and let your body do its thing

wtc phone/gps holder?

reminder that honda a shit

It's best to run it at least once a week. Make sure you get the engine up to operating temperature (don't just drive it around the block and park it, drive it for a good 10 minutes or so at least).

interphonewireless.com/interphone-pro-case-and-handlebar-mount-for-iphone-6-plus/

interphonewireless.com/mounting-bracket-for-non-tubular-handlebars-ssc/

universal mounting strap for any surface

Cool. I learned how to drive on a stick so I understand the fundamentals but it's been a while. I undertsnad motorcycle clutches aren't synchronized, does that make shifting a little harsher than a car normally or does the fact that it's a wet clutch reduce that a little? I'm a little afraid of fucking up a downshift and engine braking myself off the bike, how possible is that on a 250?

If it's carbed it may be flooded

difficult to engine brake yourself off the bike, more likely is that your back wheel kicks out or you blow the engine

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5685248334.html

Yes/no?

just get a liter peter with a slipper clutch

I had no idea mark zuckerberg was really a sv650

synchronized clutch???

If you dowshift to hard you'll feel a slight jerk and maybe the rear wheel will hop. It's all controllable. Just remember to keep the front wheel pointed where you want to go.

Thinking solid white as well, especially if I go with dark gear

I read that most of these sites don't even calculate anything; It's just clickbait with randomized output to share on your social media.

Thank you, I am not sure about how to work the gas tank since it's near full but I'll try the other parts.

What happened? Slow cranking? Click and no crank? Nothing happened? Crank but not starting? Cranking with a sputter?

it is, no idea, how do i test?
First test was with little to no oil so it went for a split second than a mild THUNK (hopefully I didn't blow a gasket or what it's called when you run without oil)
After that it doesn't even do the initial split second of idle movement, click and no turn I suppose. I'm very new to this and can't really ID the noise. I know it's not battery failure, that much I can tell.

>tarmac suddendly changes to concrete in a hairpin corner

>tfw shite weather outside
I just want to attack the touges

I'm assuming you mean there's no gear synchros, that's only really a problem at a stop sometimes where it might be kinda hard switching gears and you may have to roll back and forth a bit to get in/out of neutral

They don't engine brake that hard at all, so don't worry about it. just try to ease off the clutch smoothly or rev match if you're confident enough.

The should have a bunch of eliminators, gz250s and a lone rebel. They also have a dual sport and some Hyosung for the taller people

don't go so far above your limits around corners then.
you should leave yourself enough room to counter steer, bring the bike up level and slow down.

if you let out the clutch a bit you won't have to roll back and forward to get out of neutral

only in america

what bike has the best sound system?

Riding to sf Saturday, boys;wish me luck.

If it's not cranking and you know your battery has a good charge it's probably flooded. Carbs do that when the bike falls over because the valve which regulates fuel and everything else depend on gravity.

Pull the spark plugs out and crank it for a few seconds to get it to spew all that fuel out. Make sure to wear safety glasses.
Alternatively I've had luck with hooking my bike to a more powerful car battery and cranking with the throttle wide open.

straight pipe mc22

Are those forks from a CR250?

Heard a loud noise, stopped, saw all the screws holding the tail light had come out and the entire fucking thing banged my rear tire. It was dangling by the wires of the turn signals.

what the fuck? I have no idea where those screws went.

>shite weather outside
i just want to get home from work without dying. The fucking wind right now has got me concerned.

>tube steel frame instead of big aluminum bars
Bold move.

When Ducati tried it, they just couldn't get two chassis identical in spec to feel the same, due to having so many joins.

>also not using Ohlins suspension
wew

glhf KTM

Nah, from an old Husqvarna Cagiva. But maybe also?

nice pic

If anyone knows how to build a good steel frame it is KTM, they are still building better steel frames in MX racing than any Japanese manufacturers alloy frames.

>also not using Ohlins suspension

the only reason everyone uses öhlins is that they're the only manufacturer that can fuck around with shit like the motogp. Using an inhouse manufacturer could be a good choice

Good to know, I'll try that next time.

That's exactly what it is. Absolutely no algorithm at all, it's just clickbait for ad revenue and information collecting.

Wait KTM isnt using white power suspension?

I'm kind of surprised to see the RC16 is going to be entered in MotoGP. I thought the CEO said ur wasn't worthwhile and that WSBK would be a more worthy investment. Or are they anyway in WSBK? I don't follow road racing

they are. I'm just saying that not using öhlins could be a good idea

ducati knew how to build a good steel frame too, they've been doing it and winning races with it since ancient times in a road racing context.

They're running aluminium frames now too.

I will be very happy if KTM pull off the steel frame, I think it will limit them though. Habeeb it or not even stoner said he preferred the composite ducati frames of the GP8+ to the steel framed 07.

They are.

Zarco has WP in moto2 and he's going okay.

No the ceo said that they won't be building road legal superbikes anymore because the general public can't handle things like the rc16
youtube.com/watch?v=yDOhv0dsE_Y
Kinda sucks, i think they sound amazing, even a de tuned version of that engine would be nice on the streets.

>that sound

straight crank too, just like the RC213Vs

All the other V4s are crossplane.

They really did go all in on copying honda.

Sounds a fiar bit different to the honda, the new honda sounds like a wild beast.
youtube.com/watch?v=L_dDXk2Qqdw

youtu.be/kxACViueNI4?t=80

listen to it on the trot down the straight, very similar. Spotted it immediately, no other motoGP bike is that high pitched, the hondas have been unique in that in recent memory (until now)

very similar, most people think the straight crank on the current RC is a mistake (requiring more sophisticated electronics to control spinning compared to an x-plane one) and they recently swapped the direction of rotation for the engines internals.

So it'll be interesting to see how kato go with the same engine type and firing intervals.

I bet you really like honda lmao

Honda is great, baikus at least

They were great in the 90's, now they're just okay.

I don't, I'm one of the people who consider current honda a massive disappointment and I own a suzuki.

I'm just not retarded and I'm willing to call a spade a spade, the RC16 is a honda clone with a steel frame.

a spade is a shovel m8

>consider current honda a massive disappointment
>own a suzuki
uhhh lol

I'm sorry is owning a bike from a manufacturer supposed to make me some kind of ambassador or representative of the brand? I don't really have any special loyalties.

Even if I was I see nothing to be disappointed over, GSX-S1000, GSX-R750 and the new GSX-R1000 are all bikes I'd own with zero hesitation.

what's up ya bunch of memeing nobike bitches

>getting disappointed by suzuki

you need expectations to be disappointed by something. Suzuki hasn't changed their game since forever (cheap and boring but gud bikes)

just did my A license, sold my sv650 and got enough money for a gixxer 600

i fucking love motogp so i already found a place that will foil my bike to the blue of the motogp suzukis, but my question is what other mods can i make to my bike to make it look more race - like? (needs to be street legal though)

ill definitely get a short tail and a new windscreen, but what exhausts look and sound most like a racing bike? and what other mods can i do?

pls help

suzuki motogp team isn't even good tho