/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous: Citizen Elite General #51

Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. Don't fucking reply to obvious bait.
Previous Thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

POLLS CLOSED.
DELAYED SHIP TRANSFER WINS 70%-30%

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/346300/katamarii-griefing-in-2-x-and-on#latest
youtube.com/watch?v=q_9dxjg65B4
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/346271/legal-status-of-pirate-ships#latest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hand over the backers Roberts

Best ship.

third for i bought ED and i want it to fail and die just to prove the dads wrong

Not so fast

Its too rollercoaster to fail!

I think you'd find you are mistaken.

Join hands with me brothers. Only together can we ensure we'll see a sneak peek of the Polaris or 600i on ATV today.

Isn't it about time to delete the gamescom part in the op?

I'm going to buy an Adder

What can I do with an Adder?

nah, it's still plenty fresh enough to keep there as reference material when retards wander in from /v/ and ask year old questions.

meme magic doesn't work on Veeky Forums though

Trade and pretend to be a Space Shuttle I'd say.

But the wanted ones at RES make surprisingly good enemies at times. Then again I might just be shit at fighting.

Do you pour the milk then the cereals or do you pour the cereals then the milk first?

*hugs all the RSI drones and MLP babies that got rekt last thread*

Nothing personal.

Cereal first so you can soak all of it

Although breakfast is unnecessary and contributes to obesity

>he uses a bowl
Look at this posh twat

>breakfast is unnecessary
Are you dumb?

HULLO!

>tfw you are sweating and experiencing jitters, because the avenger best ship poster is missing

Did he died?

>Best

everything, good maneuvaribility, decent space for the pricetag. Pretend you're flying the toyota space shuttle with twin pulses and a MC

>sit there's an unidentified mobile suit on the frontier!
>it won't respond to our hails, opening fire
>it's too fast, we can't hit it!

I hope SC gets lots of Chinese players and that they utterly economically cripple saisei. Fuck this weeb shit. Where are all the Chinese ship manufacturers? Why the hell does some stupid japanese ship manufacturer make half of the ships. Fuck this weeb garbage

also

>fujin is 300% more expensive than other places
wtf what is this supposed to be inspired by?

fucking hell

Sit where's?

>t. Daphne

When will the forumshitters learn I wonder!

Where are the Chinese planets and cities??

wtf is this faggotry? flying dildo?

Link faggot.

Also origin fags btfo

>fed wins CZ CG by several days
>piracy CG is rigged against the fed with worse pay out and less targets and not working for the first few days
>empire barely scrapes ahead
>galnet trumpets Imperial victory
This is getting silly.

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/346300/katamarii-griefing-in-2-x-and-on#latest

>Some people see griefing as playing the game in ways it was not intended to be played to harass other players, while others believe griefing can occur when using intended methods of play to negatively effect other player's experiences.

Get the fuck in here citizens its habbening

Refresh the page

Pic related, its what you deleted.

I didn't delete anything, Anonymous. Stop lying to yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=q_9dxjg65B4
>I've never seen anything move like this!
>Just what is that suit!?

I don't forget.
I don't forgive.
And I just shit myself.

Let me put this right next to yours.

Seriously tho, is the Retaliator going back on sale any time soon?

it's not happening.

katamari is what they do when they finally get tired of whatever retard topic has gotten out of hand, it's basically sweeping the shitty new meme topic into one pile to be ignored.

sucking at aiming.webm

Yeah, it's sickening.

Just started following Star Citizen development again after 4 years of forgetting about it.

Looks amazing

Whos this derek smart guy and why is he so negative about it? is he right in any way?

>it's three times faster than a normal xian!

I'm surprised they don't throw those into the PvP/PvE katamari.

>I've got him in my sights sir! I can take hime!
>I'm gonna defeat the guaAAAHGH

>mickey mouseniggering webms

Maybe Chris should hire some female programmers to fix their Cryengine.

>emoticons in comments
>explaining what an integer is
>stupid messages in comments
>no comments whatsoever in guy code
They're both pretty shit tbqh

>the left is shit
m8.

I'm no programmer... but the girl's code doesn't even work from what I can understand..

Stop bullying her gamergoober misogynist!

It's pretty and has emoji and is twice as long as the guy's code.

It doesn't matter how clever or efficient it is if you don't comment it. Even a "this function returns this" is enough.

The girl's code has so many errors. What the fuck.

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/346271/legal-status-of-pirate-ships#latest

Pirates BTFO again! Twice in one day! Haha we sure showed those griefers!

Pic related, its a BTFO'd pirate

If that was you in the last thread misusing My Little Pirate, stop it. A My Little Pirate isn't just any pirate, it's those pirates who think if they don't pirate TOO much and they only murder a FEW people and they pay a REASONABLE fine, the UEE will just forgive them.

Anything but russian coders. Call of Chenobly actually has a receipt and a few recipies in it, large portions of the code aren't actually triggered by anything and seem to do exactly what a smaller line of code does that exists in multible chains, and a comment refering to a piece of code that's 3,500~ish lines long and explains that the developer doesn't know what this part does and can't figure out what it does but it causes the game to skip the first 5 seconds and loose all voiced lines.

I flew out to Quince since I head it has really high paying missions. I flew to both stations in the system. The first had literally nothing but donation missions. The second had more donation missions with the exception of one mother fucker who had 15 smuggling missions, each paying out over 3 million (more than I've ever seen). Unfortunately they require a higher reputation level than I currently have, so I have two questions.

1. Do donation missions provide a good chunk of reputation? Is it worth me bringing these people the shit they want?

2. What the fuck is happening in Quince? I can out here hoping to snag some high paying deliveries, instead I'm considering a change in occupation.

>>gurl code
>overly convoluted code and overly convoluted comments

>>boi code
>leet haxxor with no comments whatsoever
>"I'm so haxxor I use lotsa pointers and memory calls xD"
>2/10

FUCK YOU CIG I WANT LUXURY DPACE BMW NOT A FUCKING SPACE DILDO REEEEEEEFUNDED

Don't worry, they'd both get sacked within days if they ever managed to get a job coding.

Honestly MLP is a shit moniker, it just gets confused with the actual show abbreviation and makes conversation that much more difficult.

Using "dads" or "carebears" are easy to distinguish because no one uses the term outside of their vidya meaning on Veeky Forums, outside of /co/ (for carebear), while MLP is still used derogatorily for the show and those that watch it on most boards.

pretty sure the one on the left was some revolutionary elegant solution to on the fly floating-point integer calculation or something Carmack wrote back in the 90s
but you know, it's not commented so I guess it's shit

Its a fake you autistic faggot.

Hello person who's never programmed outside of university/codeacademy

Oh lord, I hope thats fake, that ship would have a terrible blind spot with it's bridge placed that far back.

Only you find conversation difficult and get confused by MLP in this context because you're autistic. Everyone else can tell it's an insulting acronym even if they're never seen someone type out My Little Pirate.

watch bugsmashers some time

>I know good coding practise as I watched a youtube video

I've seen at least three other people confuse it in this and the last thread.

The point isn't people seeing it as an insulting remark, the problem is both MLP for the show and MLP for pirates are insulting here, fuckwit.

>I know nothing about coding but I'm gonna pretend I do to drop epic memes on this user

Embarassing.

do you even know what bugsmashers is
the point was that you can see actual work environment code on screen

>university/codeacademy

user, I'm a developer at day break. But thanks for calling yourself out and making yourself look like an idiot to anyone who knows what I'm talking about.

The 300 and 890 are both shaped rather dildo-y... Why would you expect the 600 to be any different?

Also, this is where that fake came from.

E:D players refer to dads as;
>people who like tedious things such as long wait times and hauling cargo long distances in empty servers and are against casualization of their game

Star Citizen players refer to dads as;
>people who don't want griefers and pirates to dictate how they play
AND
>people who want Star Citizen and don't want tedious things in it
AND
>pirates who think they shouldn't be targetted by law enforcement for a small amount of crime

If you're talking about confusing terminology, at least come up with something that everyone understands. Until you all start talking about the same things, no one will know what you're talking about.

I work in software development, uncommented code like that would get most people fired regardless of how good it is.

Sure you are.

>REEEEE why doesn't everyone code the exact same way REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its not even the same way, its literally bad practise to not comment your code as it makes it a pain for anyone else to work with it as well as for yourself in the future.

>pirates who think they shouldn't be targetted by law enforcement for a small amount of crime

Why do you keep fucking saying this, no one is expecting crime to go unpunished

>uncommented code like that would get most people fired regardless of how good it is
I don't know a fucking thing about coding but I know how fucking stupid you must look to actual coders right now, or anyone who's ever had a job really
who do you code for, kim jong un?

I can tell by the i=[memory cell]- i forced 1
that he's doing some recursive function based on a property of the root operator I cannot recall the name

but it took me like 5 mins to figure out half the shit he did; don't get me wrong, I do try to optimize my code like that, but I usually write down what I'm doing (for my own use)

>its literally bad practise to not comment your code
What if the comment was left out of her cherry-picked argument, lying just a few lines above her screenshot?

1 and 3 look way better than the 890 design they went with. But I wouldn't mind if the 600 series ended up looking like a SC Fer De Lance, it would be a good fit for an origin ship.

AH IM SORRY THEN

I don't think you are!

You are aware not commenting methods makes it worthless in a corporate environment right, you're not going to be the only one working on it and it will slow everyone down

I work for a white label software firm with 30 staff, I'm not stupid enough to say who I work for.

>image says boys don't comment code and girls overcomment it
>say both practises are bad
>somehow wrong

Probably because counter to your MLP narrative, people have said things about not wanting law enforcement to go after them for "just one kill", because it's "just a game" and that would make it "unplayable" for criminals.

Not here, no

/scg/ has some obsession with making sure that crime has no punishment and that randomly killing other players should have no effect on gameplay otherwise its literally unplayable. Any attempt to say that there should be a crime and punishment system with any form of weight gets attacked as dadposting

>image says boys don't comment code and girls overcomment it
No it doesn't.

It's a snippet of a guy's code she took from somewhere.

For all you know, the comment lines could be indented to the right hand side to be in uniform position for easy reading.

Or it could be removed from under the original descriptive comment to make her argument seem more valid because it isn't broken up in to baby steps like her own code.

Yes, here, you dumb faggot.

>Girls overcomment it
>/*Else return 5 because I'm so random yay :D*/

Are you sure that's the only problem with that code m8?

>he says people aren't expecting crime to go unpunished
>call him a brony

Autism.

isn't the guys code that magic function from the quake's sourcecode where nobody knew why it worked but somehow it did while being super fast?

found it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root

Thats the point of the image, you're deliberately making excuses to justify a shitty twitter image.

Its all around shit but the comments were the most eyecatching thing to compare.

Where exactly?
Pointing out 'grief' whining doesn't mean they think there should be no justice system.

> uncommented code like that would get most people fired

You're lying abot working in Sofrware Development, but if you aren't then you sure must loose your job often. Being the only person who can read and edit your proprietary software ensures they'll keep you hired, or pay you in the future to come back and edit or update it.

You are literally the only one saying this, the problem is when people say pvp = griefing because muhcargos.

I, the main daphneposter, have no problem with repercussions for being a pirate. Lowsec zones only? Sure. No LTI? Sure. Getting a grief ban for killing a hauler? gtfo.

FUCK YOU I'M BEING GENUINE DESU ACCEPT MY APOLOGY