What's Veeky Forums's opinion of the Honda Fit?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion of the Honda Fit?

Its a shitbox that's good at what it was designed to do.

Nice interior too. is that hole hanging off the passenger-side dash a cup holder?

Early model year Honda Fit's suffered from leaking in the rain, and shoddy construction. The revised models are much better.

Yeah, apparently the Fit has like ten cupholders.

The pic is the interior of a 2012 Fit Sport I'll be seeing on Saturday. I just noticed the stain on the passenger floor mat, but it looks good otherwise.

Yeah, I saw the RCR episode too. This won't be a Silicone Sally, it's a second gen. The 2012 added sound deadening as well.

Had one as a work car for like 40k km, I counted 6 cup holders but the car itself was great.

I thrashed the shit out of it, and it returned 7l/100km.
Heaps of room inside, only fault is the driving position is too high.

I love my 2011 Fit Sport. It drives like a 90s Honda: loud, light, responsive, slow. Everything feels good, including heel-toe downshifts. Tons of space and yes, 10 cupholders. They're rated at 33 highway mpg. Mine has been very reliable.

Fit Freaks has a lot of information about these. There's a small aftermarket if you want a bit more power or better handling. I'm looking for a thicker "rear sway bar" eventually.

Bump

Just buy a civic for 3k. Same mpg, same power, same weight, you can use an aux jack with the oem radio. Or spend more money and get a used luxury car.

The Fit is the new Civic. The Civic is the new Accord. The Accord is now supposed to be like a Lexus or something.

That interior looks like it came out of a Hot Wheels.

Engine less powerful found in Corollas

If possible, avoid the auto version.

My mom has one and the auto box is terrible.

>drops three gears to stay at 70 going up a hill
>would rather let the engine lug then drop a gear when driving normally
>when you do get it to drop a gear there doesn't seem to be any control over the throttle, you'll always end up shooting past the speed you were trying to maintain
>and the minute you let off the throttle it'll immediately shift up

It's a shitty little econobox, indistinguishable from other shitty little econoboxes.

The GD3 is the fucking bomb, even the auto version is pretty damn cool. All others after the GD3 are just shit.

It's behaving like an econobox automatic should, fairly common in newer automatics

spiritual civic successor cause honda forgot what the civic was about.

It's an ugly, dreadful to drive car. My mother has one and on the occasion that I've visited her and driven it I hated every minute.

The fit is slow.

I fucking think they're cool. Reminds me of my buddy's '90 civic hatch with a 5 speed.

>Drops gears
>CVT

And the Civic was best car.
Therefore, this is best car too.

I would've bought one if they released an Si version.

Went with the Fiesta ST instead, but I still enjoy driving my brother's Honda Fit when I stay with family. Interior is alright, ride is softer than my ST, steering is numb, the shifter is surprisingly nice, and it has plenty of room.

What the fuck do you care about my opinion you little faggot

>USDM 2nd gen fit
>CVT
'no'

Yep, slap a CAI and a ebay exhaust on that pig and you're ready.

fit is probably the best car for most people.

good gas mileage.
solid zip and handling for its class.
magic seats make it better for transporting shit than sedans

the lack of a volume knob is borderline retarded though

I've never had problem with the lack of a knob, the steering wheel controls work fine.

I've put 32k on my 2015 and love it. It's not the fastest car but it's fun to drive and has a big interior. I use it for catering gigs sometimes and people are always surprised at how much I can fit in it.

I will admit that 6th gear is kind of useless, it's geared way to similar to 5th. Other then that I haven't had any problems/issues with mine

Surprisingly capable for having acceleration that feels like pointing a desk fan out the window and using the resulting calm breeze to propel itself forward

Scrapes on anything and everything

Overall pleasant to drive but confusing why they didn't put IRS and a K24 into the Fit and make a Fit R

Your car has no torque or power, it can't have gear ratios that are spaced too far apart

It's slower than a toyota echo.

Get a yaris or a fiesta, if you want a tiny shit box.

Or don't be a fag and don't buy a shit box you fucker.