Audi R8 thread: Discussion & Opinions

Audi R8 thread: Discussion & Opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/498GQKE0hSY?t=1m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reskinned Gallardo.

Certainly wouldn't pick it over the R8

Sounds great, looks like a generic supercar. I can't imagine why the 8cyl model exists.

Not my favourite Audi by a long shot, though. If I had the cash for the R8 I'd sooner spend it boosting a Quattro to WOT.

The first gen one was definitely unique and eye catching. 2nd gen is just meh

The R8 is dull to drive compared to it's competitors. It's not a "drivers car" like Porsche and Ferrari strive to be. Most R8 owners are first time sports car owners, and don't appreciate what they are missing.

The R8 succeeded by luck of timing. It came at the start of the recession, which delayed the competitors from refreshing their offerings. As a result, the R8 was the only "new", "unique" car in it's class for several years.

Basically a boring piece of shit. Get a supercar that meets up to the old expectations of them being wacky instead of, well, this.

Atleast it was an N/A supercar, which is pretty depressing to call a decent feature now. Fuck turbos.

youtu.be/498GQKE0hSY?t=1m50s why the fuck would anyone waste money on one of the most boring cars in the history of boring cars jesus

>I couldn't afford a Lambo: the thread

I'm honestly surprised they didn't fall asleep at the wheel or start crashing into trees because they were so bored

>I can't imagine why the 8cyl model exists.
So that you can say "I have a supercar!"

What exactly makes ANY car fun to drive apart from the transmission?

how much it resembles a miata or civic

hard mounted motor

where do you think we are?

At the local mental ward

>be me
>brother in laws (also great friend) aunty and uncle buy an R8.
>they make national news

I hate Australia.

kek

New front end is pig disgusting.

Honestly, i drove an R8, an aventador, and a 911 on the same day and the R8 was easily my favorite. It certainly doesnt feel like the other cars, but in my opinion, its for the better.
The ride was smooth but i wouldnt for a milisecond call it numb.
The engine was fairly quiet, which is fine with me. I get all the engine noise i could ever want from my C182.
The handling was on point, and although forgiving, i wouldnt say its a beginners car.
The interior was spartan, but of fairly high quality.

I would definitely get one if i could afford it. By no means is it amazing, but its a well built, fun little car.

Agreed, the 1st gen one was the shit. Now Audi decided to fuck everything up by creating that demon spawn of a bumper. The fuckers even put that on the TT!!!1!11!!1!!1 WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ITS HORRENDOUS

This is the perfect specimen of fixing things that ain't broke

what's the average car there? inb4 vee ate ute

WOW, is that the new NSX?

A car that has a hard time getting out of parallel parking for free.