State salts the roads heavily in winter

>state salts the roads heavily in winter

Is there any way to preserve my car? Or is this shit just going to rust my undercarriage to hell no matter what?

Why are governments who salt roads not cutting every car owner a fucking check?

Maybe you should get a better car

buy a winter beater and put your nice car in storage all winter

Undercarriage coating, clean the damn thing. Modern cars are usually very rusty resistant, I've seen someone not clean their car for a couple years and the result underneath was just spots of surface rust.

I've seen brand new cars with rust forming in the wheel wells after 1 winter lol, if the paint is getting scratched by the abrasive materials dat rust is getting in boi

What undercarriage coating is good? I heard stuff about fluid film

My friends 2012 already has rust in the wheels, yeah. How can you prevent that?

You're fucked. The only thing is to get other people aware of the damaging effects of salt so that someday it is fucking banned.

>his car isn't aluminum

Get thr underside properly cleaned and proofed. Clean it properly atleast twice a week, maybe more depending on how much driving and how much salt.

A good idea would be to put some form of rubber seal or similar at the "sharp" edge of your internal wheel flare as its a spot where rusts usually starts

Or just dip the thing in industrial-grade bedliner

Checked

>implying that helps

This.

Spray on sound deadener is actually pretty effective, and also has the benefit of, obviously, cutting sound.

Then you just keep it clean.

Blini bunny?

Hook the negative terminal up to a G clamp and attach it to your sill.

The negative ions will repel the salt and your car won't rust.

but[spoiler] how do I wash under my car [/spoiler]

One of these underbody washing lances do wonders

I also have a Kärcher K5 pressure washer that has a detachable tank you can put solvants and stuff in, so you can put waxing-shampoo and other fluids in it which will make it cleaner on the underside without any extra work

POR15

Bedliner makes a bad under coating. While its tough, its not soft like a proper undercoating. It does not stand up well to abuse that happens under the car.

Gravel hitting the underside of your car will slow chip, and eat away at the bedliner.
Undercoating is soft for a reason.

Also, bed liner is much thicker, and heavier
POR15 bare, or rusted metal, and then spray on with an underliner of your choice.
At the end of winter, go in again, and cover up any rust spots.

Protect the curved metal that goes into your wheel wells.

The bedliner-thing was more of a joke

The "best" protection is solid-as-shit acidic primer, layer upon layer of paint and then a proper rust protection fluid. Valvoline Tectyl has become a staple here and is really fucking good

THIS

Thats for encapsulating rust and stopping it from spreading. Its not for preventing it.
The best prevention is still Waxoyl type product.

If it's for encapsulating the metal, that would also prevent the metal from rusting, dumbass

Classic VW owners use that shit on new floor pans FOR RUST PREVENTION

>how do I wash under my car

You can always heat several gallons of water in your microwave oven, one gallon at a time. Then put them in your portable sprayer assuming it has a nozzle with an angle on it. That angle lets you extend that long spray arm underneath and aim upwards at the undercarriage with the hot water.

The trick is to not totally clean one spot before moving on. This saves water unless you like refilling your tank a lot. Your first pass, you spray wheel well first and then undercarriage just enough to make water drop down and then move on. That dilutes it and drains off the salty water as it continues dripping. After you've wet down the entire bottom, you can then spray again. A 2.5 gallon sprayer gives me several passes before I'm out of water.

Link to the type of sprayer you are talking about please

They're the ones you use to dispense fertilizer or pesticide, I imagine.

3 cans of this stuff is enough to get every inch under my car and flood the inside of the frame rails and rockers. The rust progression has slowed way down since i started doing it.
Do a thick coat in late fall, touch it up in early spring, and wash your car weekly.

>Link to the type of sprayer you are talking about please

There's no need for heating up the water if the weather allows water to runoff in your neighborhood. But if everything is still iced over, then spraying hot water is all that can be done.

If it was me, I'd probably also use salt on the driveway, but that wouldn't get onto the car being washed so I wouldn't worry about it. I just don't want water freezing on the driveway from daily rinsing of the undercarriage.

ayy just ride the bus in winter lmao

Call your state/local representative and tell them salting the roads is pollution, and poisons freshwater streams

I don't know why you northern cucks persist in dealing with that shit and putting the money you throw with salt, and not putting it into proper winter driving education.

>not putting it into proper winter driving education.

This. Git gud.