MR2

I bought one, 1986 with 92000km on it. Anyone else here own one?

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/longueuil-rive-sud/1989-toyota-mr2-gt-coupe-2-door/1181387826?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5693907966.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope.

how much? Are you a burger?

A fucking leaf

6000 CAD which is like 4700 USD

Pretty clean, small rust spots by the side skirts and on the wipers. Engine bay needs a cleaning though.

Are you the dude from /a/ that posts his MR2 in every eurobeat thread?

I live in Vegas and I swear to god I've seen like 10 of them this past week.

Maybe it's a sign that I need one.

That looks pretty fucking nice. I'm hoping to get one in a few years once the insurance price drops.

Nice, I was looking at that one on kijiji a couple weeks back, looked real clean.

I also have an '86, previous owner swapped out the NA engine for an SC. All the pictures I have of it are pretty shit though.

Lovely color user

I'm thinking of dropping a Blacktop 20v or a 7AGe into her myself

>mfw just bought a DD
>no leftover money for a summer toy
pls end me
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/longueuil-rive-sud/1989-toyota-mr2-gt-coupe-2-door/1181387826?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I've got one, it's falling apart and a piece of shit though. Most fun I've had driving a car, especially in the snow and on gravel.

yes
they are fun

Mr2 is for spoiled brats

This looks familiar..

>mazda wheels

Thoughts?
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5693907966.html
It's not perfect, but that seems like a pretty good deal.

Also I have a question. I know that they have "snap oversteer or whatever" but can I still have fun skidding around corners or in a parking lot?
>inb4 wahh you need to drive like a grandma

Holy fuck thats cheap

Yeah I know.
>freshly rebuild motor
>full service records

>trueno badge
>mazda rims
pretty tacky
overpriced but clean

cheap but the interior looks a little ratty. not bad for supercharged though.

Nah but I wish I did. Really cool car

Holy shit I just realized how close together the pedals are in this car. Is that normal? There is like an inch between the brake and clutch.

not really, its strange.
probably a manual swap and they didnt space them out properly.

I like that blue :^)

This is one thing I'm trying to get used after having owned 3 practical econoboxes. The pedals are practically touching eachother, so if I'm too sloppy with my foot placement, I'll hit the deadpedal/brake while operating the clutch.

Nice ford mustang

Yup, that's mine. That was at the WAT Veeky Forumsntario meet up at Engineered Automotive's cars and coffee.

What can 5000$ worth of mods get me? Mine is 100% stock

suspension
20v blacktop

>What can 5000$ worth of mods get me?
A car that won't kill you with snap oversteer

Buy a fucking Civic

vintage meme

Its sexy

I'm new to DIY maintenance. My coolant was blackish/brownish, and MR2wiki said the total capacity of the system was 12.8L. I picked up 3 bottles of OEM Toyota pink for a total of 11.3L. Any harm in just filling the rest with water? I'll be doing some winter driving but I don't need it to get to work.

I used to, I shouldn't have sold it goddamn. I didn't have space for it, but I could have left it at my parents place

had one a while, worst auto purchase (money-wise) i ever made. great fun car, i just got a really fucking cheap one that ended up being more fucked than I ever would have expected considering it had a nearly new MOT.

You don't run all antifreeze it should be 50/50 mix depending on how cold your winters are

The bottles are 50/50

It's my dream car senpai
I saw an 88 in while I visiting my mom but I have no way to get it from the dealer to home
I do however have a 2001, and it's shit and I kind of regret not getting one of the 2nd gens, don't listen to anyone over 35 that's not a professional mechanic when thinking about getting a new car

I retract my statement, my bad.

I would rather die

Stop being a dick

man im too scared of snap over steer and it being an 80s car and me being poor

Stop driving a Civic.

I don't. I just think you're an asshole

Fair enough I guess.

>convince myself ill get an mr2
>find a bunch of nearby ads that look good condition
>remember its a 30 year old car
>remember all the things that can go wrong with a car
>remember im poor with no tools and nobody to help
>sigh and try to look for practical "sporty" slightly newer cars

Just don't lift off the accelerator when you hit corners

You can get snap oversteer in a corolla too if you're going fast enough/have no traction. It's no big deal, just harder to correct without easy wheel drive.

>easy wheel drive
Stop being a dick.

Check out my miles on my aw11 guys I dd it Am I cool now?

>Dat Fiero Emblem.

It's an MR2 emblem

Both it and Fiero have birds on them

Huh, the depth of those door pockets are deceptive.

>go to fill up my MR2
>realize I don't have my wallet
>search every nook and cranny of my car five times
>panic
>spend half a day moping, cancel debit/credit card
>can't drive it so decide to put a cover on it
>search it one last time first
>it was lodged in the back of the door pocket the whole time

The opening to put your hand in is a third the length of the door, but the pocket extends the entire length of the door

Is the sw20 a good car? I love aw11 but won't be able to find a good one around me, and I feel like the second gen would have more available parts.

Yes.

Always wanted an AW11, ZZW30 owner instead, just as fun, twice as gay

>guy selling restored mr2 for 4500
>new ad comes up for 2500 about death in family, he dented the right side door and just wants it gone now
>the car is really far
Its not fair

its a GREAT car. not a good one.
the turbo engine is kind of heavy and outdated, you can do better with aftermarket