What's your opinion on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rfyeR-YaJw
youtu.be/ocymGk-IvGk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2
youtu.be/Ba3-wXubOn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the 745

jokes aside, i like all of them. no seriously i fucking love tanks.

i like small nippy tanks, like the Lt vz. 38 (pz38) and the M5 stuart

i like the hero medium tanks, the workhorse that is the M4 sherman and the crude but effective T-34

i like big tanks, like the awe-inspiring Tiger and the awesome looking but slightly shitty conqueror

i like new tanks, i mean take a look at a Leopard 2 or the T-15 in OPs pic (even if that technically is an Heavy IFV and not a tank) and say you dont like that shit. no? thought so

i like old tanks, like the father of all modern tanks, the Renault (yes, that renault) Ft-17 and the L-60

i like conventiopnal looking tanks, like the ever reliable Centurion, or completely mad things like the Strv 103

hell, i've even played a tank dating simulator

that's not a tank fatso

Better?

post something that isn't a deathtrap

T-90 and T-72 are lasting more against Abrams in the Middle east.

Gulf war states otherwise.

No US Abrams was lost to enemy fire, but apparently a shitton were taken out by friendly fire iirc

I like tanks.

My favourite is the S-tank, because it's fucking strange.
Otherwise, the Centurion is pretty nice. Looks like a tank, and sounds like a tank should; all rattling treads and rumbling engine and creaking suspension.
The Chieftain and Leopard are good too. Leopards are the MBT equivalent of a sports car, and the Chieftain is an honourable mention because tanks SHOULD spew smoke everywhere, in my book.

Maybe.

But we see M1's taking RPG and ATGM fire and simply dying, meanwhile in Syria the T-72's are taking fire and they just keep fighting.

Maybe because the UVZ tanks are basically all mechanical and little tech on it.

Newest hit in tank fashion

you, i like you.
also, my uncle managed to drown one of those, and got court martial'd.

i have a few webms of the 103, want them?

That's because the Iraqi T-72 Lion of Babylon was shite, and didn't have any night sights.
Nor did they have any air defence worth a damn.

The real lesson is that when the enemy has more Mavericks than you have tanks and more Sidewinders than you have fighter jets, you're fucked no matter what you field.

Also? Light tank best tank.

>riced_cv90.jpg

Sure, why not?

> New
Not really. The idea of a plastic tank has been around for ages, and the same with a stealth tank.
Not on the same tank, mind you, but they're there. And confined to a museum because they weren't marketable.

Pinnacle of German Engineering.

next fagget, that's not a tank
>Implying the T72 variants (Gen 2) are any match for a Gen3 MBT which Abrams is
I smell a lying Russian

but user, that is a tank

>My favourite is the S-tank, because it's fucking strange.
the only thing in that tank that is unusual was the fact that aiming was done by regulating the suspension to lower or raise the gun, turretless design at that point was couple of dacedes old (and obsolete)

youtube.com/watch?v=2rfyeR-YaJw

>T90 take direct ATGM hit
>tank survives

another nontank

The Abrams currently fighting in the middle east are export cheapo models. The T-72's that the US have always fought have always been export (monkey) models. Monkey models are pretty evenly matched. It comes down to training so those poor tanks in the hands of sand Niggers aren't doing so well.

My favorite T-series

see, you dont have an idea what you are talking about.

unique features about the S:
>extremely low profile
>hydraulic suspension
>amphibious
>two engines, including a jet turbine
>because of above it was very hard to see on thermal cams, because only running on a small diesel
>very advanced commanders cupola
>very high RoF autoloader, with a very large drum
>3 man crew, but could be operated by a single man if needed

>this desperate cherrypicking
youtu.be/ocymGk-IvGk
>dat Shtora FAIL
lol

why do Russians keep on ramming their turret launching death traps down our throats as the best tank ever, when its clearly not true

>all T-72

Where are the T90's with Shtoras?

that tank is pretty aesthetic.

I kind of appreciate that Russia still uses the red star on military shit.

It was always Russia's most iconic thing, communism aside.

I believe it was described as a "Direct Fire Support Vehicle" which basically is a IFV with a big gun and extra armour but not at any point was it designed to replace the standard MBTs at the field

I want one, i want to buy one and make it retardedly fast and race it around.

i love this tank, it's small and nearly useless on an actual battlefield but i want to put my penis in it. it's gun is so big and it could go so fast if it just had love, i want to give it that love

>unique features about the S:
>>extremely low profile
nothing unusually many turretless vehicles had low profile
>>hydraulic suspension
nothing unusual here as well
>>amphibious
I believe soviet PT76 also was amphibious, I'm sure it wasn't the only one but being amphibious means you have to sacrifice the armor which is a dumb idea in a MBT
>>two engines, including a jet turbine
what is a APU
>>because of above it was very hard to see on thermal cams, because only running on a small diesel
what is a APU
>>very advanced commanders cupola
whatever that means
>>very high RoF autoloader, with a very large drum
since when an autoloader is a unique feature when russian are churning their millions of tanks with autoloaders
man crew, but could be operated by a single man if needed
any tank could be operated by a 1 man if given enough time to switch between stations, this is a moronic point

wotfag i presume? not gonna hold it against you, ELC is fucking glorious, and i've even managed to get three barrel stripes on it. WR kiting is so fun with russian heavies, especially with the cloaking device that thing seems to have

the video you posted clearly shows shtora failing to jam the agtm

But i wasn't even talking about the Shtora to begin with.

well you were mumbling about russian gen2 tanks being somehow at the same level as gen3 tanks. which is laughable

>Abrams in the Middle east.
Monkey models without any armor besides basic slanted metal

you're not very good at this
>nothing unusually many turretless vehicles had low profile
yes, that is why the design was chosen
>hydraulic suspension
yes it is. or well you point out a vehicle that had it in 1960, would you?
>since when an autoloader is a unique feature when russian are churning their millions of tanks with autoloaders
exept this is a well armored MBT, and not a light tank that can be penetrated by a large MG
>what is a APU
noether the 500 hp turbine nor 300 hp piston engine was an APU, the diesel was used for low speed maneuvering and crawling and they were used in tandem for faster movement
>whatever that means
it means the commander can identify an enemy tank quicker, and relay that information to the gunner, or do it all by himself, because he has all controls aswell
>since when an autoloader is a unique feature when russian are churning their millions of tanks with autoloaders
because this one reloads in 3 seconds and not 8-10 and has a 50 round magazine, and not about 25
and the point of the one man crew thing, is that the single man can move, load and fire the gun without leaving his seat, or take his hand of the control stick, so its not a moronic point since he doesnt have to jusp around in a tank, over his dead comrades

oh, and the vehicle cold reverse the same speed backwards, so it coudl fall back while keeping the very efficient frontal armor against the enemy. it even had a backwards driver (normally radio operator)

oops, first autoloader line was supposed to adress the amphibious thing

If this was such a wonderful and well rounded concept then the only question that is left is why has the overall layout been abandoned and wasn't copied by other manufacturers

well, it had absolutely zero move-and-shoot capability. it would have been ideal for defensive operations, but tanks just aren't used defensively anymore

It was a Swedish indigenous design specifically built to fight a defensive war in Sweden. It is made perfect in that role, which makes it shit in all others.

i really want to tell you that you are wrong, and that the S tank can do everything...

but you're right. still a cool vehicle though

your point being? (also considering the timeline the Leopard 2A5 is the correct comparison to the T90 and not 2A4)

>My armor is heavier/larger =/= better

pretty neat

inb4 not a tank

First T-90 1993
first Leo2A5 1998.

>defensive war
so a losing war, then

it would be the case if that pic wasn't manipulated to show t90 in a favorable view, obviously the hull armour is neglected here same as the fact that a T90 counterpart at that time was Leo2A5 not Leo2A4 and 2A5 had installed the armour "wedges" at the front and sides os the turret and and the turret mantle also the EMES-15 has been raised to the top of the turret and the left gap has been eliminated, and the turret armor has been practically doubled and week points eliminated , the only advantage t90 have is that the rear end of the turret is hidden behind the frontal armour while under fire from the side

Also lets not forget the ammo placing in all of the russian tanks was horrendous with shells lying everywhere and crew sitting on the ammo carousel which meant that any penetration with most likely end in spectacular ammo explosion and flying turrets which became the symbol of russian tanks, if this layout wasn't inherently flawed then Russians wouldn't have tried to get away from it with the T14

I can go on man, you got nothing on me

first prototypes made in 1990 and KMW sold first one do Bundeswehr in 1995

Got a source for that bold statement

well, did you expect a country of not even 8 million people to hold off the entire red tide?

our plan was to stall and fuck up ivan as much as possible and most likely convince the Americans to help

I hate to keep using this meme, but it's true. The M1 Abrams in their service are not the same ones in US service. They're export models that don't even have the same kind of armor.

also bump

Those are like the light tanks in Red Alert

doubt it since those are german and not tanks

THIIIIIICCKKERRRRR

It was supposed to be an absolute beast... Too bad they had to make do with what they had and so it was a disaster.

> In 1989 the Kampfwertsteigerung (combat potential increasement) program was initiated in Germany with the delivery of first prototypes. The official military requirements were published in March 1990

>The KWS stage 2 focused on improvements of armour protection and survivability, it was adopted in form of the Leopard 2A5 starting in 1995

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_2

>tfw cant link BW intranet

Tesla tank

youtu.be/Ba3-wXubOn8

Get on my level

>Tanks
>Posts IFV