Its 2016 and all modern car stereos look like they came out of a ricer orgy

Its 2016 and all modern car stereos look like they came out of a ricer orgy.

There is not a single car that these look good in.

Other urls found in this thread:

autospies.com/news/It-s-OFFICIAL-the-LS460-Mark-Levinson-Reference-Surround-Sound-audio-system-is-the-new-industry-standard-9414/
adafruit.com/products/1601?gclid=CjwKEAjwiMe8BRD0ts3Vtv-ohWgSJAAZurk1cWCwV0jExX3EsCKetAhzpkVobnzqOIysQapMfD21qRoC627w_wcB
ebay.com/itm/Denon-DCT-A1-cd-player-CopperChassis-/182210280922?hash=item2a6c943dda:g:yjsAAOSwPc9Wykfd
youtube.com/watch?v=wzZwJjQelmE
revlimiter.net/blog/2012/09/na6-dash-finale-the-radio-post/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah and i dont give a shit

looks like honda faggotry

>other thread crying about head units still in the catalog
You're not going to spend the money it takes to get good sound in a car anyway.

Look for one with adjustable colours then.

Whats your problem with Hondas?

>Installing aftermarket stereos
Go back to the future 90s user.

>stop liking what I can't afford

It's only ever poorfags who use this pathetic argument

Where are your Focal components and JL amps?

>Literally 90% in memefield is under $100

Damn you got me!

Oh, right. You only look at the cheap shit at Walmart.

Budget tier for sure, 6-7" touch screen is all you need for a couple dollars more. Don't cheap out on your equipment

Ugh fuck that I'd rather have what's in the OP

A decent touchscreen HU will be at least 3-4 times what that boombox costs.

>installs aftermarket stereos on old ass cars with shit OEM stereos
>calls other people poor

>2010 FJ is an old ass car
Kek. Okay faggot.

fuck OP

I'm buying one of these right now

>Butthurt autismo who can't understand people who don't think pissing away money on "toons brah"
>Drives a car that only exists to be a less practical 4Runner for image sensitive insecure people
>Thinks a 6 year old Toyota makes him not poor

Lmao everything fits. You're 16 and this is your dad's midlife crisis "I'M NOT A KEK AND AM STILL YOUNG" hand me down isn't it?

KEK

>2010
>2017 models are out now
>not old

Also
>FJ meme cruiser
>6 speaker standard
what a piece of garbage you have there m8

>still worth more than what I paid for it
Post your car. Guarantee the FJ is worth more. That's not even counting my other 2 vehicles.

>drives 30 year old car
>calling 6 year old vehicle old
>thinks FJs are still being made
Same to you, post your car. I'll be waiting.

I'm not getting off my ass to take pictures just to measure dick with someone on the internet.

It's worth more than what I have anyway and have no problem admitting it.

I'm not middle class posing as Nuevo rich so I have NO problem driving my hand me down chevy for 800 a year while investing and enjoying my $2k craigslist dual sport on the weekend.

>calling someone else autistic and poor when you have a busted ass recall machine and someone else's trash
>nuevo
Kek. If you're going to try and use buzzwords to insult me then at least get it right dumbass.

2009 Lexus LS460. See I dont pretend I drive a new car, because I drive an old one. But the difference between me and you is
1. I dont care about driving a 8 year old shitbox
2. My factory speaker setup is better than whatever shit you're throwing into your ugly ass FJ40 retro meme car

I don't pretend to drive a new car, but some dumbass calling 2010 old is pants on head retarded. I guarantee you that Focal K2P components sound better than anything Lexus has put in any of their cars. If I wanted to drive a new vehicle, I'd just go for a drive in my Tundra. I may have to trade it though, it's a 2015.

It's Spanish for the same word "dumbass"
>6 year old Toyota as a wealth indictor
KEK!

>spic in a busted ass old Chevy trying to talk shit
I said it's worth more than your junk, which it is. Go cut my grass, or have you not gotten a trailer for your handmedown yet?

Take this faggotry to where it belongs.

Then report the thread and see if it gets deleted crybaby.

>He doesn't live in a 4br house with his grandma and parents so living expenses are literally sub $200/mo
>Ordering people around like he actually owns a business

sorry to let you down buddy

autospies.com/news/It-s-OFFICIAL-the-LS460-Mark-Levinson-Reference-Surround-Sound-audio-system-is-the-new-industry-standard-9414/

vs pic related

>being proud of being a poor manchild

>reading is hard
Show me a Toyota that comes stock with Focal component sets. But I'm glad that you are happy with your grandma car and think that any stock system will be better than high-end aftermarket.

>S I N G L E D I N
I
N
G
L
E

D
I
N

>He thinks families building generational wealth is a negative attribute.
I see now why you think Toyotas are wealth symbols user.

>generational wealth
>4br house where 3 generations have to live together

Single din is the mark of the poor.

>make a thread about how shitty modern stereos look
>shitposting about the poor ensues

Shit dude at least you got a CD player.
I have a SD slot so it's cool.

>double-din non-touchescreen stereos
fucking poorfags, maybe look elsewhere that isn't your fucking ese's shop eh? there's ton of aftermarket stereos that are not a fucking eyesore.

>literally $60 Chinese shit from aliexpress
Holy fucking kek

>no one posted it.
I am disapoint

>car stereos these days can look like this

Its because that isn't made to look nice, it's made to make 16 year olds want to buy it

You have plenty of nice OEM looking double DIN touchscreen units and non-spaceship single DIN units. Hell you can even retain your factory steering wheel controls now with most aftermarket units.

I have Kenwood aftermarket units in almost all my cars (2 double DIN touchscreens with Nav, 2 single DIN with CD/Bluetooth/Aux/XM, all of them have factory steering wheel control integration

>or this

>Touch screen

Oh great now I have to look at the stereo to operate it

I got something similar from Pioneer but once I found out that I had to pay $130 for map updates it was like a punch in the dick.

That's why you go Kenwood. It's Garmin navigation, and you get lifetime maps and traffic with every head unit

If I ever find a good deal on one that also has CarPlay I'll cop one.

>Pioneer
yep based

Hello.

Work in progress obviously...

im sorry but i like the retro

Kek

>2009 and 2010 cars
>old
Those are brand spanking new on Veeky Forums

Neat.
>over $9000 on eBay

the ultimate

panasonic is not ugly

audiovox me412
find a better looking one
i dare you

using a cd?

How does this work anyway

OEM Stereos for $25 off your local Craigslist a best

Aux cord.
Left and right speaker
Power and ground wire.
Im running 4 speakers on mine. Works great. Plays loud enough that i can have my windows down on the freeway and hear just fine

So anyone know where I can find a simple oled or even a shit numerical lcd screen board thing that simply starts counting time when it receives power?

I want to add it to my "radio"

adafruit.com/products/1601?gclid=CjwKEAjwiMe8BRD0ts3Vtv-ohWgSJAAZurk1cWCwV0jExX3EsCKetAhzpkVobnzqOIysQapMfD21qRoC627w_wcB

>Phones
LEL audiophiles

old 80s toyota high end headunits had this

>Denon
oh baby

ebay.com/itm/Denon-DCT-A1-cd-player-CopperChassis-/182210280922?hash=item2a6c943dda:g:yjsAAOSwPc9Wykfd

>adafruit.com/products/1601?gclid=CjwKEAjwiMe8BRD0ts3Vtv-ohWgSJAAZurk1cWCwV0jExX3EsCKetAhzpkVobnzqOIysQapMfD21qRoC627w_wcB

Thats QUITE a bit different, I was thinking more a stopwatch, but I may just have to build something. which will never happen.

samefag here
i got this radio FREE! when i bought this cuck car
FREE
REEE

>bluetooth connectivity
>ipod and aux connectivity
>can make and receive calls
>DAB radio
>changes colour
>control via steering wheel.

Only thing is that I can't see fucking shit when there's daylight. Looks nice during night time drives.

>double DIN pocket
>not getting an android device with a touchscreen
ISHYGDDT

>89719▶
> (You)
that shit cost like at least 100 yurobucks
i aint paying that money

im planning on buying cup holders, yeah thatd be cool

>getting one of the cheap ones
400 germonies or more
i wish i could replace the shitty screen in my falcon with an android unit

I TOLD YOU YOU FUCKER IT COSTS AT LEAST 100!!!!
I DONT HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY !!!!!!

kek, have you considered work?

Double-din is the mark of niggers

>wanting a touchscreen
Touchscreens on everything are the ugly end of modern technology and all of the amazing things it can do. Touch screens are shit. They belong on useless shit like ipads and nowhere else. They provide no feedback, make your screen get filthy from normal use even if you wash your hands compulsively, are easily confused by a little moisture on your fingers, often lag or fail to respond to a touch and require you to look at them to use them. Touch screens were shit 20 years ago and they're shit now. I hate every smart phone I try, I wish I could find one with a physical keyboard and a little touchpad/trackball like the old blackberry phones. Touch screens in a car are FULL FUCKING RETARD. Car regulations are too plenty and restrictive now but I would fully support the banning of touch screens in cars to require interfaces that have obvious tactile feedback like KNOBS AND BUTTONS.

Holy shit, people still put aftermarket radios in their cars?

>it's 2016
C'MON

>spending money to put a good sound system in a shitbox where it has to compete with road and wind noise

Seriously, why?

If you want a nice sound system, get a luxoboat, and those come with great stereos anyway.

These are garbage, a truck I bought on cl had one in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzZwJjQelmE

are those really worth it? they cost a lot as an option

>wanting a decent sounding stereo is wrong if your car isn't a luxobarge
>decent sound is expensive

You have the logic skills of an illiterate spearchucking tribesman.

I like mine, which is good since I'll never be able to replace it.

>being this fucking buttblasted over what types of stereos other people have in their autos
Also you do know the fact that you can purchase a perfectly fine tactile phonewith modern features if you're that so autistic in not getting a touchscreen phone
>touchscreens 20 years ago
nigger, what, touchscreen divices weren't widely used until the early 2000s unless you were a fucking millionaire to spend like $5000 for a fucking PDA in the 90s.
Also most stereo touchscreens nowadays are built with anti-smudge, matte screens that do not make fingerprints visible and easy to see in shitty lighting.
Furthermore, the fact that most touchscreen stereos still include knobs and are mostly used as a screen for backup cameras and GPS systems.
tl;dr
kys

revlimiter.net/blog/2012/09/na6-dash-finale-the-radio-post/

as always, the best solution is /diy/

I had a Pioneer similar to that one.
I had the choice of going with a touchscreen but it was going in my P71 and the physical buttons felt alot nicer. I have a Lincoln with a Touchscreen now and I like it but that's because it's a high end one. Most that you'll see in cars have laggy interfaces

My Lincoln has a Honda radio
When I pulled the radio it came with I saw the wiring was soldered onto the daisy chained remnants of about three previous harnesses. That thing must have had 3 different radios

honda radios do not sound great from my memory.

Eww, what the fuck why? Even if you drive a poorfag-mobile like that, it'd be less work and more appealing to just get a 50$ Pioneer mounted there.

I can only imagine how clearly distorted that shit sounds even on the shit speakers you must have in whatever the fuck you're driving.

It sounds great mang.
I have zero complaints.
Dont knock it till you try it

You're white trash and just one of those faggots who refuses to use new technology because it scares you. I bet you sit at home watching reruns of Happy Days on a shit japanese CRT from the 80's because "things used to be better in the olden days".

I despise people like you.

I've seen this before. That shitbox must be on the SQ level of 2$ headphones from walmart.

I mean, nigger, you have a perfectly good, empy DIN-slot right there, is your autism seriously on such a high level that you can't just put something there. Those tiny 2-ch aux-thingamagics are fucking useless and you're making holes in the panels for it.

You. Are. Retarded.

>has never heard it
>is passing judgment like an autist
Hahahah

I don't need to, I can already hear the clipping judging by the fucking gray plastic shitbox you're driving XDDD:DX:D:D:DDDD