ITT: Cars you find attractive but other find ugly

ITT: Cars you find attractive but other find ugly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VvBorFqRRd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP, I love you.

I've got an 87 TC that's about to get a 302.

I used to think they were ugly. I bought one anyway. now I think they are goofy looking but i do love em.

Styled by Pininfarina™

I own one. It's beautiful. You have good taste.

theres one always parked on the street on my way to work every day, beautiful in red, great looking car

Wouldn't it be more difficult to service a car like that?

They're notoriously hard to work on. And that's before getting to the retarded layout. It's a longitudinal FWD layout, which normally would be perfectly fine... except it isn't. The front of the engine is against the firewall and the transaxle is by the radiator. It was turbocharged, but the tranny couldn't handle any power above what the engine made stock.

It is pretty though.

...........who actually thinks that the Supra is ugly? In most people's opinion the Supra's designs epitomizes Toyota's mild-mannered-and-functional design language; it's not otherworldly, but it's not painfully uncreative.

You mean the hood opening that way? no, i find it easier. My tr-6 and my old 240z where the same way, with the saab though, the tops of the fenders come up as well. It makes things extremely easy to get to. However the saab engine is in backwards.. so that creates its own problems, but that has nothing to do with the hood opening.

>They're notoriously hard to work on
I think that is only because people are used to working on things one way and do not want to learn anything new. Apart from changing the timing chain, i find it easier to work on than just about anything else.

>who actually thinks that the Supra is ugly?
I kinda do. I don't think it's ugly per-say, but I do think it looks incredibly fat. Like those morbidly obese women who walk around in yoga pants.

a lot of people surprisingly don't like boxy cars.

Everyone I've ever seen on the internet thinks it's ugly as sin.

I don't agree with them, but I've consistently found myself in the minority.

Well i can't challenge your perception but i always thought of Supras as being the ultimate in THICC car bodies... rivalling the modern 911s

It's because people hate the fanbase. The car itself is fantastic.

I don't get people who think it looks fat in the first place. If you've ever seen one in person they're lithe as fuck; they only appear "thick" in photos because of the proportions and (usually) nothing of relative size to compare to give it perspective.

The turbo coupe never gets any love even though its an amazing car to drive

Its one of, if not, the most underrated car

Love Pacers. Sincerely don't understand why people consider them unsightly. My favorite AMC.

Tfw can't find a pristine Turbo Chrysler K-wagon

Muh dick

Man that's my exact old car. Rip

>WV
Yo senpai, where you at?

That looks surprisingly nice, one of the better looking cars from the late 80's-early 90's

Nice to see someone else appreciates the turbo bird.
i don't know why people don;t like the look of these gen civics. they have aged well in my opinion.
Id personally change the wheels otherwise i like it.
Agreed, wish Cadillac would make another convertible. i also liked the XLR.
Renault makes great looking hatches and this one is probably one of the best in my opinion along with the Clio Williams and V6 Clios (i saw a mid-engine'd twingo but i'm not sure if that was real or not)
I'm one of the few who likes them absolutely cosmetically stock.
I like the look of the Aztek and the Juke.
The rear kinda reminds me of Homer's green sports-car on the final stage in the Simpsons Hit & Run game (which i thought was cool).
These were built around rotaries but never got them. look great all the same.
Looks like they started with a muscle car and decided to go hatch halfway through (which is fine by me)

My pick would be the C4 Corvette. people say they are ugly and are the ugliest of all the Corvettes but i loved the way they looked especially as they got later in the production cycle. The interiors of the later models looked great and i'm not sure why they stopped with the driver's focused interiors only to bring them back in the C7. despite how old the C4 generation was going into the 90s it still looked nice next to the other sports-cars of the era inside and out in my opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=VvBorFqRRd0
Id own a ZR1 even today.

The last American land yacht.

I have the opportunity to buy one at 240,000 km, for 2 thousand dollars, but i will have 1800 by next month and i need to pay a 13% tax to transfer ownership cos fucking communist ass government.

This shit explains why high school kids are so liberals, they've never had to pay taxes.

>20% income tax
>13% just to transfer owner ship
>Plus processing fee

What the fuck are you charging tax for if you need processing fee? Fucking, they're government workers, they get paid by taxes anyway.

Welcome to our world mate we pay even more

>Buy car for $4000
>le $1000 (pinkslip) rego fee per year + $200 for change of ownership and shit

The newer models, 06, 07, are great.

I've owned two with canvas tops, the car just looks bald without it

Ausfallia? Yea i live in Cuckada.

At least we're not as bad as you are, though we're on the way.

The one i found is a 03.

But i saw another ad for a 06, but that was CLEARLY a taxi and i don't want to deal with that.

Also the 03 was a really loved car, clearly based on how well it's been kept.

Personally prefer hard tops.

First-Gen Oldsmobile Aurora (1995-1999), especially from the rear.

seconded.

Honestly, I think they look bigger in person than in photos. It has all the imposing presence that the NSX and the Elise lack. Like the Corvette, it's one of the few "attainable supercars" that doesn't appear comically small in person.

Third generation Taurus. I love the spaceshippy look.

Maybe because I used to own one, but I really like the looks of this specific model.

it's just a rebadged mustang...

I like everything in this thread except for those 4. I don't even find them ugly, just very bland and unexciting. Except for the Taurus. That's ugly.

>1997 - 2001 Camry

One of the comfiest and most reliable machines ever built.

I prefer the Zx2.

Which means fuck all regarding its appearance

Mine was fucking unreliable until I sold it to my brother, but holy shit it was fucking comfortable.

>Cars you find attractive but other find ugly.

my knee grows

Toyota really does need to return to their 90s engineering philosophy. That time period itself is responsible for the CAMRY RELIABILITY meme

You mean honda realizing that it doesn't have to make good cars anymore and can just live on it's reputation?

GM, FERD and all the Muricans ROLLING in too much dollars to care if their cars sucked?

Toyota taking advantage of that, and JUST making a CHEAP simple car?

Yes, Honda has been resting on it laurels for quite some time now.
>Cheap, Simple
Yes, and don't forget solidly built, long lasting and RELIABLE. Again, there is a reason why even in criticism of Toyota's relatively safe and uninventive designs,people never miss acknowledging the longevity of their products.

>tfw your car has been to more countries than you have

Toyota is also now living on it's reputation though. Rav4 has more issues than it's competition for example.

Funny, cos Honda got it's act back together, with the second gen fit.

Ford is doing better than ever, not even memeing but ecoboost is a great idea. Also those fuel efficient fun cars.

GM is making world cars, don't even know what they're trying to do. But the cars are selling.

Chrysler and Fiat are... Fuck if i know.

Sos ur mum but we thought you knew that mate

>ecoboost is a great idea

I'm driving an F-150 with the 3.5L EcoBoost, holy shit that motor puts the “pickup” in “pickup truck”

Suzuki Swift especially the rear light design

Not just the sho, but all the older Taurus models

such cases

>seven for sale in the entire country
>priced between 10k and 20k
JUST

:(

Make it 8. Mines for sale for 6k

I doubt we're from the same country.

Yeah, despite being euro town car is my favorite limo.

Why the fuck don't you have two thousand fucking dollars saved up?

This is the only gen Camaro I like. The rest of them just don't appeal to me.

Reminds me of the Citroen XM, same styling.

First car was an 83. Lots of fond memories about crushing ass in the back seat.

I take it they were havig an off day.

Who the fuck finds this car ugly?

Tasteless cunt detected.

much like my typing

two old cunts i was standing beside at a rally in scotland

ford capri

No way that Aston Martin was being serious. This look is just the design equivalent of an cheeky shitpost.

Who the fuck thinks the trans am looks ugly? If anything they look more beastly than they really are

The Trans Am is fucking hideous compared to the Camaro. And the popups look like they forgot to attach half the parts or completely ran out of money halfway into designing them.

At first I thought they were hideous but over time I've come to like it. I think for some people it's like an acquired taste.

It's really just the hood scoops and spoiler that don't look quite right. Otherwise it's a very slick looking car.

Yeah no, especially if we're talking about 4th gens, camaro is 10x uglier than trans am

Yeah no. Go fuck yourself and take those nostrils and $5 popups with you.

Widebodied so I can occupy two parking spaces

No the same year camero looks like a stratus, they aren't just boring and unnoticed.
I've never had trouble recognizing a Pontiac
Depends on the trim, the trim posted is by far the best, still way better looking than a camero of the same year

pic related with a cummins swap for maaaaad coal roll

Yours? Sweet Ronals

some of you people aren't even posting ugly cars, just cars nobody has heard of
and others are just posting their favorite sports car
fucking dumb thread

I wish I could find a '93 around here

This, became apparent when user posted a trans am

You're alright