Has anyone on here every bought parts off of rockauto...

Has anyone on here every bought parts off of rockauto? I need to replace pretty much all of the exhaust and a rear wheel bearing on my shitty cavalier and I could save a ton of money ordering through these guys. Just feels too good to be true.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2015/02/28/10-oddest-jc-whitney-auto-accessories/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Used them multiple times. Everything's always arrived within a week and has been exactly as described.

I've also ordered from them multiple times and I don't have any complaints.

Word. Thanks guys.

Self Service shop I do alot of my work at orders through them, always came in within 3-5 days and parts are what they say they are. No complaints over here.

I've bought from them a couple of times and I have nothing bad to say.

Take the parts numbers to amazon if you have prime, prime usually has the stuff a few dollars more expensive but you save on the shipping.

Do you guys happen to know if they ship overseas?
It's kinda hard to find pontiac parts in Sweden.

Just make sure you only buy the stuff with hearts beside them. Otherwise you might get some cheap shit that's only good for a few months. Doing your axles every six months bc the cheap rubber CV boot rots is not fun

Don't buy the cheapest shit.

The kicker about rock auto is you can find the best name brand stuff for less than anywhere else.

I got all the part numbers off my mechanic so I'm not too worried about that. I'm already saving close to 900$ off buying on there so a few extra dollars for quality isn't a problem.

I believe they do yes.

Ordered tons of shit through them, never had an issue, always shipped on time and never gave me the wrong shit.

Thanks m8

>tfw poor little t5 is giving out on me

Why not JC Whitney which is also affiliated with usautoparts.com and carparts.com? Is JC Whitney nothing but a chinese knock-off parts reseller?

autoblog.com/2015/02/28/10-oddest-jc-whitney-auto-accessories/

So, JC Whitney sells a left foot gas pedal and an in-car coffee maker. Where does ll the hot water go if there is a collision?

Yep just got some rotors.

Rockauto is great. Ordered all my bushings and ball joints from them. I like how they list all the parts in different grades. Always gotten what they promised. If you look around you should be able to fine a 20% off coupon.

Ordered at least 12 things from them. All arrive either on time or earlier, and come exactly as described. Never had an issue everything gets shipped and works.

You also get a free magnet with a car on it that was built via rock auto parts

>tfw ordered $300 worth of parts from Rockauto today

warranty claims through them can be a pain, so don't get the cheapest stuff, get a cheap quality part or wait until wholesalers clearance so it's at least dirt cheap and doesn't matter if it fails

ordered a couple door handles from them. was pretty straightforward. came in a few days. no complaints

>warranty claims through them can be a pain

How are warranty claims a pain at Rockauto?

Does Rockauto basically ignore you? Or do they just do some "stealership" move and find a way to disqualify the warranty for that part?

This is a good question. I've never had any issues with their parts but it would be good to know just on case.

>I could save a ton of money ordering through these guys

Why is rockauto.com so much cheaper? Is it because they are the "harbor freight" of auto parts sourcing all their copied knock-off parts from china? Or are they originally a china-owned company like harbor freight?

im guessing its because most auto parts stores do not sell a huge amount of product so they go for a Low volume - high profit margin model to make their money. Rockauto does tons of business so they can afford to move a very high volume of product with low profit margins to make their money.

Their prices used to be rock bottom a few years ago, but lately I've noticed the same parts on Amazon, Ebay, or other vendors are cheaper sometimes. Rockauto has a nice catalog that makes it easy to look up the parts, but before you buy from them just dump the brand and part number into Google and see if it's cheaper somewhere else.

Ive ordered tons of stuff over the last 10 years or so. 1 order messed up ever and somehow it shipped by fedex and it ended up at my post office. No clue how that happened but a quick email after the parts didnt show up and they expedited shipping for me for free and parts showed up in a couple days. Think the problem was on the shippers end and not rockauto.

I ordered from them before there prices are good on somethings. But Amazon was cheaper for me this time.

I was assuming they don't need a bunch of staff, they just move the product without having the whole actual stores which costs money and they just ship straight from the warehouses. Less people to pay

I think they're like Amazon - they don't actually sell anything themselves, they just combine all the cheapest independent retailers into one marketplace.

>I think they're like Amazon - they don't actually sell anything themselves

Amazon does sell a huge amount themselves. They have vast automated warehouses all over the world. Some are big enough to drive cars inside to get from one end to another. While not as big in air-space volume as Boeing's main factory, you could say they are wider in square foot space since Boeing had to build both tall and wide in order to have massive cranes overhead of the tallest sections of a 747 tail. Clouds form in that building and rain falls down.

Dang, I want to see amazon's latest horticulture rare plant HQ (being built in seattle downtown area) on a tour when it opens up. That Jeff Bezos has been remarkably loyal to the seattle area instead of moving to some cheaper low tax place.

>I think they're like Amazon
Rockauto is not like Amazon. Rockauto is primarily about taking orders and having suppliers do the shipping to the customer for most things. Because rockauto doesn't touch those products, it doesn't seem to believe in honoring the warranty for them. So it drags its feet and hopes you go away after waiting a year in vain. Which you do. Small claims court needs to be filed in rockauto's area, so you have to travel to them and then file there. After all your expenses (which are not reimbursed) you might win, or you might not since rockauto has your returned part you sent back without using certified mail. All they have to do is hit the part with a hammer and then say you returned a damaged part thus the warranty is void. There you go. Chinese honesty in business just like in homeland China.

They do some of the warranty fulfillment in house, but not all. Which is helpful because on the FAQ it says to always contact the part supplier for warranty claims.
If it's an outside vendor that actually isn't a single chinaman in a shack the warranty should be good (or not, depending on the vendor), but I just wanted the warranty info for a radiator that sprung a leak in 6 months, and it was listed as having a two year warranty. other than that info, getting anything was like pulling teeth
>finding the warranty process info is impossible, it's not listed on their site
>emailing them was not helpful, as they told me to look at the FAQ where it was 100% not listed
>and then when i pointed this out they told me to fill out a return request and to note that it is for a warranty claim
>this took two days
>went and bought a $10 bottle of stop leak instead
tl:dr rockauto warranties are the same as returns

I've replaced a bunch of parts on my vw. It's saved my ass from blowing a ton of money at the dealer.

I got it inspected at the dealer when I bought it, and I got an itemized list of stuff that they said was broken and wanted to replace. Whole thing totaled out at $3200.

I've replaced almost everything on that list through rock auto, plus done some extra tune up stuff the dealer would have charged me more for.

Over the 3 months I've had it, I've only spent 950 on it. That includes labor for the few fluid jobs I wanted done by a good mechanic I know, and some extra stuff. Like replacing the old junky struts with quick struts for 410, when the dealer wanted 450 to replace the old crap rubber mounts alone.

I'll keep using rockauto till I get a good reason not too. Just check on and buy popular heart stuff and try to avoid Chinese shit as much as possible.

>implying the heart items aren't the china tier goods
lel git gud
>highlight the brand name
>left click
>search Google for...

what kind of vw is worth this small fortune? a phaeton? one of those v8 passats?

Their model is very good. I for example, needed a master cylinder for an 82-84 Camaro V8 with 4 wheel discs. Not exactly a common part, it's completely different from the front disc/rear drum master cylinder, and 95% of them had drums. Instead of this master cylinder sitting around in an auto parts store forever because nobody needs one in that area, Rockauto buys it up and lists it nationally, so the 10 people that need one nationwide can find it and buy it.

Instead of ordering one from NAPA for $130 like I was going to, I was able to get an EIS brand (very good) from Rock for $22.72.

I order nearly everything through them if I can't get it through Amazon Prime.

Rockauto needs to work on shipping.
>One control arm from warehouse A, $44
>Other control arm from B, $32
>Rest of package from C, $73

Usually order as much as I can through one warehouse and everything else through Amazon / Autovalue

>Magnets galore

>these amount of shills
Look at all these replies. Does any of them look like written by Veeky Forums posters? Maybe 1 or 2 blend in with shills
You read them you get the same feeling when reading shady online shopping reviews

>it's impossible for someone to have a good experience with a company and want to tell other people about their good experience without being paid to share it

I like them, get the most expensive part first then try and get things from the same warehouse, shipping is were they get you. I once ordered new hubs for my minivan and recieved 3 correct hubs and one for a pontiac aztec. customer service handled it quickly through email though.

I don't think any company bothers to pay people to advertise on this board, everyone is poor and only a dozen or so kids actually own cars

Bought Chinese ceramic brake pads for $30. Best brakes I've had.

It would be nice if they had more detailed descriptions for their parts but other than that no complaints.

Don't those types of chinese brake pads cause more rotor wear than normal? Someone at the brake/tire/align shop told me about how different pads had different amounts of wear on the rotors as he was making settings to see how much turning was needed. But it was in one ear out the other for me so I can't remember what he told me.

I've ordered from them a couple times.

I've ordered parts from them four times. I had three perfect orders. The last one they sent me mismatched brakes that were already used.

I used to have good luck with them, but lately they've been fucking up my orders more and more.

>but lately they've been fucking up my orders more and more.
That may happen when they add new suppliers who are newbies at packing and shipping out orders. They have no QC checking, so if they have "it's just a job" parts pickers, you'll get the wrong part if they have all the similar products jumbled together on the same shelf. They don't have the same infrastructure and space (both vertical and horizontal) like Amazon in their warehouses where things are placed in their own zones.

>The last one they sent me mismatched brakes that were already used.

The means Rockauto simply restocks returns and tries to sell them to the buyer in hopes that they keep them because it is too much trouble to return or the part is needed badly enough that even the used part will be kept by the "customer" (i.e. victim).

That means Rockauto carelessly restocks returns and tries to sell them to the next buyer. And if returns are so much trouble, they hope the buyer keeps the part. Or a delay forces the buyer to use the part anyways because the car must be fixed fast no matter what.

>How are warranty claims a pain at Rockauto?
this

Well a few days ago my dad ordered a 75$ cheapest replacement part. Today he is notified that said part is out of stock, so he gets the better quality part and 2 day shipping for no additional cost.

Bought a window motor assembly and a battery cable from them, came in on time and works fine

Check amazon first though, some things on their website are cheaper then what rockauto has

No overhead of brick and mortar store. See Tire Rack, Amazon (books) and a bazillion others for reference.

As others have said:
Orders are on time or early.
Great prices (BMW motorcycle headlamp bulb... $90 at the dealer. $15 for 2 at the Rock)

And their catalog is very, very accurate. I have never returned anything.
Multiple grades of stuff.

I've dealt with then on numerous occasions.
They carry everything from OEM to chinkshit and they prices are really good.
10/10 approval

Those FUCKING FUCKERS forget to include the magnet 3 out of 5 times
Once I ordered a few hundred dollars worth of parts that came in a few separate shipments/boxes
ONLY ONE of the boxes had magnets
TWO
IDENTICAL
FUCK!

Otherwise, good selection of parts, good customer support, low prices, fast shipping, no question returns

But I'm still pissed about the magnets.

If it's a rare part and says "stocked in outlying warehouse" does that actually mean out of stock.? Because literally nobody else has the calipers I need and I'm suspicious that they will.

if it's on the website, they have it
if they don't have it, they won't charge you
most you have to lose is a day or two

i usually get stuff from them that i cant find anywhere else
also they sell headlights super cheap for my car
i expected them to turn yellow after a year or two but its been five and they still look clear

I'd say out of my last 20 orders, only 5 have had magnets. Not sure what's up with that.

Rockauto is fine, no complaints. Build a cart, add shipping then comparison shop elsewhere.

That's called FedEx Smart Post

The Home Delivery arm of Ground normally drops those off for your postal carrier to deliver.

They come out of the boxes after being handled a few times, If I find em, I take 'em home. Half the magnets I have are because of this. Giving them to QA Person is essentially trashing them because they will not search for a needle in a haystack.

They do. My friend has bought a lot of stuff from them and they came on time. We're in Chile.

My dad fixes up a shit load of volvos to get some extra cash and uses rockauto at least twice a month. He uses them so much they give him discounts every now and then. Yeah they're good.

I'm just pissed they dropped the eu market cars

I use them for everything non-OEM or performance related. They're almost always the cheapest and the time to get your stuff is ridiculous. I had to replace the radiator, hoses, and thermostat on my brothers CR-V yesterday and the stuff arrived the day after he ordered it.

Anyone here bought from Carid . com?