Truckerfag Thread - Hazmat Endorsement Master Race Edition

What are you hauling and how dead are you when you crash?

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

previous bread

FIRTS

My first job out of school is hauling hazardous tankers. Its mostly class 8 corrosives like sulfuric acid. The drivers is responsible for unloading 3/4 times. I'm 21 and new to the industry........how fucked am I?

1. Steel Products
2. Pretty ded

Putzmeister telebelt
No seat belt so probably squished

And nothing of value was lost

i dunno. that truck might have been worth a couple of bucks.. and they are gona be pissed that steel got scratched..

How did this happen

Not enough load securement + hitting the brakes.

>about to get loaded
>tells me to dock it and hands me pic related
>whenever their done the buzzer will go off, then come inside

Well hot damn. You mean I can do in peace and not have to worry about someone banging on the door at the worst time imaginable? Or I can even take a nap and not have to worry about falling asleep for three hours after I get the green light again?

>not loading yourself
>not commanding pleb workers how to load you

Alro steel in potterville mich does the same thing. But the office doesnt communicate with the dock. So when you pull up to the door you have to explain why youre there.

I assume that's pretty dilute acid, hopefully. I work at a chemical plant and when we get 98% sulfuric acid delivered the truck driver hands over his truck and then goes far away while our own operators unload for him.

One poor bastard does the unloading and nobody else is allowed within like 25 feet.

>tanker truck of 98% sulfuric acid
FUCK
THAT
SHIT

I'M HERE TO HAUL SHIT AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM, AND I'M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM

>350 mile deadhead
>1400 loaded
>11 hours left on 70
Hmmmmm

Kek

The last time i was there i just handed them the bills and refused to move until i got the all clear to pull in and unload.

>driving down the highway
>see this
ah hell no

Not very fucked. Make sure you have the proper PPE and ensure you know a) how to operate all the equipment on your trailer, and b) the unloading procedure for each customer. If you don't know, ask.

When you're dealing with corrosives, it's better to feel like an idiot for a few minutes than to look like one for the rest of your life.

They trust dude to drive this stuff across the country at 65mph, but god forbid he hooks up a couple hoses. Topkek.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind somebody else unloading it. One less thing to worry about.

Are truckers except from jury duty? I got a summons.

What's the advantage of a split-axle trailer when compared to a tandem axle?

Time enough for a reset in transit?

... explosives? Or bomb? Wait, would that mean nuke?

A Costco DC I've delivered at does the same thing. Shit was cash.

Am curious about this, as well. Forgot to respond to mine but luckily was not ordered to appear.

With the spread axle i can weigh up to 40,000 lbs on the trailet axles.

I got one about 10 years ago. My mom called them and said i was a trucker. They excused me.

20,000lb limit per axle since they're spread apart. Tears up tires quick if you don't have a lift axle on one of them though.

How do i get haz mat? How many questions? Then do you go get piss tested and finger printed or just finger printed?

I haul doors. Fairly light but can't strap them down hard because they'll snap nor go hectic since they topple easy. Not ded at all.

>Certainteed

Ask your company about jury duty. Wasn't a trucking job but a company I worked for had a policy for jury duty right in the handbook.

What?

>1750 miles
>roughly 30 hours driving time
>11 on 70

You got 19 hours coming back on the recaps over the next couple days? No problem.

Technically no. You're supposed to contact the court and see if you can be excused, or at least rescheduled, but they don't HAVE to excuse you. Otherwise everybody would suddenly be a trucker when they got a summons.

I don't know what's in the trailer. I was asleep when we got loaded in El Paso.

Have fun telling that to the Russian Mafia when that load of heroin you've got comes up short.

>other drivers will hate you

'struth

>stop at rest area for 30
>giant metallic green fly buzzing around me incessantly while I try to pinch a loaf
>fuck off fly jesus
>fucker's so huge he sounds like a constant electrical buzz
>finishing up, notice fly has vanished
>reach (with my foot) for flush knob and notice there's an even more gargantuan fly on it
>fuck off nigger, wind up a brick breaker kick
>giant fly-thing skitters away across the wall
>it's a jumping spider with the fly in its jaws
>predation happened 2 inches behind my back while shitting
>salute spiderbro

Interesting.
I have noticed lift axles on split-axle trailers, but rarely. Is it because they cost more?

>most drivers probably despise each other
>still muster the will to generally be polite to one another
I guess this is okay...

For as long as APU has fuel? I imagine APUs use a consistent amount of fuel regardless of electrical load.
>tfw not APU-master-race

Do OTR drivers take a 34 hour reset every 7/8 days?

It's totally because they cost more. Regarding APUs, I've been told they do indeed sip more fuel when you put a heavy load on them, but I doubt it's much.

Let me rephrase this question.. Can I take a 34 hour reset every 7 days if I want ? Because I would want to

Yes

I ask this because I need my video games.. I want to do some serious gaming during my restart and I just want to make sure I'll get those every 7 days or w/e

depending on your dispatcher this will be quite doable just be sure to fuck up your hours alot so they cant pull the "but you have 47 minutes left and 12 after midnight" bullshit

Am I missing something? How do you know how many hours I'm getting back?

My brother takes his 34 hour restart every single week. That's actually the first thing he asked the company for before joining. He told them he wanted his 34 every week and they agreed no problem.

So yeah, don't be a cuck and speak up. Tell them you want that restart.

>Am I missing something?
Apparently. The 70 hour rule is a running total so the hours you used eight days ago fall off your log at your midnight of the morning of the 9th day and so become available for you to use. This continues every day.

Elogs calculate it for you and you can look in the Summary tab for currently available hours along with the 7-days tab to see what hours you ran eight days ago that will be coming back to you at midnight. Paper logs, you look back 8 days ago for the same info but IIRC you're supposed to be filling out the Recap line every day which tells you the same thing (haven't done paper in like, evar)

So basically you calculate the run time, figure how many days it's going to take to get the load done, look at your Available hours, and then look in your history for how many hours you're going to get back in the same time frame that the load requires and figure out if you have the hours available to do it. If you're on elogs a good dispatcher will have already looked at it and calculated that you're good on hours before assigning the load but you can't count on that. Always know for yourself.

I thought was stating I was getting 19 hours back not asking.

I'm coming for you pepsi, you ain't ready for this

Ayy I'll be in Miami land tomorrow.

/tfg/ meetup when?

We have important matters to discuss in the direction of this thread. With 3-4 archons present we can accomplish anything.

Race down the Turnpike when?

I have seen Gundam's Skyline bro right by my plant before.

> tfw you will never spitroast a lizard with your tfg bros

why even live famalam

Ask someone learning truck driving from Swift anything.

Why swift ? Did you not hear how bad they were before signing up?

They're fine. After my first week I have no complaints

Feel like you all over exaggerate

Just wait until you get going by yourself. You will end up with some shitty paychecks, especially in the beginning.

>tfw Whiney thought Swift would be great because he got on that dedicated account

I don't expect it to be great. I expect everything to be average at best. But I don't have many/any expenses anyways, and I also have a friend that I will be team driving with after my mentor.

Making low money for awhile isn't that big of a deal for me, and there were many worse companies out there to get stuck with.

So, did anyone get stuck in that huge pile-up West of Memphis on I-40 yesterday?

I drove by it as I was heading east. Cars were lines up for miles and barely moving.

How long do you think you'll go before you make your first fuck-up?

if they are teaching him right hes already fucked up at least twice.

>tfw 18k lbs in trailer
>tfw leisurely shifting at 1150rpm on each gear because I can

Yeah because you've only been there a week.

This senpai. Even on a dedicated it's barely better tha. regular drop and hook shit.

Wew lads. Finished phase 1 training with PTL. The skill test had me nervous as fuck but I passed. I'm taking a week off and then starting phase 2 training which will run about 5 or 6 weeks. After p2 I can drive solo. Can't wait, families.

this truck truck is mine

it was made for me

drr drr

Nice cuckbox

>meat
>dead like an unarmed black man with his hands up in front of 20 cops with their guns drawn

also

>be me
>dead in sleeper
>feel truck slowing down hard
>dafuq
>brakes set
>PRIMEFAG GRAB A FIRE EXTINGUISHER
>grab my camera of course
>he stopped to put out a tire fire on a uhaul on the side of the road
>took our 30 there
>have to pee bad
>decide to kingpin it
>apparently Utah HP was behind us
>didn't know
>finish the deed
>crawl out from under the truck
>UHP walks by 10 seconds later
>we pull away
>mfw pissed on the side of the road in front of cops and got away with it

that took me a minute.. thought it was an old photo of my truck at werner. then i saw the fake wood

Damn that's a really nice pic

So now you have no working extinguisher for when you catch on fire.

I would have drove right past.

Who's the nigger

Thankfully not everyone is a sack of shit parasite like you

We had two on the truck

He's my bro-driver

faggot

Not my fault another driver doesnt have adequate saftey devices in their car.

Instead they like a parasite rely on others for it.

Sorry I live in a capitalist world.

>Willingly associating with niggers

I know who the faggot is

Prime will make you pay for that fire extinguisher.

He most probably is a nigger too. Only niggers and retarded white boys are dumb enough to drive for prime.

Certified on nuclear waste.
If I survive at least I'll never have to buy a flashlight.

back to /pol/ stormfag

who cares fire extinguishers are cheap

how poor are you to be sweating a fire extinguisher

Bro you guys saved the car. Good job.

>how poor are you to be sweating a fire extinguisher

Thats alot of money when you are a truck driver

this.
what type of retard doesnt have a fire extinguisher, you can buy small ones for fuck all

The main problem is when the faggot whos shit you stopped from burning, sues you for the damage caused by the powder

can you do the 34 hour restart at a struck stop? Or will they kick you out

Looking at the list, its seems theres not alot of good places with terminals in southern California

Can you trucker bros give me the straight dope on what company i should use to start trucking?

>that prelude
I wanna fuck that car.

>none of the good companies have terminals in the people's republic
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT TELL YOU

ok... which companies have relocation pay

>kingpin it

whats that

it means he snugged in between the back of the sleeper and the trailer and pissed on the truck. essentially pissing on the kingpin.
none. also there is no good place in cali.
or the more hilarious safety fires you for improper use of a fire extinguisher (i.e. ever)
depends on the place, usually no. if its pay2park theyll probably make you pay a second night i do most of my restarts that way. unless theres like a hotel directly across the street or im at one of the yards with a hotel nearby

It means he is a grub. Could have just pissed between the duals like everyone else. The mechanics most probably rub their cocks on his steering wheel for having to deal with the stench of urine when they get under to grease his truck.

get with werner/swift it's all we have in this godforsaken state, just don't lease/buy a truck PERIOD.

Get shit on for a year from whichever mega you work for then get out out this state.

We have a yard in Fontana and hire newbs, 2-4 weeks with a trainer and you will be on your own unless you suck.

Andrustrans.com

Used my doubles/triples endorsement for the first time the other day, got to drive our milk tanker from the shop back to the yard, one of the few times a year I drive a proper manual transmission

What is the max legal weight for that quad dog trailer?

No one will care unless it's pay to park, and then it's fine as long as you keep paying.

Wtf are you talking about, it seems like every fleet in the western states has a yard in Fontana or somewhere near there

Sure, they want you there buying stuff.

Awesome! Good for you, man!

Tfw my wife wants to get her CDL and drive team.

Anyone here use satnav? Where you put in your height, weight length and it sorts the route out for you?