ITT: Rare classics that have been riced out

ITT: Rare classics that have been riced out.

Only the most offensive ricer jobs please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V-BL7G5m98M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Rare classics that have been riced out.
ie: every single "restomod"

>hating restomods
yeah man cars should never be driven

ITT: Rare classics that have been riced out.
every "hotrod" ever

>implying you can't make a car your own and drive it without turning it into a gaudy piece of shit

restomods aren't ricing you idiot

you don't need to further destroy a car to drive it

go link me a restomod that isn't just as tacky as a ricer car
c'mon you can do it

This.
Modernizing the suspension and drivetrain of a classic so that it can keep up with new cars is awesome. Hideous bodykits and stupid wheels are not.

Honestly that car is neither very rare nor is that a particularly ruined example. The hood scoop is retarded but the rest I'm OK with.

They're ruining the original character either way. If you build or buy a restomod you might as well admit that you're not interested in the actual car, you just want to drive a modern car that looks like an old car.

I think you just have a very different very wrong idea of what a restomod is

youtube.com/watch?v=V-BL7G5m98M

that's objectively not true though, you talk like someone who has never worked on a car before

Yeah, instead you are interested in a car that doesn't exist, so you need to work a bit to make it a reality. It is progressive instead of conservative.

The majority of restomods I have seen have been tacky as fuck.

That is not tacky, good work. I apologize for suggesting all restomods are nasty as hell.

you're the equivalent of a stamp collector. you dont give a shit about cars do you

You're the equivalent of a bench racer. You don't give a shit about the original dynamic properties of cars that made them famous, do you? You just want bigger numbers and more retard proof technology.

Then again most restomodded cars are American where no one gives a shit about driving characteristics, all cars drive like the same spongy buckets, and models become famous purely based on looks and movie appearances, so why do I even complain? There's nothing to ruin about American cars to begin with.

You are forgiven.

A person on the internet admitted they were wrong and changed their opinion accordingly, can you believe that?

pls stop

that's absurd

>restomod = ricing
How fucking stupid are you?

>put a slightly more modern (90s) carb'd engine in a late 70s car
>suddenly i'm a horrible monster

>muh original character
>muh bench racing
Oh so improving handling and performance to suit personal taste is bench racing now?

kek

hang yourself you dumb boomer fuck

yes?

oh my GOD

Is it rice if I'm putting a 347 in this?

nah the 240sx is neither rare or classic so you're good

>MX6
>Rare

it is here

>MX-6
>classic

You're confusing Pro Touring and restomod.

>'32 Ford
>T-Bucket
>A Ford
>Tri-Five Chevy
None of the classic hotrodding cars are rare, and all the the good examples can be made with 100% new parts.

If it has a crappy US spec truck engine then anything is an improvement.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the netherlands (where that car is from) for what has been done to that car. . For some reason there was a huge facination with Testarossa kits for cars.

I should know, I bought a Celica from that same era and it has a testarossa like bodykit on it too..

if were going by classic car laws, it needs to be 25 years or older. They started making the second generation MX6 in 1991, so it is a "classic"

[spoiler]i kind of want to buy it[/spoiler]

>stock '91 EF civic hatch

>in the process of ricing it

I seen that for sale on Autotrader last week. Looks ruined.

That spoiler has a special place in hell for it

Or beef up said truck engine, which has forged internals good for 350hp out of the factory? Not to mention the torque?