Trying to change rear drum brake pads on my 82 Corolla

Trying to change rear drum brake pads on my 82 Corolla.
Drum is kinda loose but not coming off.
E-brake is off and im pounding the fuck out of the drum. Nothing but loads of brake dust coming out that im vacuuming up.
I put some wd40 on the hub too.

Help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6jpNC6emOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the drum probably has a lip and the shoes are caught in it, there should be a small hole on the back for backing off the adjustment of the shoes.

you can also try screwing in 12mm blots into the 2 holes on the front of the drum to force the drum off.

SUPERIOR RWD SUPERIOR RWD

I just did the bolt thing and the drum moved forward about 1/2 inch, its on the lip of the hub now and i sprayed more wd40 on it.

So maybe stuck shoes?

You have to release the tension on the shoes. On the back side of the drum there should be holes. Possibly with rubber plugs on them. Remove them and look inside. Youll see a lever and gear. Youll need to release the lever and turn the gear to let tension off the shoes.
Pulling or beating on things will break retainers. Dont do it.

just use longer bolts if possible. it will hit against the hub under the drum, forcing the drum off.

Ill try to find it but its kinda hard to look

SpAnk it Den Crank it

Okay so i got it super loose but something on the bottom of the drum is seized.
Looks like a pad, also the drum is full of spiderwebs

Found the adjuster and this nigger barely budges.

Godamnit this is annoying

nobody likes doing this.

the ones on my vw have a bad adjuster or something and it adjusts itself too tight and drags

Yeah i know that feel. Its not fun

Ive been blasting it and everything with wd40 and it wont do a damn thing.

Ugh i cant wsit to get rid of this car, the end of the year needs to hurry up

If it’s rusted in place try pouring cola on it and wait. It's great against rust

Dont blame the car.

Use pb blaster or a nice penetrating oil. A good oil will literally climb vertically up a bolt. Also buy a cheap propane torch. Nothing has ever stopped me after I've used the torch.

Its an old car and im just tired of working on cars in general, plus i like my truck more.
Its 21 years newer, its roomier and shit isnt seized.
At this point i dont need 2 cars anymore.
I already this car up on CL ready to sell for cheap.

Alright.
Im gonna soak the fuck out of it and go grab a burger, its 1pm and i havent eaten at all today.
I need a break.

By chance I saw this video last night.

youtube.com/watch?v=y6jpNC6emOQ

you could try a few of these things, though I think the last few solutions completely ruin the brake.

I used to be a mechanic and did brakes every day.

smack it right here between the studs with a medium sledge and it will pop right off. It should only take 1-2 good solid hits.

That part is all loose, its the adjuster that seized and the pads are putting tension on the very bottom of the drum.
Ill try to take a pic when i get back from my food run.

The drums are full of spiderwebs and already 2 spiders fell on my face.
Fucking sucks considering i commute in this damn car.

You sound like a fag.
If you hate the car so much and are having it for only a little longer why the fuck are you bothering?

Try harder kid

Stuck shoes same thing happened to me before forget which car adjust it back and it should slip off

Lol what this guy said.
Its my commuter car.
Ive been saving up money on the side to redo a bunch of misc things that are worn out on my truck, like all around suspension, timing belt, etc.
Once my truck is done i can start DDing my truck again and get rid of the Corolla and buy a baiku

>owning a car with rotors
>not immediately converting to discs

Fuck off ethan

>Saving up to work on your truck
>Blowing money on a shitbox you hate
Doesn't add up.

>replacing worn out components that help to keep me alive
I like being alive

Go take some shower selfies fag