Working on my friends 2005 Ford Ranger 3.0L v6, I need some second opinions

Working on my friends 2005 Ford Ranger 3.0L v6, I need some second opinions.

Poor gas mileage, and recently Multiple codes thrown. The truck runs fine for the most part, but the idle is a tad rough, and idles between 700-900rpms.

(combustion too lean bank 1, bank 2, random misfire, misfire cylinder 1, misfire cylinder 5, misfire detected on start up)

First, I replaced the spark plugs, the wires. Tested the coils. All are working properly.
I installed a new MAF, didn't fix the issue. New fuel filter, didn't fix the issue. Compression tested cylinder 1 and 5 to rule out valve issue, both came out okay (~180psi)

Vacuum leak test with brake clean, nothing.

Listened to the pulsing of injectors 1-2-3, all sounded okay (other 3 covered by intake manifold) I also checked these 3 injectors for resistance, all were 13.0 and within spec.

Tested the fuel pressure yesterday, but did it incorrectly. Going to do this tomorrow to ensure the fuel pump is working properly.
So, If I confirm tomorrow the fuel pressure is where it needs to be, I'm stuck. The only thing I can think of, is something going on with the injectors, if indeed the fuel pump is working properly. The truck has 210,000 miles on it, and seems to be rebuilt.

I'm planning to replace all 6 injectors with brand new ford injectors, since cleaning and testing the ones I have now, is about the same price as new injectors.

Someone mentioned 02 sensors, but unsure if this would cause the symtom. Any way to test these sensors? I know of people who clean them with success.

Any advice, info, would be greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1lCY6T-tg7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sell it
Ranger a shit

Why even post.......?

To spread the word!

Sell it and get the 4.0 v6 or 4cyl. The 3.0 L apparently has tons of issues but the other engines are fine. I'm looking to buy a ranger and won't touch a 3 L model because those are shit.

guys, please. The first sentence says its my friends car. Which means its not mine. Why are you telling me to sell my friends car like its my car and decision?

Please, if you can't help me, please move along. Thank you.

I know the 3.0's are shit, especially for the known valve seat issue.

Could you do an ecoboost swap?

I can count to potato

sigh........

5.0 swap is the only option

youtube.com/watch?v=1lCY6T-tg7c

the trolling is real. I'll stop feeding them with my replies.

Bump

This. Colorado 5cyl 3.5l master race

Intake manifold gasket

if it is this, you can do it at home with a socket set and a lot of patience

injectors?

>he didn't get Ecoboost

This has crossed my path, glad you reminded me. Have not checked this yet.

......mmmmmmmmm......kkkaaayyyy

shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to remove the intake manifold...

is this your guess?

spraying it down with brake clean did not trigger any RPM fluctuations.

I think am important part in doing a diagnosis is to understand the code setting criteria. What does the pcm have to see to set off that code?

I'd chase down the misfire first. Imo you might have overlooked the coils, after a quick google search it looks like that engine has a coil pack. Are cylinders 1 and 5 on one coil? If they are, switch it with a known good coil and clear the codes

02 sensors can definitely cause it to be lean and would throw the banks one and two codes. If I were you I would replace those before sending off the fuel injectors, as it would be a much cheaper potential fix.

Clean or replace Mass Airflow Sensor. Will be just downstream from air filter housing.

Thank you for the reply. I'll look into it.
I will consider this. Thank you.
I mentioned in my first post that I already replaced the MAF with no prevail.

but, would it affect performance, is the thing. For some reason my memory is telling me it can affect it and cause it to misfire, but unknown. These codes are probably thrown from one single issue.

I'm not going to reply on the shop's word anymore and going to check the basics, because it seems to be right under my nose.