Miata General mg

The old Miata thread died, that means it's time for a new one!

Anyone who has any knowlege about catchcans? Most I can find are simple 2 ports, one intake and one outlet. What about a 3 port one and do like pic related?

>people actually buy these pieces of shit

Anyone who replies to this except me is retarded

Stop feeding the troll guys

I've seen people buying twinkies stuffed with actual shit. So it's not that bad :)

Maybe I am retarded! What are you going to do about it shitkid??!?!?!?!?!?!?

lol

?

I think it's because with half the hp(and being a miata) it's barely behind

Or maybe it has to do with how the cars feel. The Mustang is surely boring as fuck while the ND is topkek.

#weightmatters

Alright boys, question time

I got a car with an 8G loan on it that I could have paid off by January.

But I want the fuggin mememachine. I see them everywhere and they are decently easy to find around here, so should I pay off the loan and get a Miata or should I get a Miata first and keep the loan going

For reference
I pay 300 on loan a month
Make 2k a month w/o overtime
Make ~3.5k a month w/ overtime

miata wallpapers?

Exactly. I say that every single time I see that image. It's becoming a meme at this point. A car that's over 1.5 times the weight is gonna require more power to move at a respectable speed.

Damage control

Any more excuses or are you out?

Just get a Miat on the side for 3k cash or something. You should be able to save up this kind of money two to three months if your numbers are correct.

>buying used
You seem to think that im that poor

What kind of power can you get out of an ND while avoiding FI? I hear the CR is too high for that anyway

Well, yes, you are.

lmao stay BTFO

Fuck off, go shit yourself out somewehere else.

>miata cuck got triggered

How will they ever recover?

Stop spreading you're cancer. I don't care if a Civic or a brick is faster than a Miata. Miata is for fun, not speed.

I'd be triggered too if I was a Miata fangirl
>all the LeMans races won by a Miata;
>

>it's fun to be a cuck

Noice job posing as some guy on the net faggo

I have 2.5k already. Could get it by the end of August with some cash leftover for mods. Probs will thx buddeh

Have fun with it man.

If I know the headgasket is shot but there's no coolant in the oil, does that mean the head's not warped yet?

My red NA is fun to drive but the lack of power is kind of unfortunate and all the gay jokes are starting to mentally wear on me bros.

turbo that sumbitch

should've gotten a black one.

red is so "middle aged man with a dissatisfying career and a small penis"

I'd be happy if I was a girl.
>LeMans
That's some serious bait bro

BBR have a 190 bhp n/a package for the 2.0l ND. It's easier to get more out of the 2.0l NC

triple rotars

Are automatic Miatas really as bad as fanboys say? Found this one near me. $2500, good condition, good mileage, comes with hard top, automatic transmission.

For someone who doesn't care about, "having full control over your vehicle," will I mind having an automatic transmission?

If it's nearby, try it?

Head gaskets can blow in a lot of ways that have nothing to do with coolant user. Just pull the head off and send it to a head shop

Broke the driver side fog light housing trying to put the light socket back on.
>$80 for replacement
>JUST

> gold rims

God you fucking ricer beaner nigger shit.

Lol let's see your wheels

Not him but that's pretty shitty looking

post wheels

gold with dark green is a nice combo, but personally i go more for bronze, it's the same color contrast but not as shouty

How bad is the shortnose crank problem? If the car already has 143k is it possible for me to still run into problems?

You're probably good at this point

is that your miata? What rear bumper and exhaust is that?

I feel you my dude, I melted my driver's side fog light in half with 55w bulbs accidentally. Fuckin' NB1s and their port installed fog lights that melt.

It's not mine. But I think the bumper is the stock mazdaspeed that has been cut.

My 95 still has the stock soft top and plastic window. The top is in overall great shape, but the window is completely opaque and has started to separate from the rest of the top in a few spots, so I want to replace it.

I've seen a lot of people swapping to a lexan window, anyone have any thoughts on that vs a flexible plastic window?

Bling gold is rice but dull gold is neat

I might have to use some hose clamps on my exhaust system to stop it from FUCKING RATTLING. what size should I buy to avoid driving back and forth?

Anyone here done a rear bumper cut? Did it make a noticeable difference or is it just ricer trash?

Why don't you just jack up your car and measure the diameter of the places you want to tie m8

Guys I just replaced my alternator and power steering belts, and now whenever I drive there's noticeable belt whine. Kinda sounds like I have a supercharger. Is this because I over tensioned them or what?

Probably under tensioned. Definitely check it.

Just periodically check your crankshaft pulley. As long as it's not wiggling you should be fine.

Found something interesting while looking over the some ND literature. The 6th gear in the ND transmission is a 1:1 ratio. Typically the second to last (sometimes the third to last) gear is 1:1 and the last gear (or last two gears) are overdrive. Was this done for a reason? I bet we will see some incorrect dyno numbers from cars being run in 4th or 5th instead of 6th also.

I'm getting really bad mpg's, in the ballpark of ~15. I'm not sure why. While dd'ing I rarely rev it above 3k, and I do a lot of neutral coasting when optimal. Could it be my valve timing? It sounds like they're rattling every time I get off of the interstate. pls halp

yeah the reason is that bloody low final ratio. bmws do this too.
look at cars that come with 3.4+ final drives they'll have the overdrive gears in 5th and 6th

The previous owner did a really shitty job of welding on what I'm assuming was supposed to be a "performance" muffler. It really just looked like a smaller factory muffler from some other car. I cut that sumbitch off.

I love the sound while reving it up but the drone is annoying af while cruising and the heat can't be good for the underside of my trunk. What are some good cheap solutions for dampening the drone and routing it out behind the car again? I was thinking elbow/flexpipe + some cheap ricer muffler

I assume it has to do something with efficiency. Mazda is putting their skyactiv name on their transmissions now. Either they're doing that for efficiency, packaging, or weight. Or a combo of a number of things. Notice the extremely long final drive. Interesting.

Leaky injectors or fuel rail, low tire pressure, fuel leak, your odometer could be counting miles wrong, you could be calculating mpg incorrectly, brake caliper could be seized and dragging, handbrake could me misadjusted and dragging, could be a lot of things, or even a combination of a number of smallish things.

Can anyone identify this roll bar?

Aromantic bi-demi-sexual (NOT demi-bisexual).

I think.

God dammit why did I even try.

Looks like a boss frog

Took this today after washing my car for the first time in a month. I wish I had a house to wash my car at

This will be fine, right?

why not just buy used steelies

Because I kinda doubt I could get a much better deal than $38/ea, plus mounted, plus balanced.

Im going to pickup my miata thursday. First time manual and first time miata. Will post pics thursday. Got lots of maintenance planned already so I can't wait.

hell yeah dude get eeeeem

Comes with a matching hardtop and everything.

bricks are more fun too

Would this wheel be a bad choice for my Miata? Note the dent

What is this switch in the top right? The previous owner started putting in an amp but stopped halfway so it may be related to that. Sorry about the shit photo

Mine is a hard dog hard core double diagonal, the one for hardtops, with harness tabs welded on, but you don't have to take my word for it. BA DU BUM

It's for efficiency. People normally cruise in the top gear, and that's why they made it 1:1

You doubt it because you don't know jack shit, a set of used daisies is $100 tops or go to the junkyard and get civic wheels if you want to get real fucking frugal about it they're probably $10 or $15 a piece.

Oof yeah that dent is not good. You could probably get it straightened at a wheel shop though

Anybody here have garage star or flyinmiata frame rail braces? I'm considering buying a pair to protect my frame rails before they get too smashed up.

How was the install and would you say it's worth it? $150 for the garage star and $159 for the flyin miata ones.

Does it get pushed in when the lid is closed or something?

I had the garagestar ones on my NA, spend the money and get fm. They are much lighter, design is better, and the garagestar ones cut my fingers

You'll probably just need to run a T to the input on the can.

Just get a turbo or supercharger. Or if you can shell out the dough, LS swap it.

>paying 150 bucks for steelies
Nigga just go to a local tire shop or a junkyard and get some used shit with the right bolt pattern. They'll give it to you almost for free.

Which would save me $50 after getting them mounted and balanced, plus time spent finding a $100 set of used rims and dragging myself to an tire shop.

Hard Dog Sport Bar with double diagonals.

Shit, thanks for reminding me. Completely forgot I bought frame rails from a friend for like $80. Can't remember if they're Garage Star or FM anymore, kek. Gotta dig them bitches up and see. My concern is that drilling holes to install them will make shit more prone to rust... I mean yeah I guess I could just apply undercoat after, but IDK.

they'd be nice but they need restoration
i wonder what retard allowed these wheels to get this neglected

if they were in a better condition they would cost quite a bit, i'm 99% sure these watanabe marks are genuine

Thanks for the info mang.

yeah I was wondering about this too. Luckily cars don't rust too bad in my area

>wake up
>see this

Really man, fuck people.

Recently picked up a 99 NB with 280k km and just checked the spark plugs. 2,3 and 4 were all wet as fuck with oil but 2 was the worst. You can see the amount that dripped just from the ignition lead on the side.

What would this indicate? I got this car to learn on so I'm not very savvy

Also 2, 3 and 4 were all torqued down pretty hard

valve cover gasket, as oil wont pass through the threads of a plug.

Use google, seriously its not hard.

You have a leaky valve cover gasket.

Wasn't sure if it would be something that simple since it's fairly high mileage so I wanted to confirm.

Thanks for the help

Get a Miata now. It's worth it.

Yes, you need the stick to squeeze all the hp you can out of such a small engine

Get a roll bar

Gold only looks good on a blue wrx