When are Nissan going to phase this shitty barge out and release a new GTR that is actually worth driving?

When are Nissan going to phase this shitty barge out and release a new GTR that is actually worth driving?

When gm finally wins, that means never

When people stop buying the current R35

And i doubt they give a fuck about what some commoner says.

Most GT-R R35 owners bought it because it is more practical than most mainstream sports cars.
And what do you mean by "actually worth driving"?
Do you think it has your common shit box handling? Have you driven one?

The new one's certainly better with the facelift. The pre-current-facelift was basically uncomfortable to drive and was focused mainly on dynamics. Nissan literally listened to their customers and made the 2017 facelift more comfortable to drive in like a GT car and made the car likeable in the interior section.

The car itself made a status of being bulbous and still roasts most cars and even more on the Nismo trim. It's a car you have to own atleast once in a lifetime. Yes, I'm a GT-R fanboy but more of a controlled type than most other annoying GT-R fans.

t. 12 year old bus rider

Yeah I'm sure you have lots of experience driving and testing high dollar sports cars
You are the cancer that is killing Veeky Forums. Please leave and never comeback

>3900lbs
That's truck territory

>R35

>it has skyline lights so it's a skyline

this autism

ITT: people who have never actually driven a GTR

>4wd, turbos, gyroscopes in each wheel other assortments of computer magic and miles of wiring

yes it's heavy, but shit like a DB9 or Charger/Challenger hellcat weigh more and don't even offer half the capability

like others have mentioned, when the Corvette finally beats it.

or of course, if Toyota ever fucking releases the Supra.

>tfw you realize the Juke-R is lighter than the GT-R and smaller in every dimension (including height, if they were set to three same ground clearance)
It suddenly makes sense why the new Z car is an SUV. I wouldn't doubt that the next GT-R will be an SUV as well.

>juke-R

Yeah but you can't outrun ugly.

You really can with how fast that thing is.

I admire it more now that it's old and still holding it's own. Kinda like an old warrior that somehow keeps winning.
Ironically it feels much more mechanical and less computerised than it's competition in 2016.

you're a fucking mong

It would stop being pigfat if they went to all aluminum chassis instead of steel with aluminum bodywork.

aluminium a shit. everyone knows this. only good for skin, but then composite is even better for that and cheaper.

Do you have actual reasoning behind this?

>gyroscopes in each wheel other assortments of computer magic and miles of wiring
That stuff doesn't weigh what you think it does. 4WD is mainly the reason that it is that heavy.

True, unfortunately for the R35.

I want cars to go back to hard edges.

>4WD is mainly the reason that it is that heavy.
No, it's due to the size of the car (it has to be a 2+2 because reasons), the stiffness of the suspension, and the grip the car generates.
If it wasn't built as beefily as it is it would flex and start to tear itself apart in 5 years.
The transmission is heavy but not that much more than any other 600hp rwd car.

what?

R35 is the factory prefix for the GTR it is literally stamped onto the chassis.

They won't. It's all about numbers these days. They will use more and more computers to give it a better score on skid pad tests and 0-60 times and it will feel like you're driving less and less.

the jag f-type is aluminium and weighs more than a GTR.
it's a waste of time.
better to use some cf structures in in an economical manner. things like subframes and suspension arms/uprights can be done reasonably cheaply using dies

That was a honest post.

Whatever the case, Nissan can probably keep selling an R35.5 by updating the VR38 with direct injection, exhaust side VVT, and other technologies from the VR30DDT. Updating the transmission with a better 7 speed DCT, shipping things like carbon driveshafts, carbon fiber bodywork, and more aluminum parts to cut weight and increase rigidity.

Do some bodywork changes to make it look somewhat new, call it an EBA R35. Make the R36 into a 918 beater at 200-300k and keep the R35 as a lower tier option at 130k or so. The 991 Turbo S would likely have a hard time in terms of value.

If they put the VR38 and 7 speed DCT in another car they could do the VVT, btw it already has cf propshafts.
CF bodywork is too hard to mass produce without massive investment which isn't worth it at this point in the life cycle.
I suppose the front subframe could be cast aluminium but it saves weight low down and costs a lot.
DESU i don't see porsche losing much sleep either way. GTR sales aren't that high and there's plenty of room for both the GTR and the Turbo S.
Personally I'd like them to leave it as it is, I'm slightly disappointed the 2017 has a smoother transmission, I thought the roughness of the old one was charming.

I thought the main propshaft was CF but the front propshaft was steel?

The GTR was an early adopter of the turbo V6 trend, they can afford to keep iterating on the R35 platform for a very long time even now.