Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Discord Server: discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P6AjT53PfiU
carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Brumby-1991/SSE-AD-4114668/?Cr=1
abc.net.au/news/2016-02-18/policeman-admits-writing-fake-speeding-tickets/7179012
youtube.com/watch?v=tGomBOgunYI&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daily reminder that op is a fag that hates fat buttz

who will win?

got a job making 1k a week before tax but still keeping cash in hand job (~300/week) doing a few nights. so im making decent money for a uni student.
muffler 1 and 2 in my car are leaky pretty bad (im doubtful i'd pass rego). Will need to get it sorted by november.
does this justify going straight pipe with cannon? i dont know much about exhausts. what are my options? all i know is that I'll go catback nothing further.
I just want a S W E E T note

Thinking after my holiday or towards the end of year, might get a new front bumper and get the bonnet repainted.
Semi-slicks are on the way, wondering if I should go one piece tailshaft with 9 inch diff or supercharger because they cost about the same when all the works added up

>job
HEH
E
H

go crash another car german boy

depends on the car
if I were you I'd get 2 cherrybombs/glasspacks/similar and use those instead of normal straightpipe
should be a bit louder but not drone shit

But then again I have an ls1 and you probably have an astra so

>thatgermanguy
>>no deaths today
>> →

well, if you ignore munich that is

maybe you should go back to your meme board if you can't read/understand the OP

it was a joke ya sad cunt

the fucking krautkunt takes a laugh better than you do, should feel ashamed

lel
haven't even bithered to check in with friends living in munich yet
also, poor syrian refugee who dindu nuffin just killed 1 grill and injured two others in my hometown

supposedly all the victims at munich weren't "ethnically german"
you'll be right m8

Yes my parts came in hnnnng

I've got a straight pipe to cannon on my RB. It sounds alright but I've had a few warnings from the cops over noise.

are pingas only pingas if you put them up your bum?

lolfag

Any Mitsu owners in Melbourne?

>Any Mitsu owners in Melbourne?
Yeah yeah yeah nah

That's unfortunate. There's a meet on the 6th for them.

I don't know if I'd ever go to a Mitsu meet. On one hand it'd be a bunch of riced-out Lancers, car grrrrls, and an Evo or two but they'd probably all be pretty chill to.

Apparently it'll be rather loaded with ralliarts and evo's

>Suraj in his brand new automatic fwd n/a lancer that his equally brown parents bought for him
>then he threw on a cannon, spoiler, stickers and an evo hood

>with fake bov

I don't think I've ever seen another Ralliart on the road in Brissie. A few parked, perhaps. But even Evos seem more common.

Plenty of WRX and STis, though. And more Toyobarus than the rest put together.

i've seen more toyobarus than excels on the northside

I'd wager Sexcels are slowly going extinct. Too affordable and too nice looking for P-platers to resist.

Some cunt needs to get on it and preserve a clean one.

>Too affordable and too nice looking for P-platers to resist
the sexcel has had its day already, it's only for the poor

and the people who have transcended all definitions of style

A mate has the only clean one I've ever seen. Fucking good car.

>probably have an astra
my car is a 2.0L gti so close enough.
im on my p's so i want obnoxious :^)

>im on my p's so i am obnoxious :^)
ftfy

Theres a ralliart in my area near me. Something unique about that red colour.
On the other hand I saw an Evo that'd been wrapped in some gross shiny pink/blue/purple shit today

>see a yellow evo
>license plate 4G63
>sensible chuckle
maybe someone here owns it

its heavily imblied m8y :)

Well cunts, this gives me an idea for the unscheduled, occasional hypothetical;

We've got a big fucking rock in the middle of nowhere. Lets say the thing was hollowed out to house the /dat/ Museum. We've got a limitless budget and plenty of space.

What would we have on display?

what gen?
in that case i'd just have a straight pipe but with 2 resonators to limit drone, plus gut your convertor or get a sports one

one of the lowest trim excel with a carton of fosters or xxxx in the back seat and all the interior fabric ruined

One of AussieMuscle's Valiants, a yellow Moke, a green and black Ninja 250 and an art installation of a burnt Astra convertible with gas powered flames/smoke firing off at intervals and a mix of clunking noises and far-off banter about Jimmy's previous cars played in the background.

Turn the entire place into a monument for Jimmy

may he forever rest in peace

lines of everyone's first car

Statue of Tracy being thrown from a horse titled "Can't even handle 11kW".

>cant even handle 0.7kw

What happened to our country.

Like, can we abolish highway patrol entirely and reform them to actually do their job?

>Stop the carjackers constantly stealing cars in melbourne
>Help out the SES with fallen trees on roads
>Help people who break down
>Stop dangerous speeders

I shit you not, i just broke down in woop woop, pulled over to the side and a highway patrol came up behind me. I was not hooning, this was in my 4x4 and i thought he was going to see if i was ok and offer some help (engine was overheating).

A general duties copper would have helped me, as they're usually honest blokes.

I got defected for "polluting" and sent to go to the EPA because my radiator shit itself.

I'm not some rolling coal faggot either, it's a bone stock nissan patrol and it was literally water vapor steam.

I am so fucking angry right now cunts hold me, those god damn revenue raising fucks should be fired and they should get some blokes who actually want to be good coppers.

VICTORIA DETECTED

>I actually feel for you, your state is fucked and it could be great if they stopped nanny stating

Come to tasmania, we may be filled with nothing to do, but at least you won't be bothered here unless you're an actual menace.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6AjT53PfiU

Any of you cunts antisocial?

carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Brumby-1991/SSE-AD-4114668/?Cr=1

I want this so bad even though I couldn't possibly have less use for it.

>melbin
there's your problem, cunt's fucked, abandon ship

desu never interacted with a hwp, general duty seem like alright cunts if you pass the attitude test

General duty are always ok if you're nice to them. Highway patrol are fucking CANCER and need to be disbanded. They don't deserve the powers they have, it's unbelievable.

Anyone who defends them has never interacted with them, they are nightmare fuel. That cunt getting his radiator defected is the tip of the iceberg.

Right now in vic there's actually a guy being searched for by the SES because hwy patrol impounded his car and left him in the freezing cold IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE and refused to give him a lift.

If the guy dies it's going to be ultra keks, perhaps that might prompt people to look at how they think they're above the law themselves and treat everyone like a criminal.

General cops even hate their guts these days because they are so toxic it makes people hate coppers in general.

I agree 100% with them being disbanded and replaced with general duties coppers getting their resources to ACTUALLY HELP PEOPLE.

I never worry if i'm pulled over by a regular cop cause i don't break the law, but with highway patrol i'm always scared they'll pin something on me.

I was a p plater about 4 years ago, driving a camry and got defected for no shift pattern visible. Been scared of those cunts ever since, i've never had a problem with any sort of regular cop at all.

There's a highway patrol officer who lives in the cross street to mine. He doesn't usually work at all. I often see the highway patrol car parked out the front of his place. Or sometimes it's some other police car.

I've only interacted with him once. He saw me do quick U-turn as I tore off after some woman who clipped her mirror with mine. I was in a bit of an angry mood for some reason so after I was done yelling at the woman and walked back to my car he wants to talk to me about it. I told him I live just around the corner and told him what happened and he let me go.

I saw him pulling over a p-plater just the other day.
Didn't look like he was having a good time

>Right now in vic there's actually a guy being searched for by the SES because hwy patrol impounded his car and left him in the freezing cold IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE and refused to give him a lift.
>If the guy dies it's going to be ultra keks,
Link me up, mate.

Horses actually make about 15hp peak.

heard of this happening, I don't get it

why not just paint it on with texta or something
or if it's a shitty knob just burn it in with a soldering iron

but yeah, pretty shit

>implying she was going flat out on that rare import.

Dont shut the door just yet cunt

>have excel
>shifter is just completely black including the little imprints of where the numbers are
>decide to get a silver nikko and paint that shit back on myself
>luks gud
>go for a drive
>get home and 135 24R turned into a huge smudge on my shifter

why is it a fucking thing

like of all the dangerous cars on the road, a tiny bit of paint not being there is NOTHING

there are legit dangerous cunts on the road.

Because it's an easy way to generate revenue off of unsuspecting victims.

Highway patrol are predators, nothing more. They don't care about safety or ethical conduct.

there's a thing about fb on it but it won't let me link

>Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing Melbourne man Craig Smith.
>Craig last spoke to his family on 18 July around 6.15pm and has not been heard from since.
>Craig was last seen by members of Frankston Highway Patrol officers south of Koo Wee Rup, following his Burgundy Toyota being impounded for hoon offenses.
>Investigators believe that Craig could possibly be in the Mornington Peninsula area.
>Police have concerns for Craig’s welfare as he has not contacted his family in three days.
>Craig is described as caucasian, 185cm tall with medium build, short hair and blue-grey eyes.
>Police have released an image of Craig in the hope that someone recognises him and provides information regarding his whereabouts.
>Anyone who sees Craig is urged to call triple zero (000) immediately.

Having a read about some cunts and their meetings with HWP on Whirlpool. Christ, Whirlpool is full of cucks.

saw that on the news earlier, they tried to slide around the fact the guy got impounded and no-one thought leaving him out there with no way home was a bad idea.

i mean, this is victoria though so that FILTHY BABY RAPING HOON DESERVED TO DIE IN THE COLD FOR GOING A BIT FAST

>impounded for hoon offenses
Reckon he was even speeding to begin with?

Did my first actual work on my car today, swapped out my old shit head unit for a new one. Had the surprising effect of resurrecting one of my speakers. Next up is opening up my doors to check the remaining dead ones.

Dunno, it is well known they make up shit.

abc.net.au/news/2016-02-18/policeman-admits-writing-fake-speeding-tickets/7179012

This guy literally made up tickets because he had to fill his quota.

>next up is opening up my doors
Be gentle with the trims, the clips snap pretty easily

>borrow car off mate
>think it's a 5 speed
>it's a 4
>driving along highway, go for 5th, hit reverse
>distracted by massive CRCSHRSHRSCH
>crash

there's some logic to it but it really shouldn't be a thing

someone should make stickers where you design your shift pattern, it gets printed, sent and you stick it next to your shifter

only time you should drive with wet paint is if you're painting your tyres

well to be fair how often do you borrow a car off a mate and not notice BEFORE you get on the highway.

like you gotta back it up out of the garage right?

>want to overhaul the letters on my shifter
>go for a drive
>go to snap second
>realise I bought an automatic
>die inside

>reading whingepool
>ever
nah.

you can't just take everything there with a grain of salt.
fill a shotgun shell with rocksalt and blast yourself into your upper palate and you'll be able to read whirlpool forums just fine

>not manually shifting your auto commie
best way to improve skids in a commie, heep it in 2

>aus govt, legislation, regulations
>logical
it doesn't matter, no point in debating it, it won't change
just know what they look for and react

Yeah I'm always too scared to drop it into second coming up to corners, I'm not too sure of how autos rev on the downshift compared to manuals.

Only one way to find out I guess

anyone know if i buy MIG welder that says '0.8-1mm wire' can it use 0.6mm wire?
can the welder only use what it says, or can you buy something to use?

I've asked on diy and Veeky Forums in other threads but can't get answer. can't find anything on google either

just want to buy welder and weld shit but can't find answer about it

It's referred to as Whingepool in the industry for a reason.

they rev the same as manual to me. to me in my car the 3 just feels like 4th gear in a usual 5 speed, 1-2nd feel the same as a usual manual. when i hoon in windy corners I just use D and 2

youtube.com/watch?v=tGomBOgunYI&feature=youtu.be

NZ studentfag here, this is the closest I will get to a NZ thread on Veeky Forums so bls do not bully

I want a manual entry-level luxury car like a Lexus LS400 but no matter where I look, all I get is automatics.

I'm also a bit of a newfag to autos and don't know my way around brands or models.

What other models can I expect to find in this price range that aren't dog shit, or where can I look for cars that fit my criteria?

Should I just give up, or expand my budget or whatever?

Pretty sure these cunts are so illiterate they dont know how to use the word antisocial
Also racer turned saftey driver, what a fucking loser

lexus mostly makes autos

is200 can be manual and in your criteria but is a bit underpowered

also check: bmw e36 and e46, maybe e34 even

Merc c-class coupes are occasionally manual, go for a kompressor, 200 or 230

Budget/criteria? Rwd, fwd, awd?

Also kiwis are alright here so long as you don't talk about cars we didn't get and don't talk about fucking sheep

Budget is probably $5-$7k, I don't mind saving a bit more [spoiler]or taking a loan from Mummy and Daddy[/spoiler]

I'd prefer RWD I think (coming from someone who doesn't know much about cars)

If the back seat is also about big enough for i dunno, say, one man lying down and like uhhh a sheep or something that'd be pretty cool too

>driving around with mates
>antisocial
is antisocial not what I think it is?

it was dry, the heat from my hand fucked it

Get a E34 525i from mid 1990 onwards. Can be found in manual, they have the good engine, is reliable, cheap parts, does skids

>asked tafe teacher today if he could weld my diff and port the heads on my ecotec
>the fucking face he gave me

>going to an elitist car meet on my banged up but trusty old Magna

Nah mate. They dont deserve my Magna's company.

what was it like

Fuck that, for that coin he could find a 535i spd, even a 535iS.
For a 1600kg E34, the M30 is a much more suited motor than an M50 has any hope of being.

M30 on paper has more power but in real life the M50 is a far far better car. M30 is such a dinosaur, it's sluggish and uses way too much fuel for not much output.

Cheaper would be better of course, but I'd be willing to drop more on a reliable car that would last me a bit/keep me safe/not burn holes in my wallet when I drive it

Very confused, he wasn't sure if I was serious or not

was it like this

My autism compels me to want to do up a Magna. Get one of those last gen VR-X AWD sedans, swap in the 3.8l 6G75 and twin turbo it. Maybe paint a bit of the grille in Ralliart colours like the older M trim BMW models used to have.

Somewhat, yes

Is it just me or is Grimshaw a really wide cunt? Also that poor girl.

>riding muh bike to relax a bit.
>approach a hill going 60km/h in a 50 zone.
>go over crest and i see a car.
>car fucking pulls out, and i have maybe 3 meters from crashing into the guy.
>everyone makes mistakes. i let it go.
>in the middle lane in a 3 lane road.
>left lane merges into my lane. a mazda 6 right next to me starts merging into my lane forcing me to the right lane.
>i rev my bike and but he keeps merging.
>i fucking redline it, but still keeps merging.
>i swerve into the right lane go back into the left lane and flip the finger.
>i don't feel satisfied. so i slow down and wait for the car to catch up to me. i go into a parking area.
>i go right next to the car and match his speed.
>wife in the passenger seat is telling husband to drive away or someshit.
>she makes eye contact with me and i shake my head and speed off.
>going back from the city.
>usually quite a bit of cars parked in the bus lane. i'm in the middle lane. next the to bus lane.
>50km/h. not speeding. not swerving in and out of traffic. in 6th gear cruising.
>a camry fucking pulls out a meter before me and i flick the bike to the right nearly side swiping me. and goes immediately back into the bus lane.

All in 30mins.

am i whining? or just really fucking unlucky?

Not really, there are a lot of fuck heads on the road

I don't even ride a bike but people just assume you can stop a bike just as easily as stomping the brakes as you would in a car

>>i fucking redline it, but still keeps merging.
you have a horn, use it

going over a blind hill that has drive ways and stuff, you should probably slow down a bit just incase. depends how distance is from top of it to the part he pulled out off
second/third drivers sound like they're careless

you don't have much of a 'presence' on the road being a small bike though so it can be hard to see for people. a small bike isn't as noticeable.
even if you're not in a blindspot, people won't really notice you too easy.
imo riding a bike wearing a hivis vest will help a lot to be more noticeable and keep you safer. it sticks out from sun glare shining and bright colour so people will notice it easier