How many muricans here can drive manual?

How many muricans here can drive manual?

Just eurofag wondering.

if we want to drive rwd cheap we have to go automatic
manual is fwd

you can try and find a gto? i think many of them had the T56

>gto
>cheap
ok bud

I think everyone learns in their life except for maybe some people

Does it cost a lot more if its rwd or awd?

In europe usually manual is always cheaper than automatic, even if its rwd.

actually to me they are cheap
how are you defining cheap?

American here, I've never driven an auto besides on my driving test(s)

Don't they have one driving license for auto and one for manual?

On the used market, if you are looking for something cheap that is somewhat sporty, there is always a premium on manuals because not many of them were sold and all the boi racers with $3k want one.

If you look at two E36 325's in the exact same condition but one is auto and one is manual, the auto one will go for like $2000 and the seller of the manual can probably hold out for $3500

You mean in yurop? Because my country does have an "auto-only" and a "full" license.

I think I know how.

I'm 39 and I only learned like 5-6 years ago
It was very hard to find a cheap full size extended cab 4x4 pickup with a manual but I managed to
Fox body on the other hand was easy so it depends on the car

Yeah that's what I meant, thanks.
In Germany we only have "full" license

Been driving stick on base subcompcts for 12 years

Me. My DD is manual.

Living in a mostly auto country while driving manual is irritating
>stoplight creepers will literally honk if you don't roll forward 6 feet when the light is still red
Seriously fuck off we aren't going anywhere

>Not rolling back and forth menacingly while your V8 rumbles at them
I never get honked at even when I was getting used to the SROD in the Mustang and I'd kill it in traffic and have to adjust the choke and prime it before I could restart it.

It's a really rare car user

Me, DD an 08 Mustang GT with a standard transmission. It's great, living in a country full of lazy fucks means that I never have to let any of my friends drive my car.

Maybe if I repeatedly tap the throttle in my I4 while rolling back it would be scary

>VRM VRM VRM VRM VRM

I can drive Manuel.

It is pretty rare here for my age though

Not the original cars, he's talking about the LS1/LS2 GOATs

You can find them for like 15K in good shape

I can
But to be fair I study in europe and I learned there, had I gone to american college I would still only know how to drive automatics

right.
i was. actually he thought i meant a classic car when i said cheap car? oh my

I would guess less than 1 in 4 drives manual.

I don't know why though, stick is way more fun.

lol try maybe 1:10 don't you peek at the shifter of cars you walk by in parking lots?

>peeking at other people's knobs
U gay, fagget?

>don't you peek at the shifter of cars you walk by in parking lots?
I do when I see an interesting or sporty car. I'm usually disappointed.

It's better to do it at work, because then you can put the people to the car

>everyone drives auto except three people
>an old lady in a legacy, a straight up gangsta with a mustang GT, and an autist with a miata
seems about right

Most Baby boomers didn't

I had to train my mother how to drive manual when she bought her 78 Beetle

Manuals are easy as shit. I don't know why people sperg out over them or think it's some super hard special thing. Literally 5 minutes when I was 16.

ITS COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT HOW TRUE THIS IS
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN THE 3,400 POUND OR LESS RANGE THAT IS RWD AND A MANUAL FOR CHEAP YOU ARE OBJECTIVELY FUCKED

Canadian here, we're basically US lite.

Plenty of people here can drive Manual, when i was in high school there where 4 or 5 cars with stick (one was a miata owned by a lesbian)

Here at work 3 manuals.

And i've seen plenty around.

The US invented the Automatic, back in time, the auto was the thing to have. Europeans didn't have such luxury for a while. So most people where trying to get an automatic, cos that was the newest shit senpai, and now people don't generally know how to drive stick.

It's a cultural thing, when you're the country on top of the world, shifting your own gears is pleb tier.

Also a lot of cars now aren't being offered in manual, especially at the higher trims which makes them less popular.

Learned how to drive in a manual. Never been outside of the US. It's fucking sad how many people can't dress be a stick anymore.

>see a new Camaro
>neat.jpg
>look inside
>there's a button on the shifter
>mfw

manuals exist on sports cars and base model (mainly japanese) econoboxes

so if you've never had either of those you probably don't know how to drive stick

I'm 50/50. My work truck (E36) and M3 are auto/SMG, my other 2 e36's are manual.

How many eurofags here can drive manual?
Just murican wondering.

I've only done it on dirtbikes and ATV's, but I just need some practice for a car.

>tfw want a bike so bad but no money for one
They look like a blast. I've ridden on my dad's [spoiler]Harley[/spoiler] when I was younger and I remember it being very fun.

>240sx
>mr2
>miata
>e30

everyone

It looks so sad. Like it just saw a kitty fall down a well.

Kek

Yeah maybe 10 or 20 years ago
>can name the cheap common rwd cars on one hand
I hate america

>implying it's better anywhere else

Z31

I daily a manuél, and learned to drive on it. Driving auto is weird for me because I rarely have to do it.

murrican reporting in

Lots of people can drive manuals but choose autos because it is convenient and they aren't yuropoors.

The whole boomer generation should know how to drive stick. My mom is an old lady and she could drive a 5spd fine.

>tfw co-worker drives a manuél Mustang and thinks he is hot shit
>wants to drive the 10spd truck and is super cocky about it
>has so much trouble as I sit shotgun laughing

lol, literally everyone...
All driving school cars are manual, and you're required by an EU directive to take the exame on a manual.

I know how to drive it, but my DD isn't manual.

All my shitboxes are manual, my off-roader, my DD, my pickup truck, and all the cars I inherited from my grandma are automatic.

Iowa here, every car I own is a manual

It is

Texan here. I don't currently own a manual, but I can drive stick, be it on a heavy truck or pony car.

Virginian here, I've never owned any car with an Automatic. Just the way life is out here.

Canada here. I'd say 1/2 people can drive manuals and 1/6 do it by choice.

Iowa too. I own 1 car, and 1 manual

I drive stick but honestly it's only about 10% of Americans that can drive it. Everyone else is automatic even for trucks, suvs, and cars.

Texan here, own 2 autos and 2 manuals

I'm American and I don't even own an automatic.

I've got 2 4-speeds a 5-speed and a 6-speed.

No.
You can have an "Only Automatic" license
But EVERY driving instructor will tell you that that is on shitty idea

agree w/ 10%. Manual used to be "standard", not so anymore, god luck finding one. Americans are to stupid and lazy to actually drive their car. Hence fully auto cars where you literally do not have to drive.

I drive a 5 speed.

I'd say the majority of Americans who are around 30 or older can drive manual, but most don't just because most vehicles are automatic. Most dealerships don't stock many (if any) manual vehicles. Most younger people here have no idea how to drive manual, but in the enthusiast crowd it's still well and alive.

1st car was manual, own 1 manual and 1 auto.

Forget knowing how to drive a manual, the chances of people knowing how to drive them is 50/50, either they do or they don't.

How smoothly can you drive one in the real question.

Like butter here. no jerky movements.

>mr2
>expensive

I got mine for 2,000.

Buttery smooth if I want to, usually don't put in that much effort unless I have passengers though.

>falcon
>comodore

whatever body style you like
6 or 8 cylinders
manual or auto

>tfw falcodores are kill

there will always be spare parts for those made and people skilled to work on them for the next 50 years, just be sure to get into the game

also, yes it's a sad day, but it's bloody impressive a country of 25m people had 2 full car companies and several other companies with engine/parts plants here
churning out Australian made cars for Australians (and NZ) for over 50 years
imagine if GM actually let us sell our cars across the world
we have small stints with cars like the Pontiac GTO or the Chevy SS
however what about the ute
what about the wagons
what about HSV or FPV (pic related for Americans)
these cars may be going away because of union deals and minimum wage spiking (Holden workers got paid like $40/hour)
ford USA has been trying to kill the Falcon for years... they just had to wait it out and tempt non Australians with shitty mustangs
GM are damn happy because now they can rebadge Buicks and sell them as "commodores"

unfortunately the ride had to end somewhere, and I'm damn proud

>GM are damn happy because now they can rebadge Buicks and sell them as "commodores"
So you're getting Opels instead?
At least they made mini-Commodores at some point.

I know I'll be sticking to my VZ SS until I can no longer afford the $4 a litre future fuel

>we will never get all the cheap somewhat compact rwd fun aussy does
Im upset guys
america really does just blow

Could be worse. Could be yurop, where fun is taxed to absolute fuck and 50% of the population drives a tiny-ass 1l 3cyl shitbox.

So? that stuff is probably more fun then what we have
light weight
hatch
fuck me thats better than our shit

FWD, a chassis not set up for handling, and zero power. Don't know if that sounds fun to you.

to be fair, as long as you like 2 doors, the pony cars are pretty cool
and they cost a fortune for Australian, so its the same for the Americans who want falcodores

the issue is, to an Australian, a Dodge challenger is silly when you can still have a 2 door sports car that doubles as a pickup truck (and skids WAAAY better)

The Hellcat is a pretty good burnout machine though.

Fun for public road driving probably, you're always driving the shitbox at the limit. Meanwhile on a Falcore, even a V6 is a cop magnet and a tiny bit of wheelspin = huge fines. Loss of license in less than 10 secs.

That's true, the lower limits mean it's easy to reach them on an empty b-road.

I learned how to drive with a manual transmission. They are rare in the land of lazy fucks I've had a few time when auto fucks drove into me sitting at lights... fucking cellphone whores

92 nissan truck is like a grand

This
Old trucks avoid the RWD tax, because truck guys think 2wd is for cucks, even though their truck has never seen mud, and the vacuum actuated Auto Hub locks rotted away years ago.
>Ferd F150 300CID i6 4 or 5 spd manual $800 OBO baby

You're saying FWD sucks?
oh yeah i love fuck huge heavy cars

>oh yeah i love fuck huge heavy cars
Best part is they may weigh a fuckload, but you can drop in any engine you want (even an LS), though you can rip some sick skids with the indestructible 300 6cyl because the back end of the truck has no weight on it.
Alternatively, if you can find an OG tacoma at a reasonable price, as it handles much better than any Fullsize or Compact american counterpart.

America

Will he get 5k for that thing?

probably

Well it's a classic, RWD, manual in what looks like good condition.

It's probably worth more than 5 grand desu, especially to collectors cos most older cars go to the junk yard.

Been driving manual since I was 17, 35 now.

hahahahaha

My Scion xA is manual

My El Camino is auto though

I daily a manual 2002 Mustang GT. Tons of fun

My first and only car is a first generation Camry in manual.

85 f150
93 geo metro
91 camero
91 geo tracker
95 k1500
all the cars i had with a stick its fun for a while but it gets old as a DD

Of all the cars I've owned for over a year none have been automatic.