>strolling over into this Honda area you quickly see
>there is not a lot to get excited for in this Honda line up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jkiv-bWbLIo
teknikensvarld.se/honda-cr-v-4wd-system-is-not-working-again-163708/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what they meant to say was: more of the same here at honda

you know where to buy your childs first car

It's Honda. That's like getting excited over the reveal of a newly designed gumball machine.

>not buying a Civic

Are you making over 80,000 or are a trust-fund-baby equivalent? No? You are doing it wrong, get a Civic.

>tfw nothing at all happens until 1000 rpm from redline, and then it performs like Lada

How can you people call yourself enthusiasts and honestly think this

I've had this discussion recently with a diehard Honda guy. I've owned 5 of them myself but have always been a Ford guy since my family has all owned multiple. Hondas current lineup is lackluster. Their car with the most sporting intention (Si) is slower than their midsize sedan(when properly equipped. They've definitely fallen from their 80's and 90's grace and are just riding the coattails of a well established name like Toyota is currently doing with the Corolla(4spd auto and drums in the base model, in 2016?). I can't think of a less interesting overall current lineup than Honda.

its because FWD right

I'm what a consider a "hondaboi" but I still cringe whenever I see modded hondas.
Can agree, I still remember going to the Honda site when looking for a new car and just dicking around with the build-your-own options
I didn't even see an SI on the lineup, and I think there were three manual transmissions total from the accordsedan/coupe and civic hatch.

What do you mean? How is the current Honda lineup at all enthusiast oriented?

whats wrong with modded hondas

why don't they put tires on that orange car?

No, not at all. Idk if you missed the part where I said I've owned 5 Hondas, so no >FRdabest troll here.

I dislike the current Si for the same reason I don't like the EP3, softened with a larger displacement lower revving engine with the same power. K20 Si's are more fun to drive than my friends '13. And I really haven't cared much for Civics post '00 since they got rid of the double wishbone setup.

And again, the sportiest car in your lineup shouldn't get waxed by your mom and pops sedan.

Sometime after 1990, Honda realized they no longer had to do shit to be liked, and now they're living on a reputation.

This lead to the rise of toyota, who is also now doing the same.

Seriously, you can't explain this: youtube.com/watch?v=jkiv-bWbLIo

>inb4 unrealistic situation
Fuck off honda, this is EXACTLY a hill start on a icy hill.

i really meant distatefully modded hondas my man.
But in general fartcans annoy me, especially when they're obviously only tacked on for noise value.

>actually know
>he thinks FWD is good

FWD just presents a different set of challenges. Sure it's great fun to powerslide through a corner in a RWD car, but coming into a corner hot and giving it a dab of brakes to get the rear to step out is also fun in it's own right. Either way whenever you're getting a car to rotate you're having fun.

whatever makes your shitty sohc civic feel good

keep masturbating to tsuchiya videos pretending you have the same car idiot

But I don't currently own Civic, or a Honda at all. But nice projecting guy.

CRZ SI version is the only thing that would make me buy a new Honda

haha ok. FWD is bad ok

Honda really dropped the ball here. If they had a K20 powered CRZ Si and the regular CRZ badged as an HF it would have been great. Instead we get a shitheap of a "best of both worlds" scenario because of >muh hybrid can be sporty too.

>there is not a lot to get excited for in this Honda line up

maybe because it would take sales from this, but even then they could have just offered it from 15-16 only er some shit

At least with Toyota, they have quite a few interesting options in their Scion and Lexus lineups. Even their boring cars feel considerably better overall than Honda.

I will say the Accord V6 Coupe is quite nice as a DD. It's also significantly cheaper than the Lexus IS or Toyota Camry XLE V6.

It's been in production since '10, I'm saying that's how it should have been marketed from the start.

>tfw honda never has, and at this point never will make anything with more than 6cyl

0/10

WHY DOES THE CIVIC KEEP GETTING BIGGER AND WHY DOES THE SUSPENSION GET WORSE EVERY GENERATION FUCK YOU HONDA

R e g u l a t i o n s

its not ALL regulations they are purposefully making the civic bigger than the old accords ever were
its not like sub compacts dont exist anymore user
though i am wondering why everyone is making their sub compacts taller than they are wide
its like nobody cares about fucking anything, everyone forgot how to design a commuter car
those fat fucking sacks of shits in suits are smacking their lips going
WELL WHY SHOULD THOSE CARS BE FUN? THOSE PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID TO KNOW ANY BETTER.

I'm a little disappointed in Honda
>No Fit Si
>No new model Civic Si
>No Civic Type R
>3 boring crossovers, a minivan, and a minivan with a truck bed on their lineup
>Only redeeming vehicles right now are the Fit and the Accord V6 Manual

I'm considering buying an Accord since I need a new car, but I'd honestly rather buy something else.

better then the scion section
heres scion audience

FECK U

>>No Civic Type R
but there is

Not currently

If you want a sporty Honda anymore you have to buy an Acura that ends with SX.

Wouldn't really recommend it either.

The nsx is fucking trash and shows how far honda has fallen

HAHAHA holy shit, that's borderline fraud

You should read hondas reply to them. It was basically,

'Oh the CRV system is designed to save fuel, so it's not actually a AWD at all. In fact no amount of torque to actually move the car can ever be applied to the rear diff or it would break. Also UNREAL DRIVING CONDITION! WE HAD NO COMPLAINTS! CRV IS BEST SELLER!'

teknikensvarld.se/honda-cr-v-4wd-system-is-not-working-again-163708/

Here's the car registration to prove no modifications where done to it.

Also, it's just the new electronically controlled CRV it seams. I have a 1999 CRV that uses mechanical clutches with duel pumps to work the REAL TIME(tm) 4wd system and there was a time after my mom crashed the car where i had to replace the driver side front CV axle (it was bent) so i decided to do both. Anyway i made a mistake and had to drive my car just up and down the drive way only on the rear wheels. And it worked, it was a rear wheel drive CRV. Sure i wasn't going fast, but there was enough torque to move the car, and my drive way is on a hill too.

Anyway idk what honda is doing anymore, my crv is a real work horse.

>pick all the sports cars
>toyota corrola with body kit
>integra
>ford probe
Srs nigga?

>Fit Si
this would be literal god mode

one purpose built racecar that's only available in some countries in a lineup of econoboxes and CUV's

>a source says a new s2k 'soon' wink wink nudge nudge
Every year
Why do I get the feeling that these sources are on Honda's payroll. When the fuck are they going to actually do something

>wanting an s2k from modern honda

whats the worst that could happen

Don't know why it's not a thing yet
It's like they don't want our money or something.

Who gives a fuck anymore? Just drive a ford focus RS if you want your sick rally car that looks like an econobox, and there's plenty other options.

its now a hybrid with an optional "track" setting where you choose the track and it drives the track for you at a record setting time, with optimal fun angles, then auto uploads to instagram

>not getting pumped about the Accord GT

My Mom owns a 2013 Crv that I've driven in snow. The AWD system definitely works. I've done hectic skids in it.

It's pretty obvious to me that the hand brake was held until the ecu disabled the awd to prevent damage and then they let off the hand brake to let the car roll back. If this isn't the case, why didn't it roll back immediately?

HONDA FIT
HONDA FIT
HONDA FIT
HONDA FIT

happy now dumb ass?

It looks just like the Chevy challenger! Plagiarism!

>HANDBRAKE
Yea, no not really.

First off, it's a pretty reputable magazine.
Second off, the CRV was the ONLY car that failed that test.
Third: The test has been replicated.

The reason it didn't immediately roll back is because the diff has enough torque to keep the car from rolling back, as you can see when he initially accelerates the car kinda jerks froward. However the diff isn't allowed enough toque to actually push the car forward. The awd is basically wheel based traction control, instead of brake based. Then, when the differential got too hot the ECU shut down awd and that's why the car rolled back violently.

Go ahead and try it yourself, have a patch of ice on a hill with no winter tires cos a fucking miata with winters can do fine if the driver is good. And try and accelerate when the front wheels are both 0 traction.

not even comparable

Are you actually this retarded?

>inb4 both of you niggers are pretending to be retarded like I know you are
Post-ironic humor is shit

fuck off cunt