Is $3000 for a GT-R too sketchy?

Okay so some guy on the internet is selling a 2009 GT-R for $3k. I've looked through the vehicle history and it has roughly 40k miles on it. He says he will pay the shipping costs to get it to my house and I can inspect it during a 5 day period.
Now I'd like to hear some advice from you guy. Is this a good deal, or is he just trying to fuck me over?

Nah, that's fine, go for it, you're too suspicious.

$3,000 is the going price for most newer cars with under 50k on them. You might overpay a bit, but it's worth it.

Nah man, deal of a lifetime :^)
Go for it

That's some quality bait.

Fucking fake.

I wouldn't pay over 2k myself, but I am Jewish.

Definitely legit. You lucky bastard!

You could probably whittle him down to £2500

The one thing that concerns me is that I emailed the owner of another GT-R that was allegedly $5000 using a different email, and the same guy replied back about a GT-R and he told me the same story about how he works at an Airforce Base and he is getting transferred so he doesn't need the car anymore... Sounds too sketchy to me

It seems that the owner serves in the military of your great nation and has learned the value of solidarity and fairness, largely proven by pricing his beloved car accordingly so the less fortunate can enjoy means of basic transport.

There's nothing suspicious about this transaction, just a wonderful person passing on his hard earned car for a fair price.

Did the words "Western Union" come up?

It's legit, he's probably getting closer to the date he's leaving so he's lowering the price.

Post link if you're not going to snatch this amazing deal right up.

you should do it. though i recommend paying through an online money service, like paypal. That way its nice and anonymous. and pay first in full, a deal like that you don't want to wait around to see it.

>inb4 OP becomes the victim of some Muslim's "sexual emergency"

Yes. Apparently i need to send him $200 cash in the mail as of tomorrow to ensure my money order clears.

No he didn't mention anything like that. Why?

Do it. This is how most dealerships operate now a days.

You can't be this dumb, right?

Can't he somehow fuck me over when I send him the money? He could just report a stolen vehicle or something and get away with the car and the money

stop. right now. take a deep breath, a step back and think.

3k dollars for a Nissan GTR. its like in the fastest 1% of road cars right now. and you think he will actually sell it for 3000.

i bought my car for about 3000 actually. its a silver Volvo V40, 15 years old and with bad tires. that is the kind of car you get for that money. Not a GTR

this whole super bargain and "pls send money first, you will se the car... uhhh... later i promise" thing just screams bait

Ok good, i was beginning to worry.
Why? He seems alright. One airforce guy to another. I cant see why he wouldn't make it easy like this for me. mailing the money now

>One airforce guy to another.

That explains a lot. At the very least this thread.

you best be trolling.

dont do it you fucking retard. you actually think he is gonna give you a GTR for 3k???

youre worse that the retards on /b/ that try to roll on tits on a pic that has been posted since 2008

He didn't say anything about getting the money first. He said he will ship it to me and I will get to inspect the vehicle for 5 days and pay at the end if I am satisfied

can't tell if OP is a skillfull baitee or just too dumb

Post link here so I can get it that is s sweet deal my man

Maybe i should just send him all the money at once, and it'll be faster than waiting for Western Union, right?

I'm inexperienced with vehicles man

If you do happen to fall for this scam, I own a historic race track called the Nürburgring I just have to get rid of soon. I'll deliver it to your doorstep for free if you wire me $10K right now.

alright, you are definitely baiting

Jump on this deal user

Not OP

well, if you are OP put the fucking money down. drive to him, even if it takes the entire night. because seriously, if it is too good to be true, it most likely is

He's too far to drive to. Thats why I need it to be shipped. But that's ok, because he said he'd pay for shipping

Wow, this is an actual, real-life Pascal's Mugging scenario. Let me know what you decide to do and how it turns out so I can reference this thread in my philosophy paper.

> mfw people not getting it.

That is what I was thinking, which is why I came here for advice.

>there are people in this thread that are taking OP seriously

A bit obvious isnt it

Someone I used to work with actually fell for one of these scams.

He scanned the guy $2k worth of money card things from CVS, then another $1k the next day when the guy said he needed insurance to ship the bike.

It was kind of sad, because he got let go the same day I told him it was a scam.

right, is he on the same continent? can you possible drive to him? becase in that case, load up some drink, fill the tank to the brim and floor it. if he against all odds is serious, you get yourself a cheap (and probably kinda shitty GTR), and if it is bait, you dont have to give him 2000 of your dollars

He said he is stationed in Nebraska at Offutt AFB

troll that fucker and send him 3000 in pennies. who cares if its a scam it will be worth it.

Lol I am fucking down to do that! I emailed the guy and asked him when I will have to pay, now I have to wait for his response. He always answers at night so we will have to wait for tomorrow and see what he says

you're also inexperienced with logic

odds are hes not continental us, but if he is this would be hilarious as you could just put them all in a 55 gallon drum and ship it to him on a pallet economy freight.

It's scary isn't it? These are the people that drive and vote. Oh, and the reason why these scams exist.

Now I just need to get 3000 pennies. Any suggestions where I can get some?

>3000x100
>300,000 pennies

Just go find the $3000 GT-R on carsforsale.com and tell us how it went

>6 ls swaps for one gtr
shit deal

Yeah my ex told me the same story about a guy in the AF trying to sell a car to her dad for dirt cheap. Definitely a scam

nigga catch a train or flight. you're already being a faggot about it. just go and stop wasting our time

nah OP, like you were thinking, that is wayy too much, don't get scammed, you can find less easy if you look aorund

Op's trolling aside, this has to be the oldest Veeky Forums related craigslist scam around now. People were doing this back in like 2005/2006