Which gear is best gear and why is it 3rd

which gear is best gear and why is it 3rd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

4th gear after hitting your splitter up to high range in 3rd gear hnggg

It entirely depends on your gear ratios and engine output.

There is no "best" gear.

It's 2nd, whoever says otherwise is a faggot.
>tfw switching into 2nd from 5th
>tfw breaking the traction

>Driving in 2nd
>Slowly accelerate until 3-4k RPM
>Mash foot down
>Become one with the seat

2nd best gear

>tfw breaking the traction
Learn to rev match you retard

2nd is too powerful, 3rd gives you that feeling for longer

/thread

6 speed w/ short gears reporting in. 3rd gear is the best for me.
Going from 40-80 in only a couple seconds feels amazing.

3rd is best I agree.
Its the best gear for engine braking and the best gear to downshift to when you want take a corner hard or build up speed quick on the exit.
2nd on my car tops out at 70 and then its third all the way to 110 so its the gear I drive the hardest on.

Are those little hash marks on the speedo showing where your gears are supposed to top out at?

That's kinda neat if so.

Which car is that in?

Not the user that posted but that looks like Mercedes. As far as model I don't know. But I recognize that style of gauges.

>tfw no 5th gear

Common speed limits in Germany/other places in the EU

W124 E-Class, although I could be wrong

On my FiST its second. When I floor it in second it makes my wife giggle. It's the only gear that pulls hard enough to give that roller coaster feeling in the gut.

>Are those little hash marks on the speedo showing where your gears are supposed to top out at?
Correct.

The yellow shaded part from 50km/h to 60km/h is the speed limit in European city zones

Also notice no red marks on the rev counter because it can safely run at 5.5k rpm all day.

>Which car is that in?

W124 OM602
>tfw 1.2million km

>safely run at 5.5k rpm all day
But it goes to 6k

First time actually seeing it lit up.
On my car the previous owner removed the fuse for the dashboard light so his passengers wouldn't see how fast he was going at night.

>But it goes to 6k
It starts to lose power after 5.5k. It won't go higher than 6k.
Its naturally limiting, sort of.

My mechanic said because because the Diesel can't combust properly when the engine is turning that fast.

Not sure why or how or if its the result of this specific engine design or maybe the mechanical pump or indirect injection system.

But I know that my W211 with the turbo OM648 can barely rev to 4k rpm.

2nd for me because I've never owned a car that is powerful enough to spin the tyres with 3rd gear

My boost-by-gear in the Mazdaspeed 3 puts full boost into 3rd gear, all 15 psi of it. 4th gear is the most fun shift tho, it's that straight shot down the middle thats satisfying.

I like to cruise so 5th is my jam.

D definitely.

>not R for race

d for drift. someone post the video

youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8

lol obviously you have like 120whp

anyone who has over 250whp can break traction just easing out the clutch and flooring it

I'm my shitbox of a car it's 4th gear, because that's the gear I spend most of my time in and when the engine sounds like it isn't dying.

>Are those little hash marks on the speedo showing where your gears are supposed to top out at?
>Correct.
Wait: 1st gear up to 40? The fuck?

ah shit nigga another diesel in here. I have a 81 SD with a new om603. Third is the best. I usually shift manually constantly in that car. I want a 5 speed but mercedes manuals tend to suck and their autos are durable.

Fuck off automatic driver

I can take first gear in my e39 up to 40, no problem, it's possible.

>tfw breaking the transmission
fixed

Old top gear is better than 5th gear.