Car for uni

What does Veeky Forums think the best (used) car would be for a college student? I've been really looking into the Mazda3 and Honda civic, as I think those are the best for their price. I'm thinking about getting the Mazda 3. Is that a smart decision? Any other cars that would be better? Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

ksl.com/auto/listing/3084854?ad_cid=2
aboutlawsuits.com/mazda-class-action-lawsuit-engine-defect-70072/
taps.ucsc.edu/parking/parking-permits/permit-prices.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get the 3 hatch

I have a 2005 2.3L hatch.
Love that car
165k miles and climbing.
Always fun to drive

2nd gen Mazda 3 2.5 is a good choice. They can be had for under 10k and are pretty reliable and pretty fun.

That or Civic.

Any small jap car will do everything you need and more. Just go with something that feels comfortable and fun and fits your needs. Mazda 3s and Fits are excellent.

No answers for you OP but I'm looking at a Mazda3 as well. That or a Fiesta/Focus.

I wouldn't drive my car to uni. Most Uni/College charge a fuckton of dosh for a day of parking. I had to park 3 blocks away to avoid paying

>you'll never have that mommy daddy money

Oakland University is free to park for all grades, I'm sure some other universities are the same

>you'll never have poor, abusive parents

>mommy daddy money
For a car that would cost $5000 max? Really?

2nd gen Mazda3s 5 door facelift.

Friend is planning on selling his Soul for one.

I would too.

Thanks for all the input. Is this a good deal for a mazda3?
ksl.com/auto/listing/3084854?ad_cid=2

Mazda3s are great cars for college kids.

Source: I've own like 10

yes

Wow you must br REALLY poor. How do you pay for internet?

Hey I'm looking into Mazda 3 too. How many miles would you say is too many? I found one for a decent price with about 125k. Is that worth it?

Yeah. They regularly go well over 200k.

Looks good to me OP but always check the VIN

Get off my WiFi poorfag.

>buying a car with 125k

retard alert

>automatic
No. Get the manual.

Shut up

Clean up your room jeff

It makes the car 10 times better.

It does. But damn dude. Let people do what they want.

Shitty kids sometimes lose privilages if they have decent parents.

no we're just really poor
family income is around 14k a year on a good year

Get a job nigger

how do you pay for uni stuff

I earn 34k myself and would barely get by on rent and food. (Live with parents)
How in the hell do you survive?!

aboutlawsuits.com/mazda-class-action-lawsuit-engine-defect-70072/

scholarship and loan
considering gutting my car and living out of it to be honest, i could lie down in it length wise with my feet in the footwell and the head in the trunk
that way i dont pay for residency

in that case a suv is your best bet, tint your windows and you're golden

i already have a car user
>suv
then you cant afford gas

Wow its nothing.

i don't know then, a wagon?
either way, good luck with the money thing man

>not having a job in high school

It's an okay deal but you'd be much better off with a manual

Nah man I drive a jdm tyte sports coupe with DOHC, I gotta get my street cred bro. Left foot brake and get rear ended by gt86 man

thats why I said gut the interior and just sleep length wise

i think sj state is like 5 $

thats a good as fuck deal tbhfam

>living on campus
pleb

A bike. Go buy a decent bicycle and "drive" that. If you're living on campus that would probably be your best bet. If off campus, get up early and ride anyway.

2.3 reliability issues?

Reliable, lots of room, good gas mileage, tinted windows if you smoke weed or have to transport more people than the car is legally allowed to have.

Basically a hatchback. I have a juke and love it.

I just bought a 2014 focus with 8k miles and a dealership warranty for 5 year/100k. 11 grand and I'm looking for it to run me through my Last 3 years and Uni and hopefully 2 out of Uni. Did I do good Veeky Forums?

Volvo 240

cheap
good on gas
cool
lots of space for you and your friends
huge trunk for moving things back and forth from home

I'd recommend not bringing a car. You just become a Walmart bitch, a DDer, or a lender to your friends and your car will get trashed. Trust me. College life is the fastest way to ruin a car. I hate to say it but either walk or get a bicycle. You'll thank me later, son.

I lived out of my Envoy for a couple weeks when I was in between apartments. Actually wasn't the worst thing ever. Judt had to keep it on all night so I didn't freeze to death

All you said is that your friends made you their bitch. Stop being a pussy faggot

Should last easily. However, young kid dropping 11 grand on a car for college is stupid. Also mildly hard to believe someone that young managed to save enough to buy it outright rather than getting a loan, which is why it is so stupid.

Nope. It happens no matter what.

Why is your vagina so sandy?

Yeah I know it's stupid but I didn't have all thst much of a choice. I totaled my truck and I drive quite a bit for work. Needed something that I didn't have to worry about fixing at all for the next few years and some thing good on gas. And it's giving me a credit history

>hey bro let's go out drinking and you can dd
>hey bro can we borrow your car?
>hey bro take me grocery shopping

The answer to all of these are no, go get an uber. Why are you such a bitch nigga?

Literally everyone with a car is made to drive others around in college. Did you get an online """""degree""""" or something?

>we're underage and there's plenty of alcohol on campus
>no
>alright

Its that easy.

>The answer to all of these are no, go get an uber.
You sound like an absolutely shitty friend baka senpai desu

Jesus christ Veeky Forums. Are you really all such pussies or have such shitty friends that you csnt just say no?

I'm in college, two of my friends have cars. They don't drive anywhere unless they want to.

Excuse me? Other people can drive their own fucking cars. My machine is not for your use.

The big question is how are you going to keep paying for it? That's why it's stupid. The car isn't a bad choice, it's just stupid to get a loan for something if you don't have a solid plan for it.

No. I'm used to people asking for rides because they don't have a car or won't buy one. They only get ones if they pay.

>implying you will be friends with roommates
You must be underage.

You clearly don't know how to play the game.

You drive them somewhere on the condition that they pay for something you want at that destination.

>hurr durr get uber
Not everyone went to college at a shitty urban school full of niggers like you do

>he wasn't friends with his roomate
No shit? You sound like a miserable person. No wonder you don't have friends.

Go jerk off over your Civic and pretend it's cool

No shit. Some people are straight assholes who can't seem to understand how to live with other people.

Also
>anyone on 4chins having friends
>anyone on 4chins because they aren't miserable
And civics are fucking disgusting. I hate imports.

Theres poor and then theres what you're family is. I applaud you for going to college and trying to break the cycle. I cant even imagine my family living on 50k let alone 14k

Because I maintain a job while going to school unlike fuckbois riding on their parents money. I've worked 24 hours a week during the semester for 2 years then I go full time in the summer. It's really sad that you have to be surprised when someone buys a car they can pay for instead of the other way around

This. A campus parking permit is 700/year and you must live >1 mile from a bus route. Add on top of that parking at your apartment (100-180/mo depending on if its covered) and youre looking at 3k a year to keep a car at my uni. So mine just sits in the back of the garage for 9 months each year

>cant live on 50k

Jesus christ. My single mom raised me and my sister for 10 years on 38k without governmental assistance. 50 fucking grand. Talk about excess

You must go to a fucking dick ass Uni and live in a bitch complex. I have parking rolled into my tuition and my complex gives each resident a parking space and a guest space

Another user, it's not hard. Just have to cut out pretty much everything but food and housing.

Full agreement, damn good job user.

My apartment (off campus) has free parking. Uncovered but w/e. The covered parking is only like $50.

No I live in an area that has no building area left on campus, so apartments charge what they want, and the young professionals who just graduated get tech jobs and can afford it, and parents/student loan money kids can too.

shit OP where can I find a deal like that?

are right, manual is just overall the way to go. thank me later

If you are close to the campus get a moped, If you are further get a small motorcycle.

Having a car on campus is annoying and frustrating specially if you have morning/Afternoon Classes.

But with a motorcycle and scooter normally there are designated Spots at the front of the parking lot that go unused just for motorcycle/scooters.

What in the name of fuck would you even do with 50k a year?

can't hotbox/store weed in a moped tho

user has a point

Literally how? In hisghschool I worked part time at a hardware store for minimum wage and made 12K

ucsc is $400 a school year
rip.

Also thats for the remote lots, where you have to walk 15mins~ to get to your car.

taps.ucsc.edu/parking/parking-permits/permit-prices.html