>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

first bike options
sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/391524-looking-beginner-bike-look-no-further.html

message to new riders
sportbikes.net/forums/new-riders/382129-message-new-riders.html

claim your wifey
r1-forum.com/forums/28-off-topic-talk/127594-lets-see-your-wife-girl-mistress.html

old bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469404820332.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>20 posts early

Is Versys 650 a good bike to start biking?

Yes, but it's very tall.

yes, but it's a huge bike so i wouldn't recommend it unless you are tall

Yes, unless you're a manlet.

No, it's too short.

wsg thread a good. Why remove link from OP?

Rate my blipping, faggots. Been riding for 2 months and finally now starting to get it down right (make sure you enable audio)

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469404820332.webm

Incredible it took you 2 months / 10

Fucken squid. Where was the trigger warning.
Dont you know /dbt/ is a safe space.

He isn't squidding he has a helmet and gloves

GS500

Unless you are wearing a gimp suit, it is squidding.

>has no jacket
>sneakers
>probably wearing jeans or shorts

its his first bike and he'll start wearing gear when he eats concrete....they all do

The only piece of legit equipment I have besides my helmet are these $300 pair of alpinestar boots I got scammed into buying so I look like even more of a fucking retard riding around in a t-shirt, shorts, and overpriced elite level racing boots on a ninja 250

>I got scammed into buying
Your autism wouldn't let you say no

just curious but do any of you nerds have girl friends?

I've eaten it on bikes before and I still go out every day with shorts, vans, a tshirt and a pair of raybans

I have a boyfriend if that counts to your question

That's not something to brag about, user

Not since my last train wreck of a relationship

Just passed my MSF course on a Suzuki DR200, it was ridiculously fun. I was the one tall dude on a dual sport, but it was great flicking that thing around corners and through curves because it weighs nothing. I didn't mind a dual sport as much as I thought I would, but I could deal with a more comfortable seat and the rear brake needed my foot at a weird angle to use properly.

When you bring in the card to the DOL, do they give you a temporary card that shows your endorsement or are you fucked until you get the new license in the mail?

I'm thinking of getting a used CBR250R as my first bike for $2000-2500, any opinions on it? I'm 6'2" but the seating position on the CBR still seems comfortable and all the controls are accessible. Should I put in the extra effort to get one with ABS or should I use this as a learning opportunity?

How much do you guys pay for insurance? I've heard "sport bikes" and "starter bikes" normally have higher than normal rates but how bad is it?

No. I have a wife.

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm in western Washington. Any input from fellow Washingtonians on insurance would be helpful.

>6'2
You will look like a gorilla on a beach ball on nearly every sport bike.

>maximum squid
>riding a GSXR
>fat girlfriend wearing sandals

Why does that make so much sense?

I got a klx250 as my first bike. Insurance is 75$ per year, I paid 2700 for the bike. It's okay, getting bored by it though, next year I will buy something faster I think. Insurance on sport bikes is much more expensive, I just got a quote on a street triple, insurance was like 700 per year. I'm in CO, so no advice about insurance companies.

>tfw crash, covered in road rash but atleast you dont have broken ankles.

Broken ankle is something that just never goes back to 100%

Thats an average american girl.
Also she is wearing thongs m8.

I opened my engine finally

>How much do you guys pay for insurance?

I currently pay $320 for full coverage. My first bike was a 250 and my full coverage insurance per year was $55.

>6'0

get a nina 500

And?

Consider getting a KLR or a SV650 or Versys or something. These are taller bikes that will have usefulness beyond just being a beginner bike. A ninja 250 or a CBR250 you will guaranteed get rid of once you're bored of it soon.

I pay $260/year for my ninja250 insurance. And I got a DUI on my record

$2400/year but I only insure it for the warmer months

>fat

U wot?

She's got a great body

>guaranteed get rid of once you're bored of it soon.

can be said about any bike. I owned 2 R6's and got bored of them.

I also figured a way to get the rust out of my tank

Squidding looks cool.

how do you end up getting the same bike twice?

>rear brake at a weird angle
I think this is ubiquitous in MSF bikes. Mine did that too.

>license
They give you a paper one with your photo on it and an M endoresement, or at least they did in Texas. I bought my motorcycle with a paper license.

>CBR250R
Fuckin yes.
>6'-2"
I'm 5'-11" on a good day and I'm pretty smooshed up on this thing. Definitely take it for a ride if they let you and make sure.

>ABS
I chose not to get ABS. I would like to learn how to brake without computer assistance. Threshold braking is kind of fun too. It scares the sidways jesus out of you the first few times your rear tire starts to slide around, but you kind of learn that it's really not a big deal when that happens unless you're either in the middle of a turn (lol you're fucked) or going kind of fast. But stopping at a red light in a straight line, it's kind of fun.

After you break your tires in (or if they're already broken in), absolutely practice panic braking in a safe environment. The first time you actually have to stop hard should not be the occasion when you have to teach yourself how to stop hard. This, to me, is one of the most important skills in motorcycling. Followed by cornering properly.

Watch Twist of the Wrist II like 8 times and then get drunk while watching Rnickeymouse Mulholland wipeouts until you fall asleep. Every time you see someone eat shit, try to figure out what they did wrong.

>insurance
Comprehensive, $38 a month. 250's are almost free to insure.

>but that's a 300
Shut the fuck up.

friend with benefits

Skin grafts don't

>tfw I'm actually a socially retarded failure who has never had a girlfriend
>tfw all the other anons are just ironically pretending to feel tfw no gf

Ichiban moto pls

Good thing I haven't gotten one then

Literally every rnickeymouse mulholland wipeout is the same

>come in too hot
>see that you're getting too close to the guard rail
>panic and instead of leaning harder they target fixate and crash

I'm 27 and no gf. You're not alone

how is it getting out? you have the holes taped up

no. Half of them are people hitting that same spot where there's a bump in the road and just lowsiding or getting flung into a highside.

Are you a wizard?

My CBR300R will pretty certainly be the only new bike I will ever be able to buy without ABS. In North America they don't regulate or tax old vehicles off the road but there are places where we're crossing the point manual threshold braking is something people will never experience and will be of the same niche enthusiast value as learning to drive a standard transmission car.

It also might be the only new bike I ever buy with a mechanical throttle.

Genuine beginner question. How much strenght do you need to hold your bike correctly ? Say this one What its mass?

>socially retarded failure
Same. I just found my female equal and married it.

what? like none at all.

Enough that your leg doesn't snap in half jogging I guess? You're just balancing the thing not dead lifting it.

if you get into a situation where ABS is required, there is a good chance you're already going to be crashing regardless. I really don't even know what kind of situation ABS can be useful for other than accidentally locking up your brakes during a routine shit like hard braking for cornering/track.

open it up and use compressed air

I don't think you guys understand how ghetto rigged this is

To just balance it? none at all...you hold it between your legs and all is well.

But generally speaking, you do need to be comfortable "man handling" the bikes in a sense. They are heavy and you really need to use some effort (relative to how weak you are) to get the thing moving how you want.

I remember my ninja 250 felt super heavy when I first got it. then I tried out a goldwing.

my ninja felt like a fucking toy afterwards

What's the best exercise to do that will help be able to pick up a heavier bike if it falls?

Matter of time desu senpai

I'm socially retarded as well, you just have to try and pretend you aren't

Squats

>matter of time

Wew lad people actually believe this.

>inb4 its some dumbass 18 year old who thinks they know everything about bikes

Nice bike. $38/month seems quite doable, glad to hear 250s in general are cheap.

I'm trying to get something small in displacement to continue learning on, but there are very few larger framed bikes that match that criteria. I know it shouldn't matter as much but I'm also trying to find something fuel injected.

I was looking at a new Suzuki GW250 in the area a few months ago, but it got a heavy discount (like $2700 new at a dealer) and got sold before I took the course.

I try but I don't know how. That's part of being socially retarded.

Getting there. Only 19. I'd say I'm almost at the point where if I've never been able to get a girl I'll never be able to.

currently or always?

How to find a grill that understands social inability?

Always.

If you're sad being alone at 19, wait till you're going to your friends' weddings and haven't been on a date since Bush's first term in office

When you Americans talk about insurance. What does does it cover?

As in shitposter land, when you register your car/motorcycle it includes third party injury insurance and if you want extra cover like full comprehensive or third party property you just purchase it separately.

So it cost me 230 roobux to register my bike and that includes the thrid party injury insurance.

>third party injury insurance
>motorcycle

The only person getting hurt is you in a motorcycle crash

Most here probably mean basic liability like property damage and medical with coverage capped pretty low

>cruising along at 45 mph in 5th gear because I can
>cruisercuck with his fat wife on the back wants to race
>drop 4 gears and let er rip
>watch him become a spec in the distance
DAYTONA 4 LYFE.

Pretty much . Most states require a low level of insurance to cover about $25000 of damage to other people and their property, with a deductible of like $2000 or something.

>having to drop 4 gears to accelerate
lmao

Also forgot to add that insurance isn't included in the registration price. You have to provide proof of insurance before you are able to register the vehicle.

The only woman I need in my life is my baiku

If it isn't a matter of time then you ride like a pussy

Well just go talk to one then, you'll get rejected but just keep trying until you succeed

Suzuki, Honda, or Kawasaki? I want to upgrade from my 250 but don't know if I want to go GIXXER/CBR/ZIXXER

I'm 24 and on my way to wizardhood, don't sweat it too much. I haven't had female friends since high school, time goes by pretty quick as you get older too. If you're the kind of person I am (fucked up and defective) than you'll stop getting urges for that stuff eventually.

Registration here doesn't include shit besides being part of what's required to legally enter the road. Insurance is purchased from a non-government-affiliated business and includes either personal liability (includes injury and property damage for shit you're at fault for), comprehensive (covers shit happening to your car off the road), full coverage (covers replacing/repairing your car if you fuck it up)

Liability is generally all that's legally required, although if you're financing a car the bank will generally force you to buy full coverage since you're driving around their car till you pay it off.

>tfw surrounded by kissless virgins

DONT TOUCH ME CUNCE I DONT WANT TO CATCH YOUR FOREVERALONE AIDS

>manual threshold braking is something people will never experience and will be of the same niche enthusiast value as learning to drive a standard transmission car.
STOP
DON'T SAY THAT
FUCK

>only new bike I ever buy with a mechanical throttle.
I'm never selling this bike.

you're in the wrong place
GET OUT GET OUT

A friend rear ended a car on his bike and the driver of the car claimed whiplash and had a year off work.
People will claim anything if it means a free lunch.

>going fully hektik when wearing no gear

Nigger I go hektik at the track.

I go about 80% hektik with no gear. I just can't stop myself

>Mustang GT 5.0 rolls next to me at a red light
>clearly tuned, and tuned well
>tinted windows down, aviators, pastel polo shirt with a popped collar
>he nudges his clutch, revs while looking me dead in the face
>notagain.gif
>light green
>ears begin bleeding
>several lights later, after he falls back because traffic, he does the ricer flyby
>drop a gear and pin it
>torque of a wet fart
>he WOTs because BRAH
>he ends up going probably 95 in a 35
>come to the next light, he's turning off
>light turns, textbook slides his rear end out, ends up sideways in a 3 lane road at a full stop
>continue down the road

250 life.

>order parts for bike
>supposed to show up yesterday
>UPS still hasn't handed over the package to the post office

[cant wake up]

No. I have autism.

>tfw a legit autist has more luck with the ladies than you

KILL ME

So I have a little bit of a problem.

I got a bar end mirror. It needs 3/8" of bare clipon outboard of the throttle tube. I bought it thinking that it came with an adapter that replaces the weighted bar ends. It did not come with such an adapter.

So I read the literature, and it says that the adapter is sold separately, but if at all possible, you should move your controls inboard to accommodate the mirror. So I unscrew the throttle housing and move it as far in as I could. Great, the mirror fits. But now the throttle sticks. It still self closes, but not nearly as affirmatively as it does when the throttle housing is where it originally was.

What might be causing the throttle to stick in this case?

I've considered removing a small amount of the throttle tube to allow for the mirror, and neatly cutting off the end of the rubber grip. It's longer than it needs to be anyway.

Ideas?

Thats a fucking joke. Here all medical expenses are covered for all third parties including any passengers in your vechicle.

Serves yourself right for buying retarded bar end mirrors

Bruh...in WA you don't need insurance to ride around. I've been doing this half a year. Been pulled over once by State Patrol without insurance for going 10 over and he didn't say shit about insurance. Didn't cite me since it was my "first offense" and let me off with a warning.

check for drag around the grip and throttle tube. Chances are you probably put the mirror mount right up against the grip so it's rubbing and creating friction. If not that then the grip might be the kind that wraps around the end of the bar partially so it drags against the bar now that you moved it.

as a stoner who is big on redneck engineering i think this is a great solution. you're able to rotate it and let the chemical soak every nook of the tank as if you're cooking a roast on a campfire.
+40 keks for using some random electric motor and belt to rotate it.
how long you been soaking it for? what else are you doing to your bike?
a couple of my friends and co workers always give me bad looks cuz im the kinda guy who uses his ratchets as a hammer, etc. you seem to be my kinda people

>the kind that wraps around the end of the bar partially so it drags against the bar now that you moved it.
Nailed it. No idea how I didn't think of that.

I checked if the mount was interfering with the grip and it wasn't. Never even crossed my mind that the grip was interfering with the clipon. Thank you.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

It's always the same people who call others retarded and unsafe for not wearing gear who spaz out when any other person says anybody who rides a motorcycle at all is retarded and unsafe

Let him do as he wants and stop being a faggot on the Internet. You could very easily get wrapped around a tree tomorrow even with your space suit looking gear

just a few weeks ago i got smoked by some mexican dude with his little son in some pos looking 2 door 90's pick up truck. im sitting there at the light, hear a horn go off. look over and he just goes "YOU READY??"
i tried
but i got rekd
i love my 250

I have a lot to work on, need to rebuild my carbs, hone the cylinder walls, clean the pistons up, bondo and prime the gas tank. This is more of the immediate thing I need done.

That black tube is actually cardboard. That whole rig was made from stuff found around the workshop.

This is what my motorcycle looked like when I got it

I know it's not legally required. I have full coverage on my car and motorcycle insurance seems cheap enough there's really no reason not to buy it.

Maybe if you had the freedom to filter you would understand how annoying they are

enjoy no longer being able to see the mirrors in your peripheral vision and now being required to physically turn your gaze away from the road in order to look back.

Bar end mirrors are stupid and whenever I see somebody with them on their bikes I consider them automatically to be somebody of low intelligence.

Who even looks in their mirrors