Honestly, lets be real here, why would you drive any other transmission over Manual?

Honestly, lets be real here, why would you drive any other transmission over Manual?
>inb4 better gas milage
>inb4 traffic and muh clutch foot
>inb4 i have a disibility
>inb4 automatics today are better than manuals
>inb4 DSG or CVT
>inb4 shifter paddles or "manual mode"
none of these are arguments over manual.

manual transmissions are cheaper to maintain than an auto matic transmission. autos have computers in the trannies to decide when to shift for you.
they have torque converters
more moving parts than a manual which is worst for wear

we need to band together and save the manuals.

>he couldn't afford the automatic

FWD a shit

Because they only sell automatic compact SUVs in my country (Canada).

>computers
>moving parts
Thats all solid state, very reliable and easy enough to replace if it does fail. Even 90s GM vehicles had auto transmissions that were good for 200k+ miles.

why the fucking fuck would you fucking buy a compact fucking suv? you are what the fuck is wrong with the fucking auto industry

"why would you drive any other transmission over Manual?"
>proceeds to list 6 reasons why

I have an uncle that drives an automatic 2005 GTO, he is disabled and doesn't have the leg strength operate the clutch anymore. I don't see why this isn't reasonable.

You're an idiot, the computers don't have the moving parts, all the other auto systems do.

I'll always own a manual vehicle, but i wouldn't complain about a self driving commuter.

girls love guys that drive manual. its a true fact.

>women

his boomer ass shouldnt be driving anymore then

>mfw im 23
im still fucking 18 and 19 year olds. shit is cash

are you mad that he has a glorious 6.0 LS2 and you drive a shitbox?

>pig fat
>cant turn
>heavy
>automatic
not at all. my car is still manual trans and his isnt.

I like to text,eat,play games, while I drive

Only plebs stuck in the 1990s still drive manuals. It's 2016 faggot, time for an upgrade and keep up with the times.

i vape, eat and text when i drive.
all while shifting. sometimes i have my passenger do it for me. your argument is invalid

>my mom and dad bought me my 2016 automatic cvt shit box
>im gonna post on Veeky Forums and make fun of all the manual fags "still stuck in the 90's"
>feels good to be born in the year 2000

Okay grandpa, it isn't 1950 anymore

>mfw i was born in 1993

kek

I do to in my work rig 10 speed but feels so good getting me in automatic and just going home at the end of the day

>nothing can shred through the twisties like my miata
>my boyfriend says it's the fastest car hes ever sat in

>implying i would ever drive a slow ass fuck faggy miata
4/10 for making me reply

It's one of these threads again.

Here's your (you)

Because I have only one foot.

Automatics are less work to drive. The manual transmission version of my car is 2K less resale.
It does not have a better gas mileage because in normal driving I'm not changing at exactly the same micro precision time to get best gas mileage. I do not want to get out of my car and feel like I've been at work.

And I looked I still have only one foot.

Why do manual fags like to parade around like actual fags?
Like every day there are threads about muh manual superiority
As an automatic driver I don't even think about driving a manual car or that people driving manuals should drive auto
This thread is literal obsession

Mazda CX-5 comes manual

My 2015 fiesta is manual.

legit some 18 year old got in my car the other day and she was CREAMING over it being manual.

Coulda totally got laid if I wasn't in a long term relationship

the only people who drive autos are disabled, either physically (no legs) or mentally

My left leg is bum from multiple surgeries and RA.

Also
>lists multiple arguments against manuals
>says they're not arguments
How delusional can one person be?

Remind me to tell to tell my neurosurgeon that....

I'm sure he will get a laugh

Just because you like it does not mean everyone else does.

I'm 50 I lost use of a foot jumping out of perfectly good airplane with a buttload of gear on me.

please stop taking this to religious level

Just drive your stick and don't believe everyone is the same as you. This a typical Veeky Forums delusion. Absolutes... yes or no any disagreement from you is a obviously a idiot

Grow up please....

So he has a problem and you are telling him he should give up the independence a vehicle offers. May I suggest you put your car keys away for 30 days and try life....

It's like all those cut vs. uncut threads on /b/.
Only the uncut fags give enough of a shit about other fag's foreskin to make threads about it all of the time. Only manual drivers start these shitty threads to try and feel superior over automatic drivers, who literally don't give a shit what kind of transmission your car has.

Manuals are no more or less expensive than automatics. This is fucking 2016 not 1940 any transmission will be pretty bulletproof and the car will probably rust apart before a transmission breaks, unless you mod like an idiot.

Automatics do use some electronic computers to change when the system will shift but the basic mechanism that actually shifts is still a mechanical part.

The worst thing for wear is friction and heat, which are preventable on an automatic and manuals with precise machining. However, a manual always undergoes wear every shift because you are basically using a break to couple gears, so if you try you can kill a manual in 20k mi or less something you can't do in a automatic unless you really do something incredibly stupid.

DSG is a totally a fucking argument, in fact it is a trump card, that manual weeaboos won't accept as the final solution.

And how is a torque converter a fucking negative? It probably allow for improved MPG in stop and go situations over a manual. To clarify stop and go I mean a situation where the car never needs to be shifted out of first under say 10 or 15 mph.

Manuals inside cars in this day and age for the equivalency of "muh feels" tumblr sjw tier shit, compare a modern manual to any auto or semi auto transmission, you can find a single advantage other than weight which is negligible. The only time a manual wins over auto or semi in application is on something as small as a motorcycle, but you won't see manual elitist fags on those due to feeling superior on working harder for "muh feels"

>auto cars are cheaper to buy

>because faggots like OP

300+ hp car and cost less than $3000. automatic RWD

eat shit

bro...you're only 5 years older...

>i'll make an argument but inb4ing all the valid counter arguments
you are such a faggot, i am legit stumped you could find time to write this post between your rounds of being the poor little white guy in the eponymous award-winning film series

I drive a manual to live out my boy racer dreams. Don't care what anyone else drives

Automatics today ARE better than manuals, they're more efficient. Not older cars though, you are correct there.

It's a falseflag made by an autofag.

because a manual in stop in go is a pain, that's why I have 2 cars.

I'm 33 and still fuck early 20's girls, I'd go younger but I don't feel like sending them home to read a book when we go out and I prefer a girl that knows how to fuck and won't go crazy when sex is as far as it goes.

girls like nice cars with auto climate control, heated seats and nice stereos better. It's rare to find a chick that's actually into the mechanical aspect of cars and when you do, they usually aren't very feminine.

>why would you drive any other transmission over Manual?

I wouldn't.

faggot

Auto feel more unreliable

No its not. Not even on the DC beltway in a 500hp LS7. Stop being a fucking sissy.

>Honestly, lets be real here, why would you drive any other transmission over Manual?

If I lost an arm, or leg or both balls.

Comfort.

>Manuals are no more or less expensive than automatics.

Totally full of shit right here, prove otherwise.

>Automatics do use some electronic computers to change when the system will shift

My brain is far better and faster at deciding when and how to shift because I know what lies down the road better than any transmission ever will, barring some sort of human level AI shit.

>The worst thing for wear is friction and heat, which are preventable on an automatic and manuals with precise machining.

Manuals already almost NEVER heat up significantly. Why buy an automatic and have to add a cooler and all sorts of shit when a manual doesn't suffer from the same design flaw?

>DSG is a totally a fucking argument, in fact it is a trump card, that manual weeaboos won't accept as the final solution.

Consumer reports and experience say otherwise.

>And how is a torque converter a fucking negative?

They are shittier in almost every respect, they overheat, they wear out and fail in nasty ways, and no, they don't get better mileage in stop and go traffic unless you are an idiot and rev up your shit every time you creep forward.

>implying we get women in our cars anyway

Nobody jealous of the fat sluts you fuck.

>implying most girls give a fuck about cars.

>I do not want to get out of my car and feel like I've been at work
Unless you deal with stop and go traffic all the time its not an issue. You're brain completely handles it.

Manuals can engine brake. You wear out your brakes less with manual.

Engine braking wears out the transmission.

>Doesn't know how engine braking works
o i am laffin

So does driving forwards...

Honestly I have no problem with something like a dual-clutch transmission once they have reliability comparable to existing manuals. Basically as long as:
A) I can choose when to shift
B) the powertrain isn't routed through a slushbox

I don't mind operating the clutch in my car, but I probably wouldn't miss it either. Knowing that I can is good enough.

>taking the b8 this hard

manualfag here, I don't mind people driving automatic and i really don't care if they do

I drive a manual because I'm used to it and I have better control over the car.

Pic related, it's my 80 quattro, I drove an S6 quattro automatic and it just felt iffy most of the time

>Driving a slow manuel
>Not driving a fastomatic

stick can't compete

Learnt on a manual but first car is an auto as a gift from my dead granddad.

So it's not really like I had a choice.

They're Called "cuv" now famalam

Butthurt faggots will never know what it's like to

H E E L T O E
E
E
L
T
O
E

I just like manual because it makes me feel like I'm controlling the car instead of merely directing where it goes

Well given the M3 CSL only came with an SMG, thats why.

Яж ми кypa, Гeopги!

>automatics today are better than manuals
It depends on what car are we talking and who's the driver. If you're not a pro driver than the PDK will do a better job than you.

>inb4 better gas mileage
this was still true about a decade ago, most modern auto trannys squeeze out slightly better gas mileage than their manual counterparts

but even so I'll still choose manual because I don't mind sacrificing a gallon or two of gas at city speeds in exchange for a more entertaining driving experience

Well, personally, if you live somewhere with very heavy traffic, manuals are fucking horrible, but apart from that, i love them. They give me so much more control over the car, it just feels so much better than having computers decide when to shift for me.

Sequential manuals are a load of fun.

>I have no idea what the fuck i'm talking about.

>most modern auto trannys squeeze out slightly better gas mileage than their manual counterparts

At the cost of downshifting at every possible moment when your less than 20% on the throttle and you're stuck in a gear with no torque or horsepower so when you need to accelerate the car jerks up trying to figure out what gear you want.

>2k less resale

This is how you can tell you're driving a bad car. I have good taste and therefor only look at cars with good performance, the manuals are all noticeably more expensive, they're far more rare.

Because it makes catching Pokemon while I'm driving hard
Ive driven stick my whole life up until my most recent car which is just a plain ol' commuter. Unless it's a sports car or you're hauling a load stick is useless.

Because eventually (and it's already started), cars are being built with automatic tranmissions in the design. Therefore everything else will shift with it.

I dont expect manual transmissions to exist anymore by 2030.

I like to offroad. I have full control with my 3 speed auto tranny if I want it, but don't have to worry about it otherwise.

Most girls don't know shit about cars, and don't care what you drive as long as it's shiny and new
If your opinion of a car is solely shaped by how you think girls react to it, you're pathetic

the base renegade has a manual transmission and [at a stretch] so do kia souls

SUNGEARS
U
N
G
E
A
R
S

No.

> Mileage
Manual wins
> Traffic
Time your driving better.
> Muh clutch foot
Even jammed against the firewall next to the clutch, I got camps today.
> Disability
Unless your fucking left leg doesn't work, you don't need an automatic. Douglas fucking Bader drove a manual, and he lost both his legs in a plane crash.
> Alphabet soup
Nobody can afford that shit
> Flappy paddles
You're not a race driver.

Simples.
Automatics don't read the road. People do.

A car is supposed to take you from A to B with as least interaction as possible, it's not a horse carriage where you need to whip your horse and shit. Yes, you have "more control" over your car and it's cheaper to produce and easier to maintain but honestly no one wants to hassle and shift every 1500k rpm over muh mileage and whatnot. I'm sorry but that's the future and you should brace, be happy self controlled cars won't happen so soon.

I've driven the same auto my whole life but am about to look for a new car, and really like the idea of driving a manual, but I live in a downtown area. Will it be that impractical? I can't tell if y'all are being dramatic or not about manual being annoying in traffic, which is something I pretty much have to deal with every day

It's not that annoying but you'll probably fuss over creepers because muh clutch

if you are in heavy, slow moving stop and go traffic a manual does get annoying. you can't "creep" in a manual
>clutch in
>release brake
>put in gear
>gas in, clutch out
>move 10 feet
>off gas
>clutch in
>foot on brake
>repeat

shit gets old fast. That said, I do still daily a manaul

>being proud about texting and driving
Crash and die

Can't you just leave it in 1st and use the clutch to creep forward? You should have enough torque to creep forward without giving it gas, if not then re-evaluate your life. Does that actually wear shit out?

Don't take my word for it (new here, could be wrong), but I've heard that doing shit like that wears out the transmission really fast

>mfw when I use my cute unassuming 5spd Yaris to draw the ladies in and then show them all my other monster rides.

I'd say it works about 60% of the time when I put in the effort.

>automatic
>upgrade
manual is just better it's funner more reliable and more durable

Cause your parents gave you an fwd automatic for a first car

It's not bad. The horror stories about clutches wearing early are from used car poor people hack jobs or those who don't admit to their Missed shifts or non rev matching idiots.
Y

If you have an automatic you probably don't enjoy driving, all fags saying its annoying are probably lazy cunts that just have a car as a necessity.
Enjoy accelerating on the same straight half mile autofags.

>any transmission will be pretty bulletproof

>have a 2010 cvt BONE FUCKING STOCK
>cvt shits the bed @60k
>little solenoid gets stuck in the open position causing it to slam shift from P to any thing else
>whole thing is replaced because dealer would rather remove and replace than fix it (warranty)
>(talked to 3rd party tranny shop for 2nd opinion. said they would remove and replace as well)
>newly replaced cvt starts to over heat 20k later when driving above 50mph for more than 5 mins
>remove and replace tranny (warranty)
>sell car

you said any transmission. And I babied they hell out of it and drove it to get the cvt EMPEEGEES.

On a side note I get told that i should of drove it like I stole it on the grounds that imports need to be beat on. This drives me up an inverted wall.