Dodge Challenger, Ferd Mustang, Chebby Camaro

Test drove a Challenger, along with 2 versions of the Mustang and a Camaro.

All 3 cars had their own appeals, but the Dodge was the cheapest and most comfortable. Would I be making a mistake in buying one of these three as a daily driver?

Other urls found in this thread:

fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2015_Dodge_Challenger.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The challenger is too big imo

Which specs did you compare to say the Dodge is 'cheapest'?

Buying a gimped sports car to drive daily doesn't work well unless you just absolutely love the car itself. Buying a Hellcat Challenger to drive every day is also a bad idea.

it is huge. its like a rolls royce sized car.

>best performance - Camaro
>most comfortable - Challenger

>EcoBoost - Mustang

>Nearly fully-loaded Mustang V6
>Decently-loaded Ecoboost Mustang
>Camaro 2LT V6 w/Anniversary package and leather seats
>Almost fully-loaded Challenger R/T

Sorry for slow reply, I'm on mobile and skimming through the models I looked at.

It's smaller than my current car.

That's what I got out of testing them, with the Mustang sitting somewhere in the middle. The interior ans trunk space on the Camaro was absolutely abysmal compared to the Challenger.

if you must buy a v6, go for the ford since it's lighter than the challenger, and cheaper than the camaro by a long shot. Mustangs are good bang for you buck.

But if you are going the v8 way, then more details count. The R/T could be fun. The SS is again very expensive (but very fast all around). The GT could also be good fun but i expect you tried the Ecoboost as well.

The challenger is excellent if you need or want lots of space, as it is a large car. However, that means it is heavy and does not handle quite as well as the other two. If you have money tho, get the scat pack. What a beautiful car, and hauls major ass.

So give me details OP: do you need space? will you be DDing this car? will you be tracking this car? What car looks the best to you (subjective, i know, but important) What trim and price range are you looking at? Does fuel efficiency matter to you?

You did good by trying them all out. Let the dealers know you are looking at the other 2, for price incentives and shit.

sorry didn't see your reply OP

the boy racer in me says camaro but i have a 10 month old and i could use the space of a challenger.

plus dat burbling hemi

>So give me details OP: do you need space? will you be DDing this car?
On both counts, yes. It'll be replacing my current DD (which is an old F-250 my grandfather gave me)

>will you be tracking this car? What car looks the best to you (subjective, i know, but important)
Eventually I'd like to track it, but I mainly wanted a fun daily driver. I also think the Challenger looks the best of the bunch. The Camaro looks like one of those cheap chinese computer cases, and the Mustang looks like an angry fish.

>What trim and price range are you looking at? Does fuel efficiency matter to you?
For each car, I glanced at all the trims under or around $35k and compared what they offered. I want something that actually has features, and isn't just a barebones car. This is where the Dodge shines compared to the other two. The 1SS is fucking expensive, and add another $4kish for packages, so I'd have to go with the 2LT V6. I can get a Ferd Mustang GT for the money, but the Ford package pricing seems absurdly high. The Dodge has multiple specials going on since nobody seems to buy them. So a fully-loaded R/T is going for well under MSRP. Fuel efficiency matters a bit, especially coming off driving a Roadmaster and an F250. I paid an arm and a leg for gas between the two. If it doesn't get good gas mileage it won't kill me, but it's an added bonus.

>wanted to buy a scat pack
>have good credit
>have decent job

>can't get anyone to finance me
>don't want to use up all my dosh

Then a R/T with the more fuel efficient 8 speed automatic sounds like a good plan. The new 2016 ones have nice interiors.

The SS is expensive. Even a v6 camaro is priced high imo.

and forgot
Do you live somewhere that has real winters? You'll probably need a winter beater in that case. I'd cringe to see a car like that see road salt. I wouldn't give so many fucks about a v6 ford mustang in the snow tho. but then again its easy to say when its not my car.
>fucking canada

I live in Austin, not really.

>6.4L has 1 less EMPEEGEE

pls no meme ty

The r/t is a 5.7l.
1 mpg out of 18 is still a 5-6% improvement. So it really depends how much OP values efficiency.
fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2015_Dodge_Challenger.shtml
for reference

Corvette is the best of the 3 and only 10k.

You don't even need $500 and afternoon because the LS1 is already swapped.

for you

>I have a kid
Do him a favor and buy a Chevy SS

>performance
>camaro

The Challenger is the perfect car for Americans. My fat ass sits pretty well in the seats. The visibility out of the windows is kinda ass on all three of those cars though. Not sure if it's the car I'd buy with a baby.

I'm OP, and I don't have a child.

I'm a 21-year-old college student and trust fund babby.