Mfw most used FR-S go for less than 15k, usually 12k

>mfw most used FR-S go for less than 15k, usually 12k
>In 2 years they will be under 10k
>mfw
These things are gonna be the new Miata, a widely popular FR car that has a lower rice tax than things like the 240SX and AE86. Pic related is just one of many examples.

Other urls found in this thread:

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5695330962.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah maybe with a rebuilt title
and most of them are rebuilt titles

Yes, most of them are. Surprisingly though the one in the OP supposedly has a clean title.

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5695330962.html

Sounds to good to be true.

>I only get texts from other iPhones
Nigger's so in debt he can't pay his phone bill

i' m not so sure, a big part of the miata appeal is cheap power from turbos but the engines in 86 twins don't like forced induction much, there's that supercharger but it doesn't add much power

hasn't stopped people from doing it

decent examples are still 18-20K, anything down around 12K is salvage or beat to shit

>the engines in the 86 twins don't like forced induction much

Nigger hwat, Crawford Performance is getting more than 400whp with their turbo setup, you're a fucking moron

Can I buy a cheap FRS and throw in a Nissan 370z engine in there? What would be the most bang-for-your-buck engine to put in a Scion FRS in terms of extra horsepower/cost?

did you find a manual 124 abarth to test drive yet by the way?
it seems like fiat dealers are being fags like they were with the 4c and saying "oh no test drives, buyers don't want miles on these"

Neither of the two dealerships near me have gotten an Abarth yet. Just got to test drive 2 regular 124 manuals.

>dealers are being fags
No, they're preventing retards like you from wasting time driving a car you're not going to buy.

true, but generally blanket denying test drives is a shitty dealer thing to do, they did it with the 4C since FCA thought it was some super exotic supercar, probably part of the reason why it sold so poorly, nobody could try it out

Lol this is why the Fiat dealership in Cary, one of the fucking richest areas in all of NC, has like 6 of them sitting around that they can't sell.

I don't think they will try that shit with me, since they couldn't even pre-sell their first order of regular 124's here, but if they do, I will tell them point blank it cost them a sale, as I'll wait 1-2 years and get a used one

If I do seriously try to get one new, I am going to smack them around with fiat depreciation as much as possible

>things ricers say

>things deluded faggots ignore

Ive had a turbo on mine with 8psi for 3 years now. Hasnt let me down once and done some pretty hard track days

how much power do you get from it
how much did it cost

Stock power was 108kw at the wheels, currently has 183kw. The kit cost $5k and i installed it myself because mechanic. I charged $800 to install a couple as weekend cashie jobs though, normal labour rates at work would make it around $1100

for 5 grand, i guess they're an ok car.

they are not worth 25k, because a SERIOUS amount of work needs to be done to make them good.

honestly and i loathe to say this but what they need is a ls swap (i would say 2jz swap, but it has difficulty fitting).

a ls swapped 86 would actually be pretty fucking strong, what with how light they are...but think about it right.

who's going to spend 25 grand on a base car that's shit, then another 20 to put in the ls and another 10 on suspension.

if it was 5 grand used, cunts could do this.

>5 grand for car
>20 grand on a built LS
>10 grand on suspension

and get a really tuff car for 35k. that's a fair price.

but yea, the base car is so shit it NEEDS the following to even have a chance

>Tires
>Better coils
>Better engine (even turboing one is going to grenade it, best to replacE)

>kw
What the fuck is this meme?

What is the HORSEPOWER?

>cars should be sold 5k a piece new
Ok

Sti swap

Killer wasps, mate. I didnt mean to trigger your PTSD. 144hp stock 245hp after turbo

Fucking boring let's see a toyota tundra v8 in one, keep Japanese atleast

Yo that's good.

Also i live in a metric country and prefer metric for most things. But keep horsepower the standard.

I've owned my frs for almost 3 years now. There still isn't a new car for under 30k that I would rather rather.

>Fucking boring

How so? It's sure as hell faster than that turd you call a car.

Must be fun getting passed by minivans

stock dyno puts it at like 175, going from 108 to 183 is a 41% increase so 175 + 41% is 245 wheel horsepower....
that's actually not bad at all, for 5k

i was under the impression that motor was compressed as fuck and really didn't have the room for much power

Do you know where that would leave the torque?

oh you mean the general mo- I mean "Toyota" 5.7?

>and most of them are rebuilt titles
How do so many people manage to wreck them if they handle well?

Prius tires mixed with delusions of grandeur ("I'm gonna be like TAKUMI, watch this!")

>How do so many people manage to wreck them if they handle well?
>Handles well
I guess it's relative, it handles better than a corolla that's for sure.

That and KIDS, same reason civic SI and shit are hard to find.

>There still isn't a new car for under 30k that I would rather rather.
There is a thrift store near me staffed by literal retards. They rather lick windows, shit their pants and make weird noises than behave normally. Just because they seem to be having the time of their lives doesn't mean anybody else sees what they are doing and thinks it is a good idea.

Do you have a good reason why we should pay attention to your opinion? Because when I read your post I felt like I was watching a smiling retard piss herself in public.

But all the reviewers said THEY HANDLE LIKE GOD

Just because they handle well doesn't mean twats that don't know how to drive wont crash them.

Also Iv'e driven one a few times and I think its the fact that it handles so well that gives you that false sense of being able to push your limits

Local craigslist looks like 15k clean 12k salvage.
This is California though so everything's going to be more expensive than states not subjected to bi-annual smog bullshit.

You make it sound like the handling is crap. A good car doesn't bite your head off when you push it a little too far.

Calm down with that edge user.

This is a thread about the 86, so I thought I would share my opinion about the car since I own one. I've also driven/owned plenty of sporty cars in the past.

There is a reason with this car gets so much praise. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good.

Like I said its all down to the drivers experience not the car itself, the car handles great but if you overexert and fuck up its not gonna save you

>I'm 22 and I have driven 5 other cars, I know what I've got!

No test drive = automatic no buy. They're kidding themselves if they think a premium miata is a special car that isn't about to depreciate like hell.

I would probably think of them as the future AE86 rather than a Miata simply because not convertible.

I'm 28 which is like 50 on Veeky Forums.

I've also probably owned more cars than you've driven.

I'm 34 and holy shit do you sound like a pretentious cocksucker

>This dumb user doesn't understand that on an anonymous image board claiming personal experience as the basis for an opinion means that opinion is completely worthless.
Folks, these are the kind of idiots that like Toyobarus

>I've also probably owned more cars than you've driven.
I doubt that

You know, I wouldn't be giving you shit if you had just stated why you liked it instead of pretending to be some kind of authority on cars.

Yeah well I'm 58 and I've driven like eleventy-billion cars!

I'm not trying to brag, just defending myself.

I guess I could lie about owning cars, but why would I?

>You know, I wouldn't be giving you shit if you had just stated why you liked it instead of pretending to be some kind of authority on cars.
I like the car for the same reasons everyone else does. Obviously it's not for the wicked fast acceleration, or luxurious interior. You could have just asked me what I liked best instead of being a condescending asshole.

Horsepower a shit
kW is where it's at

Why would you want a bigger heavier V8? It would only fuck up the weigh dist. more. There's no point in using anything but an LS in a small car.

I found Jay Leno!

I've had mine for a year now and whilst it ~could~ use some more grunt down low, for flying around the mountain roads outside of town I seriously can't think of a car I'd rather until you get to a BMW M2 or higher price tag.

No, not the new Miata. This will be the new S2K. Overrated, still overvalued, but a decent used track car.

>lets put a bigger heavier, and weaker engine in this car that has less aftermarket parts just in the name of keeping the car 100% japanese
How fucking STUPID are you?
Fucking delusional weaboos holy shit.

Except it's an amazing car stock.

Same.
I was originally considered a WRX and GTI, figured may as well give an 86 a try as it's the same price.

Gave it a try, holy shit. How it handled just absolutely blew away the GTI and the WRX.
Even though it's a shitload slower and less practical I put down a deposit and ordered it the same day.

>These things are gonna be the new Miata
You niggers have been forcing this meme for 10 years already. It's still not "the new Miata".

>Benchracer: the post.

I can't believe this car is still triggering Veeky Forums. You never hear people saying this shit about the ND Miata, when you have to spend an extra $3k on the Miata just to get an LSD.

Obvious answer is a 2jz or even a 1jz. Keeps 8t Toyota too

So you're admitting it's less useful. How retarded are you?

>mfw jay is a Veeky Forumsfag
it all makes sense yeaaaah

It's not a secret that a fwd hatchback, and awd sedan are more practical than a small, rwd coupe.

So are you saying that FF is inferior?

To a properly set-up rwd platform?

Obviously

I can't wait.

(sorry for the stickers)