Are fatasses really the reason automatics are so popular in the US...

Are fatasses really the reason automatics are so popular in the US? I just came home from hour and half of 7mph traffic in a manual w/no ac and black leather seats and it just occured to me that a fatass would probably be dead by the time the traffic ended.

Is there any data correlating fatass per capita to percentage of automatic vehicles?

pic unrelated

that's a good looking car.

There are plenty of fat poor people that drive stick too.

culture of a -> b

am I the only one that thinks that car looks scary af? like imagine opening your garage and seeing that car, fuck im outtie. literally looks like a demon

No. Not at all.

It's just America is where most of the innovation in automobiles happened.

Americans are full consumerism as FUCK.

Gas is still comparatively cheap in the US

Americans believed themselves to be far above shifting their own gears

and marketing is a hell of a thing.

So basically, when GM came out with hydramatic, it was seen as the thing to have WHOA A TRANSMISSION THAT CAN CHANGE FOR YOU!? And every automaker followed that train of though in all the land barges.

Meanwhile Europe is still GAS IS EXPENSIVE HERE'S A MINI!

Also AC was first in a US car too, i think it was Chrysler Imperial.

Its that and Americans view driving as a choir and cars as a utility

No op,
Answer is simple TRAFFIC

Driving manuel in crowded cities all over america is a hassle. Only time roads are empty and perfect for manueling is 1-4 am.

So my Daily is an automatic

Have you heard of WWII?

sounds like you're just poor if you let yourself cook with no a/c.

>implying it takes a marathon runner to shift a manual
If matt farah can do it, anyone can

You say that as if all the countries on earth didn't have at least one crowded city.

That's because it is. We don't have trains and busses to take us to work.

No you fucking sperg. Automatics save mpg and are for fucking appliance cars , not everyone wants to or likes to actually drive it's a mere appliance. That's not a bad thing, you're just being autistic over the fact that people don't like what you like

If you have a manual on a commuter car that's not sport centric, you're wasting mpg, ease of use, and no you can't say you have fun in your fucking base fiesta just because hurr durrr it's manual

>you can't say you have fun in your fucking base fiesta just because hurr durrr it's manual

>this fag is so booty bothered he actually believes he can say how and how not to have fun
Tip top lel my friend

To add to this everyone in Americlap has an auto. Your parents, your friends, etc. No mates with a 5spd shitbox to practice in for an afternoon or two.

The only choice for practice is to pick up a $300 Craigslist special to fuck about in and post-cash for clunkers the used market is gutted. Thanks Obama. Land of the leased and financed, etc.

>no a/c

nice shitbox faggot

>you're wasting mpg

tell that to my HONDA bitch

>everyone in Americlap has an auto
Join your local facebook car group, million guys with manuals, and far more shitposting than Veeky Forums

>European superiority complex

I love how Euros think they are superior for using outmoded technology.

Yea that's true too, no one really cares to drive a manual and it's easy to find auto.

Manual is exactly like driving a RWD, it's something people who like cars do now. There's no advantage to a RWD anything except larger vehicles like jeeps and trucks, but that's besides the point.

You have to understand that most people want to go from point A to point B with the least amount of work done. They don't want to take detours so they can speed through that part of the road that never has any cops or go around that one bend to feel the suspension or go on the grooved pavement to hear the road. They want a car that is comfy, cheap to feed and maintain, and moves. THIS is exactly why toyota has done so well, because unlike everyone else who tries to be innovative, toyota doesn't do anything innovative. They make a cheap comfy reliable car and sell it for a good price.

I like driving, and even though my current cars are automatic i still like to drive. That's why i make sure my cars are in good mechanical shape, so i can take the detours and go through the rougher pavement so i can judge my suspension or corner really hard sometimes make my rear wheels squeal. And that's why if i could have the same car in auto or manual i would chose manual.

>tfw no dodge dakota 4x4 4.7liter manual

>>automatics

Who gives a shit. WE HAVE CARS THAT FUCKING DRIVE THEMSELVES. In 20 years enthusiasts will be jerking it to automatics for the feel of actually driving.

Are Europeans really this obsessed with Americans?

>my daily

I'm fat and I drive stick.

For fucks sake stop thinking driving manual is something hard or special. Everyone here does, old people, retarded women, etc. everyone. Yes, its much more but not in traffic.If you can't afford a comfy auto for daily commuting and a manual car for fun then you are just poor. Stop getting angry at people not caring about cars or having nicer things than you.
A fellow Eurofag.

Have to say... I hate the stateside trend in automotives. it's made people lazy as fuck about their cars. I have even talked to people who literally say they absolutely cannot drive stick.

>American
>White as cool whip
>Has never owned an automatic

And allow me to enlighten you fine f/o/lks on something I discovered recently. I've been looking into a new Ford lately because of Fleet pricing. The Mustang was a floozy moment, where I just said "What if..." I'm not getting it, but when I went around looking, I found a total of 15 manual Mustangs of any given trim (11 of which were GTs) within 50 miles of my house. The total number of Mustangs in that sample? Around 200. That makes me physically ill to think about. Three of the dealers didn't even have a manual on the lot at all.

I tried teaching my girlfriend to drive stick. She can kind of do it, and I think she could learn if she really applied herself, but I don't think she has the interest.

Kind of sucks for her because I picked up a 78 Bronco project recently, on account of her creaming herself over them, and I wanted to try something new. Only one worth buying that I could find was a 4 speed granny gear with shot synchros, so good luck to her ever driving it.

You're a faggot.

Manual Transmission will actually use 98% of available power, compared to 85% with a torque converter automatic. It all depends where you shift, if you shortshift the fuq out of a manual, you will always get better economy in one.

Nice made up numbers.