Hey Veeky Forums what is your favorite engine and why...

Hey Veeky Forums what is your favorite engine and why. Mines the ls7 because I've always liked the ls type and it's fucking huge

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmrCYiD6UQI
youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA
youtube.com/watch?v=SNkIvO0eFIw
youtube.com/watch?v=ctf-CFOJn2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no Ecoboost
trash

BMW S85

inb4 the ecoboost boys

Renesis

really nigga?

You like lawn mower engines?

Barra 4.0l straight six. Cooks rice like nothing.

6.7L Cummins Turbodiesel cause dat 900 lb/ft

>he doesn't drive a renesis swapped miata
>laughingwhores.jpg

2JZ GTE because I know nothing

>chooses objectively worst rotary engine design
>when the 20B and 26B exist.
it's time to rethink your life decisions.

This and ls1

>renesis swapped miata
So a convertible RX-8?

>he doesn't challenge himself

1ZZ-FE because going slow is my fetish

with 2 less doors

replace the renesis with a Turbo II 13B and it doesn't sound half bad tbqh.

Tie between Nissan KA24DE and Honda K24a2

>taking out the miata engine
>to put in another slow ass engine

The BMW M20 is a leaky unreliable piece of overheating trash but the intake manifold looks pretty neat so

I can see the appeal. NA a cute.

Isn't that just a convertible FD RX-7 then?

>wants to challenge himself with an essentially worse version of the 13B

No because the DD came with the 13B-REW, not the Turbo II

>not adding a turbo larger than a renesis rotor

No, the 13B from the FC Turbo II has a single turbo.

>arguing over doritos when the ecoboost exists

>thinks econoboost is cooler than doritos
no

D16z6, h22a, vq35de, 2zzge, 4g63, i like japanese engines lmao

426 Hemi. The single greatest engine ever devised by man. It is the thing of nightmares, running on a combination of hate and rage. It's main exports are horsepower, torque, and erections.

What the fuck is with the headers, do they blow exhaust out the front

That's my tie with the ls7, both monstrous engines capable of tons of power

>D16z6

honda d series here

>w-why

take a closer look at where the exhaust manifold is going into...

>tfw no clean FC

I know that feel brother.

I'm fond of the chevy small block

And I find out I have autism

Tfw youve got a shitty, rotting 1995 altima, with a perfectly good ka24de engine sitting with not even 100k miles on it.

I think the l98 was a pretty cool engine with the sexiest intake manifold

Nissan L-Series, i don't think there is a better block from the 70's that has been made, the one I'm working on right now has almost 150k miles on it, and the taper // elliptical wear is within 0.0004-0.0007mm on each cylinder.

Ford 427 SOHC, cause 800hp N/A in 1965.

Yup. The sound of a V10 at over 8000 rpm does things to my special place

>tfw I will never own a XR6T sprint
They didn't come in manual anyway, but I can still dream.

the meme engine

The Audi inline 5 engine
>pumps out a respectable amount of power
>that fukken sound

See, you are going somewhere here, but Volvo 5 > Audi 5

Yeah boiiiiiiiii

Aussie Aussie Aussie

1FZ-FE BECAUSE INDESTRUCTIBLE

Are the Nissan L i6 engines any good in terms of maintenance and reliability? I know they're old but they can sound quite nice.

old pathfinder engine

S1 quattro

>7400rpm rev limiter
>Big displacement
>High compression, no turbo
>Reliable as a bitch
My uncle is super negligent with his G35 and it wont die, it's a east motor.

>east motor
beast motor*

>second time hearing prases of the g35/g37

No bullshit are they an import thats actually worth a shit? I always thought infinity was a piggyback brand like scion is to toyota but every time theyre mentioned on here its all good.

The G35 was a damn good tuner car, it's a luxury brand, but the car was something else, loud, somewhat raspy exhaust, stuff ride, it's basically a 350z stretched a little bit and comfier, and there is a sedan version, which I want.

>stuff ride
stiff ride*

Only thing disappointing about the 426 nowadays is that it's small in displacement, while being huge in packaging. On a modern Hemi block, you can make 530+ cubes (even bigger in the aftermarket), but you can get those original 426 out of a stroker small block. Add really wide heads, and iron blocks, and man those things are huge and heavy.

RB26 with a single turbo because they make absolutely beautiful sounds.

youtube.com/watch?v=DmrCYiD6UQI

They are pretty durable. Niggers from Africa beat on old Datsuns everyday.

>tfw I had a super clean FC that I got rid of because absolutely everything went wrong with it
seriously looks wise the FC might be my favourite car ever and in hindsight I probably should've just kept it and done a v8 swap but doritos are horrible engines

That mass is the reason why people push ludicrous power figures out of them, though. With beefed up internals, you can easily push over one thousand hours out of a Hemi. Really go balls out and you could have 1600HP like the psychopath down in Australia.

The 426 is insane. Black Magic goes in and out comes world shattering power.

The Tesla Model S motors.

They make a huge amount of torque and require no maintenance.

my nigga. inline 6s sound so good imo

Dat timing chain though

Toyota 4a-ge and 4k
Honda f20c
Nissan td42 and vh45
Mazda b6 and kl-ze
Alfa busso v6
Jag 4.2 inline 6
Holden 202 built to fuck because oh god that howl
Mitsi starion motor
That'll do

>ls7
>it's fucking huge

It's actually pretty small.

My favorite engine at the moment is whatever I'm driving. I make sure to research whatever I'm going to buy. Right now I've got a gen5 3sge in my altezza, 2l 4pot NA. Does pretty swell, though my Toyota altezza is a bit heavy for it to push around, but no problem beating Hondas on the toeghey. Its got a nice predictable power curve too so it handles like a dream, really nice and easy to slide out with the LSD as well.

Hopefully whatever I get next will be a busso. Been interested in em since I was a kid but its hard to find decent Alfas in new Zealand. Its mostly just jap imports.

VM Motori 2.5 TD

Only the stuff of legends. The best car an american company ever made and it wasn't even sold there.

Oldsmobile Rocket

I thought a lot of the volvo 5s were sourced from audi

2XR, the little tractor motors are like a scrappy dog. I have a 383 now but I still love my lil 4 popper

Speaking of diesel engines, can't forget the Mercedes-Benz OM606. You don't often see diesels revving out to 7 grand and pushing around 600 hp in the process
youtube.com/watch?v=6FYttMIdUmA

>Mitsi Starion motor
Please tell me your not talking about the 2.6 turbo with jet valves

bc they're ecoboost you shitty poo-poo head

oh my fucking god

The fuck does that idler on the right hit the top chain or?

Best engine, Fordfags mad af

>mfw it sounds way better than most petrol engines

no but a lot of existing Cammers have been converted to geared cams.

crate engine the fuck when

interesting.

On the topic of v8 fords why is literally every other single engine they ever made that isnt a v8 a huge turd?

I really want to like their other engines and the aussie i6 barra turbo is GR8 but literally everything else is shit.

the 2.3 lima was god tier.

Nope. Volvo basically had their straight sixes, chopped off one cilinder to make it fit transversely for FWD, and then asked Porsche to do the top end iirc. Audi was not involved.

And then those mad swedish cunts figured out how to stuff a straight six between the shocks - with two turbos as well.

thats the one out of the cozzie innit breh?

Timing chain was so damn long, you had to retard or advance one of the cams - because when you really geave it some throttle, the timing chain stretch would be enough to offset the cams.

The Flathead V8 is decent but it didn't age well and unless you plan on dumping tens of thousands of dollars into it it'll always be shit.

The Shotgun motor was cool but the retarded gaping ports made shit for low end flow which is why the 429 could never beat the Hemi. Then it seemed they got stuck on SOHC which everyone knows is literally worse than hitlan.

Got a soft spot for the first gen Hayabusa engine. Not huge on it in the bike though.

>SOHC
The old SOHC Intec 4.0 i6 engines ford au used to do back in the 90's where pretty good for their time

Even had a VCT version in the later models put down 200kw pretty impressive

I never got around to putting a cam in my non vct one but apparently they can push 300hp easy

Oh then you will probably like this

youtube.com/watch?v=SNkIvO0eFIw

>v4 pushrod
>180bhp
>1.65litre
>8500rpm redline
>100ftlb torks

The boosted bike they show for a sec with 250hp+ is insane i want it between my legs.

Dunno why but boosted bikes seems so much more fun for me as an idea than say a 1000hp jz

>is insane i want it between my legs.
As someone who rides a V4, you don't want penis nerve damage.

The car I posted with the 1299 makes 380bhp from the 1.3L i4. Redlines at 11,000rpm.

Boosted bikes tend to be hard to control or heavy. The only time I've seen it done successfully was the old Vyrus 987 that had a 1098 engine with a supercharger. Was 158kg with 210hp.

Whatever engine was in the cbr250rr. Going so slow has never sounded better

For sound, a naturally aspirated Porsche flat 6.

>Going so slow has never sounded better
Actually it has because those things sound like sentient farts screaming their hypothetical lungs out.
Stop being a poorfag

MC14e.

>farts
You're thinking of the CBR250R not the CBR250RR.
youtube.com/watch?v=ctf-CFOJn2w

oh my bad, it only sounds like a toy screaming as a child tears it apart.