Choose one making you better feeling!

Which do you choose?

4cyl 2.0 TT @ 1500 lbs
6cyl 3.0 T @ 2250 lbs
8cyl 4.0 @ 3000 lbs

Think of what these details would actually entail in a car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqwYQcV9mBg
youtube.com/watch?v=4aQca3TWFpM
youtube.com/watch?v=91WwiuZ7iKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>which do you chose
Ecoboost.

5+L V8

6cyl TT ya cunt

>4 cyl TT

>TT

w-what

also

>1500 lbs

Do you really think the only two important factors in a powertrain are the engine displacement and the car's curb weight?

tfw my cars are

>2000lbs FWD 60 hp
>3400lbs RWD 320 hp

You aren't being very imaginative. Think Lotus Elise.

an elise isn't twin turbo faglord

Nope but it is around 1500lbs and a 4cyl. Once again, you've proven your lack of imagination.

an elise is 1,987 lbs you fucking cock smoker

even more for a SUPERCHARGED version

you don't twin turbo 4 cylinders. its fucking retarded

i already own a car that weighs the same as an elise. its an EF HATCH

"The 1996 Lotus Elise weighed 725 kg (1,598 lb). Because of this low weight, it was able to accelerate 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 5.8 seconds despite its relatively low power output of 118 bhp (88 kW; 120 PS)."

Come back when you've gotten your brain and cock switched.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqwYQcV9mBg

4 cyl 1.0 SC @ 450 lbs

>4cyl 2.0 TT @ 1500 lbs
So long as it's not a Ford.

>you don't twin turbo 4 cylinders. its fucking retarded

Tell that to BMW, VW, Renault and all the other major manufactures who are doing just that. I can't help feel they know rather more than you.

They all sound horrible.

I'm American. What am I going to do with a 4 liter v8? It might as well just be a v6 at that displacement.

Just saying, Subaru made a twin turbo flat four in the 90s.

seriously who the fuck wants a 4.0

>weak v8
>low mpg

Implying 500cc per cylinder isn't empirically known as the best displacement.

I'll take the 1500lb shitbox

youtube.com/watch?v=4aQca3TWFpM
youtube.com/watch?v=91WwiuZ7iKs

Unless that 8cyl is heavily tuned (in which case it's impractical for daily use), it might have less power than the 6cyl. Screw that.

Given the extra weight, I'd assume the 6cyl car would have a roof and some creature comforts, so I'd pick that. The 4cyl sounds like an Atom-style racecar, and that's not enjoyable daily.

FCA's new i4 (Hurricane?) will have two turbo's. Look at BMW's I6 diesel, that thing has 4 turbo's.

Alright then, an Atom.

That makes sense though, since it has two banks, it'd shorten the piping length compared to a single turbo setup.

who is this kipwan seedowan?

BMW puts twin turbos on their 2l diesels, and they're i4. Checkmate mustang owners.

>you will never own a new V12 in your life

Even fucking Formula 1 went from 3.5l V12 with 20k+ redline to 1.8l V6 with 15K rev cap. Seriously fuck emission limits on low production cars.

why not buy an old V12 then? BMW 7's and 8's with the M70 are quite cheap and plentiful. They aren't half bad cars either granted you take care of them. Good care.

Spend 10k just in maintenece. Just because they are cheap to buy doesnt mean they are cheap to run. Plus they only came in autotragic minus I think 100 of them. Super rare to find a manual gearbox for those, although some people have modified other gearboxes to fit.

2250 with I6 N/A

Who needs a shitty spooling turbo when you can have a silky smooth S50b32 or S54.

I was actually looking into that, but I'm slav, so the closest ones to me are in Germany, and the nice ones are all already picked. Friend had the E28 and swapped in the 6 speed from 850i and every weekend he kept wrenching somethings that went wrong. I've heard that you can swap the tranny from 740i into the 750i E38, but those cars are still quite a bit expensive around here for experimenting like this.

Come on, they're not THAT expensive. Shit I would know because I own a high mileage one. Sure the manual labour is a bitch, but it's not like you'll be repairing it 24/7.
Also, the 750 never came in manual, only the 850 did with the 6 speed.

I wonder if people will look back at the late 60s to mid 90s and be like "those silly boomers with their 5l+ displacements and 8+ cylinders" while driving their 3 cylinder hybrid like we do right now at the shit like those 20l engines from early 20th century.

How is your MPG with the manual? I've heard the auto does like 18-20.

Yeah iirc its an 850csi, which are hella expensive. I mean I have seen just the trannys for those (420g iirc) sell for $6k+ when they do some up for sale. I wanted to m70 one of my e36s just because muh torque and muh coolfactor. But ive decided getting an s50b32 and a 95 chassis is much cheaper and easier to deal with. Although if I ever do blow a motor in one of my other e36s, i likely will throw in an autotragic m70.

But the maintenece on 850s are horrendus. Sure if you do the labor yourself it wont be too bad but I have seen a group of 850s that just dont want to leave our shop and have had 10k plus put into them. Obviously not all of them are like that but Ive seen a good portion of them that are.

I have a 750 E32, they never came in manual, only 4 speed auto.
To my surprise, the fuel consumption isn't that half bad if you're not stepping on it all the time.
Pretty similar to my earlier 730. With the 730, I averaged about 10l/100km, with the 750 according to the OBC I average at 11l/100km. That should be about 21mpg's.

Oh yeah, the 850 is bad, I was talking about the E32 750, the old V12 7 series here. It's actually quite manageable. Little things go wrong every now and then, but nothing that would have kept mine off the road.
Actually, the two largest problems I've had with my 7 are the coolant hose that goes to the reservoir coming off on a parking lot and the "high pressure washer" reservoir springing a leak.

6cyl 3.5 TD @ 3500 lbs

That's not bad for an 4speed auto, unless the 730 is manuel.

The 730 was auto too, like a proper luxury car should be.

the e38 750 actually did come with a manual

BMW never put a manual transmission behind the M73 V12 engine, the S70B56 did, which was in the 850CSi.
There are a couple of conversions I know, but none left the factory as manuals if I remember correctly.

The 740's on the other hand did get manuals.

The M73 did get a factory manual transmission, at least in Europe surely

Have to admit, I've never seen or heard such thing happen in the EU

Very rare, but there was an original MT e38 750i for sale in Germany a few months ago

Are you sure it wasn't a conversion?

V12 > All Else

A man of fine taste I see.

They were offered as special order vehicles, only around 260 were ever made worldwide.

h2r?

Figures, wouldn't call that factory design though.
From what I know, officially they were all auto.

They were factory built options.

Can I get a source of some kind on these? I'm kinda intrigued.