Should I buy a Land Cruiser or a Range Rover?

Should I buy a Land Cruiser or a Range Rover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yv_rKqC88Ic?t=52s
youtube.com/watch?v=pwgJkpVGNrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

are you a rich white woman, arab or member of the russian mafia?

This: And how many kids do you have?

G-Wagen

Range Rover

pajero

Patrol

Lr4

Explorer

Suburban.

Will you be keeping it after the warranty and maintenance plan is over? If so, Land Cruiser. If not, Range Rover.

youtu.be/Yv_rKqC88Ic?t=52s

0:52

Range Rover
>More luxurious
>Interior is of nice supple leather.
>Has more off-road tech which you wouldn't use.
>More stylish
>Won't last after max 5 years
>Parts start breaking after the 1st week
>Maintaining after the warranty gets over is a big PITA.
>Does good off-road but not as greatly as the LC does.
>You mostly aren't gonna take it to light offroading other than driving it in rain. It's built to drive in the cities.
>Expensive than LC in showroom price.
>You can get it in like 2-3 engine options which are supercharged too.
>Can also get in ultimate luxury forms like Auto-Biography and lot's of luxury after-market to it.

Land Cruiser
>Reasonably luxurious. If you want the luxurious one, get the Lexus LX570.
>Interior is good. You still will appreciate it.
>Most off-road tech is mechanical and less chance of breaking down.
>Bulbous look which also looks muscular. You love it or hate it.
>Built to last. You can count on it.
>Parts start to break after the start of 22nd century.
>Maintaining after warranty? You won't have to sell your family to do it.
>Is a savage in off-road. Check videos on it.
>Drives like a comfortable couch on any off-road type.
>Less expensive than RR
>In the NA market, you only get it with one engine option. A V8. In most other parts of the world you can get it like on 3-4 engine options which is also available in Diesel and Petrol.

As to say about both,
>Bad fuel economy.
>Very less resale value.(In NA only. It sells like hot-cakes in the ME and AU)

Modern Y62 Patrol is a piece of shit.

>Bad fuel economy
Diesel ones are fairly reasonable. Lexus now makes a diesel version of LX570 (LX450d) because even oil sheikhs are getting kinda stingy.

>luxobarge
>diesel

There is literally nothing wrong with that.

Range Rovers are actually excellent at off-roading if equipped with non-faggot tires, they'll actually drive through shit that a LC will get stuck in.
The problem is that their adjustable pneumatic suspension isn't nearly as bulletproof as LC's, it needs to be cleaned every time you dunk it in mud unless you like paying out the ass for new air cylinders, plus electronics really don't like moisture. So extremely few people are willing to risk it.

>cancer
>smell of tar
>sound of a tractor
>smoke
>refinement of a dog with parkinson's

As long as the vibration is handled well, there's nothing wrong with a diesel for a luxury barge, they're not made to drift down Mt. Akina. And off-road, unless you're in northern Canada or Siberia, a diesel is better due to torque.

Get the Land Cruiser. More fun. Trust me.

>smell of tar
>sound of a tractor
>smoke
>refinement of a dog with parkinson's

That only applies to American diesels.
Diesel LCs/RRs are as comfy as petrol ones.

Sorry m8, it's not 1957 any more.
1VDs aren't any of those things you described, and sound fantastic with a straight through exhaust, as any crossplane V8 should.

Maybe for the first 100k km.

>sound fantastic with a straight through exhaust
You ARE a fucking cancer.

>Maybe for the first 100k km

>moving the goalposts

LC diesels work just fine after 100k if you don't neglect them, there's no wear-prone magnetic engine suspension faggotry like on Audis or whatever.

RR diesels fall apart along with the rest of the car, so there's also nothing to worry about.

Range Rover Sport, mall crawler.

Don't you dare buy this.
>Modern Y62 Patrol is a piece of shit.
The Y62 Patrol is damn good, what are you talking about?

>>work "just fine"
>talks about moving the goal post

ok m8

Diesel will never be as good as an equivalent gasoline engine in anything but fuel consumption, torque, and the variety of shit it can run on, although that last one probably isn't even true anymore.

this

T O Y O T A
O
Y S
O L W A Y S
T H E
A N S W E R

Supervisor's VDJ200 is sitting on 365,000kms, and works just as brilliantly well as a brand new one.
I'm not sure what makes you think Toyota diesels shit out after 100,000km.
>Diesel will never be as good as an equivalent gasoline engine in anything but fuel consumption, torque, and the variety of shit it can run on
The fact the torque peaks from 1600-2600rpm makes it a damn sight more useful than the gas options.
But keep bench racing m8.

>I'm not sure what makes you think Toyota diesels shit out after 100,000km.
Experience. I'm sure you'll keep lying to yourself by thinking how refined your/your supervisor's tractor is and maybe you haven't even noticed the change considering it happens slowly over time, but there's no diesel engine that has been driven a lot and doesn't sound like shit (not that they sound nice to begin with).

>The fact the torque peaks from 1600-2600rpm makes it a damn sight more useful than the gas options.

For offroading and towing heavy shit, i.e. not things RRS and LX570 are primarily meant for. Diesel is for working tools (and cancer), not pleasure, nor comfort.

Still buying a RR over an LC is pointless. If you want a luxury automobile, why not get a luxury sedan? There are already tons of them.

>Experience.
I can lie on the internet too .
>For offroading and towing heavy shit
And effortlessly cruising, and accelerating with minimal RPM. Perfect for a luxury SUV.

>orque peaks from 1600-2600rpm

Because it can't rev above 3.5krpm

Yeah as if people actually take them offroad. 95% of the buyers only drive it around the rich neighbourhoods like Beverly Hills, Dubai, etc.

>no more sturdy frame but somehow 500 lbs heavier
>no more manual control over drive mode and diffs
>subpar visibility
>glossy plastic everywhere
>no more diesel engines

Previous Patrols were rugged 4x4s. Y62 Patrol is a bloated Juke that tries to be RR, but isn't luxurious enough.

Why would it need to?

>no more sturdy frame but somehow 500 lbs heavier
Well it's larger and has more luxury stuff in it. Are you implying it's not BoF, though? Because it is, not that it matters.
>no more manual control over drive mode and diffs
I don't know what you mean by this. It has a 2 speed transfer case and a manually controlled electric rear locking differential, the controls for which you can make out here.
>subpar visibility
If you say so. Seemed fine to me, at least comparable to the LC200.
>glossy plastic everywhere
Where?
>no more diesel engines
Legitimate complaint, but that doesn't mean it's a bad car.

Oh no, forgot the picture.

More like 99%. That's what I'm talking about, almost no one is going to drive their $100k luxury car into 15 inches of mud even though it can handle it.

Though to be fair, most LC200s are never driven off asphalt as well. Usually it's the older-gen ones that get mud tires, winches and lift kits bolted onto them.

Well, SUVs do have advantages over sedans (as well as disadvantages, obviously). Surely OP has considered that. This is Veeky Forums after all, only rational people come here, right

I happen to visit a Toyota/Lexus official dealership/service quite often. So yes, I have heard quite a few Land Cruisers. The 2.8L ones sound like tractor right out of the box.

>And effortlessly cruising, and accelerating with minimal RPM.

Oh, you mean like the V8s, only without all the downsides and higher fuel consumption. K.

also

>accelerating

Kek, yes, you can "accelerate" every car in low RPMs. Even without using the accelerator to some point.

>I happen to visit a Toyota/Lexus official dealership/service quite often.
That is some super relevant Experience yo.
Tell us more about the current 2.8, and how that's remotely related to the 1VD.
>Oh, you mean like the V8s
Better than the gas V8s.
Also, considering the 1VD is a V8...

>Also, considering the 1VD is a V8...

And it sounds like tractor just as well. Absolutely disgusting sound, especially considering that's a V8

youtube.com/watch?v=pwgJkpVGNrQ

>this
>refined
>nice sound
>not cancer

Coal rolling is cool, right? xDDDDD

>The 2.8L ones sound like tractor right out of the box.

That's because it's a fucking 170hp inline four. Only the LC150/Prado comes with that, and it's not a competitor for Range Rovers.

The "proper" Land Cruiser gets a 4.5L V8 diesel, which is every bit as good as a petrol V8 (aside from +50lbs of weight iirc) but doesn't hog as much fuel.

>most LC200s are never driven off asphalt as well
More of these than you think get off roaded straight from the dealer.

>Toyota diesels only work fine for the first 100k km
>I know this from experience
>because I happen to visit a Toyota/Lexus official dealership/service quite often.
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!
I saw a Toyota/Lexus out the front of the shops yesterday, so from my irrelevant experience proves you wrong.

So much this.

>all these faggots arguing about engine sound

Isn't the point of luxury cruisers to be QUIET inside? I bet the engine in all of those is almost inaudible at idle be it petrol or diesel.

Russia doesn't count.

kek

I like that rev up sound tho

Yes, they do. So does North America, Australia, Africa, and South America.

v8 cruiser

the landrover will be unreliable shit and age terribly

get the lexus

>aside from +50lbs of weight iirc

And aside from
>the cancer it gives you
>the smell of tar fields
>the weeks it takes to warm up
>still sounds like tractor

I prefer my luxobarge to be representative on the outside as well (among other things for my own pleasure, before some idiots come up with "hurr durr caring about what others think")

And again, diesels do get much worse in time.

I kind of do as well, it has nice weight behind it, but like, that's only a fraction of its operation

>the cancer it gives you
Stop disabling emissions equipment and this isn't a problem.

This. Either that, or he's inhaling straight from the exhaust.
>this exhaust isn't very luxurious to breath
>And again, diesels do get much worse in time.
If they're owned and operated by a peon, sure. But then it's no different to a gas motor.

considering how much more fuel the 5.7 V8 burns, I don't know about the cancer.

although judging by your insecurity about engine sound, you might already have it

To be fair, it's somewhat harder to neglect a petrol engine to blow clouds of smoke like a neglected diesel.

That's wrong, though. Stop messing with your car and it won't kill you.

Well in that case, I guess said peon probably should stick to a disposable econobox.
Pic unrelated, but what I'd choose for my money.

Yea, but you're not some mall crawler, are you? OP would waste that car.

the NOx numbers of diesel engines are way above comparable gasoline engines. As are particulates. As is the cancerous smell.

Well, the 5.7 might make an ozone hole, but I'm fairly certain the cancerous impact is a fraction of that of diesel engine

>wrong
lol, k, deny reality

What is a DPF? What is SCR?

DPF? Potential problem cause and/or inconvenience. Driving behind a car that's regenerating literally kills you instantly.

Well then enjoy your cancer.

Pajero has a significantly more pedestrian interior than LC/RR, and the infotainment system is a fucking embarrassment. (On the other hand, it should be much cheaper)

RR sure, but the LC didn't catch up until 2016.

patrol nismo beats both
go for it op

believe it or not some people still prefer the dot matrix-tier things in their center consoles
that's why they give you the option to get an infotainment system that isn't a "fucking embarrassment"