Cheapest form of racing?

I was wondering, what is the cheapest type of racing? I want to get into it but I don't have lots of money to spend. I have no idea where to start. Im assuming go karts and maybe rally are the cheapest ? Can someone tell me what I should try to go into?

Other urls found in this thread:

vscc.co.uk/page/trials
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lemons racing.

Auto-x your daily

I hear you need a full crew and it can cost like 5 grand

Start your own underground shitbox racing ring.

Lel that would be fun

Shitbox racing.

Maybe motocross or something too. Dirtbikes are like $2500 brand new.

autox, lemons, chump car, class 11 for DEZ

It's the cheapest multi-car racing you'll do in a car and not a kart. If you don't need to rub the other driver's nutsack as you pass them at 45mph in your shitbox, do autox.

Karting is by far the cheapest. The most expensive part is the chassis and it can last well over 10 years. Assuming you have a way to store and transport it the next expensive stuff is all your safety gear. Then the engine, depending on what class you enter can be anywhere from 150$ to over 1000. I recommend clone honda harbor frieght motor class to start out with (often called "clones" or "CHONDA") or alternatively briggs and stratton have a homologated kart motor that is sealed. Check with you local kart club to see what people are racing at the cheapest level.

Me again, just wanted to add that karting is so much more physically demanding than car racing until you get up to like F3000, so consider your pbysical fktness level and how committed you can be to a work out routine. Driving a kart can be demanding on your body in ways that you dont get in any other form of sport due to its unique nature.

Op here, I'd probably do karts first, it seems the best place to start and I'm not really worried about fitness because I did track in highschool

Time attack.

Do you have any oval tracks by you? If so see if they have any enduro's, they are a shit ton of fun and dirt cheap.

Pick up a shitbox for

Autocross is the cheapest, because you can use whatever you drive to work and you don't really need any additional safety gear. Karting and Lemons will cost thousands for a season, and tens of thousands if you're competitive.

>autocross
>racing

one car on track at a time = not racing

>trying to go around a course faster than other cars
>not racing

It is, but it's lame.

Take your car to a local track and join the street class races, most of the cars are stock or have shitty bolt-ons. My friend got 2nd place in his stock 09 Civic Si.

>buy f150 lightning for $5000
>go to drag strip
>win

I'd say Drag racing is the cheapest and easiest to get into.

It can be fun when people bring oddities. I saw a guy race an f350 with a 2 foot lift, an 80's 6000lb barge and an old crown vice that was just a motor, chassis and roll cage.

Drag racing isn't really skill it's kinda the car

8/10 great execution, would love to see how you would respond to those taking the bait

But it's fun

Sim racing

>too dense to understand racing the clock

It's always the car. Let's see Jeff Gordon win in an '86 XJ with six inches of play in the steering.

Trials
vscc.co.uk/page/trials

No safety requirements what so ever (except an MOT)
Uses fuck all fuel, can use one set of tires all season.

>racing
>cheap
10 year olds have 50k+ karting budgets

Can confirm.
Kid I went to school with said he wasn't going to kart one season, and his parents bought him a house instead.
I would say he's a cunt, but he had no personality whatsoever.

Banger racing.

You need mechanical skill and tools, a trailer, something to haul it with, and an MOT failure from a scrapyard.
Buy whatever shitty scrap-ready landyacht you want. Fix the chassis, smash windows out, install safety bars, fuel cell, and ignition cutout, then strip it the fuck out.
Drive it in full-contact races until it stops going. Fix it until it goes, repeat until it's totalled. Then sell it back to the scrapyard, buy another, and repeat the cycle.

Rallying is popular in europe, and can be done in old shitboxes if you're any good.