instagram.com/autostickergeneral

>List of Sticker Websites
pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j

>Sticker Collection
mega.nz/#F!zMgTUBoT!5t13MNZBcINAyDAlmBtvjA
imgur.com/a/bInMl
asg.booru.org/

>What is this thread for?
A thread to discuss, post, create, and review anything related to Automotive Decals and Stickers

>FB Group
fb.com/groups/AutoStickerGeneral/

>Currently looking for:
>An internet lawyer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Idea Guys (Come up with Sticker Ideas, Veeky Forums club names, etc.)
Anons with artistic talent willing to make decals for free.
Anons with decal production equipment (Specifically Vinyl Printer Equipment)

If I wanted to get a custom peek done but have 0 skills or a vector on hand who should I ask?

Question for Notori

How do you print complex images with your printer? I have a basic af cutter that can only do one colour of vinyl. Im trying to figure out how to do some multi colour good luck club stickers and within my budget i can do laser jet printer + printable vinyl with a clear coat to protect from moisture. How do you do it?

What you want, famalam?

Notori doesnt print...yet. You can always layer your cut vinyl to make more complex designs. I think it was stickygiraffe that had some really good work. Too bad most of it is overwatch related. Otherwise I'd be throwing my monies at him

If it's just a basic two tone design, layer the vinyl. You could even do several layers if you needed to. Printable vinyl will fade faster if I remember right. All the sticker shops use actual vinyl printers that use some type of solvent or something (I haven't looked into it) so that their stickies won't fade as fast.

Alright thanks guys

The complexity that i wanna print is along the lines of this image here. I looked up actual printers and they are extremely expensive. Im gunna try the method i mentioned to see how long it takes until it fades

If you find a reasonably priced printer that works with vinyl let us know. Even if the slaps only last a few months, it would be on par with NC.

Will do
Im still fairly new to this stuff so what are you reffering to when mention NC?

Wanted to get a Mikleo (from Tales of Zestiria) peek for a friend as a gift but I figured this wouldn't be popular enough for a large run.

...Unless Notori wanted to boost his sales with the fujo dollar.

Hey I just want to jump in here and say that you'd probably rather use inkjet than laserjet for printing. It'll have (probably) better colors and will be less likely to destroy your printer in the process.
I made some stickers with a work printer and on the fifth of five sheets it wrapped around the heater and ruined the printer.
The ones I did get to use though look alright and I used clear oracal 651 vinyl to "laminate" it. I haven't taken them outside though so no idea on outdoor longevity.
If you already have a laserjet, that's fine. Just be extremely careful of the heat and if the ink starts melting off of the sticker, STOP. Thats when you know it's fucked

>Inb4 Shittori kills himself for the 137387532578764337th time

Nevercontent. One of the shops that sells slaps that shrink in months when exposed to air. Theory is they tell the supplier(awstickers) to go super cheap on the vinyl to maximize profits. Another theory is awstickers just uses the lowest quality vinyl for all orders no matter what. Either way the end consumer gets crappy stickers at the prices of quality ones.

Here's a woodland version of the academy logo.

Nice, looks radical. The team logos would be nice but I'd honestly rather have a slap of the girls, or a die cut of individual characters.

Looks sweet, but I think I'd rather go for the regular colors on it.

You did ask skinwalker about using his vector, right?

you will need a solvent printer, used with a lower end model is usually ranging about 3-8k.

maintenance, space, time to run it, etc.

I have a print shop I go to for my printed stuff.

>Printable vinyl will fade faster if I remember right
if you use low end printable, bad ink or do not laminate it

my setup is based around small order customs and uses a high quality printable, as well as archival quality ink with a wide print gamut

the difference is my running costs are higher than someone elses might be, but for most printers doing small runs is laughably infeasible

Awesome thanks for the info. What exactly did you use to laminate it? I have access to uv resistant and water resistant clear coat spraycans that i wanna try and use.

Damn thats sketchy af.. Thanks for the info wont buy from there if i ever do

What would you suggest to laminate some printable vinyl for outdoor use?

Yea thats wayyy outta my price range. Ill stick to the ghetto stuff. I do have a small vinyl shop i go to for rolls of vinyl... Ill see what they charge for bulk printing

cold laminate, I was using a heat type before and frankly it's a pain to work with, you get small burns, risks damaging the vinyl, and low end heat laminators are fucking garbage, I burnt mine out doing a half dozen runs for people, and had to constantly run it through multiple times.

If enough people wanted it printed, I would ask permission before doing so.

This was just a doodle. I was going to use the /ak/ patch project one for fucking around but the moon runes on theirs isn't screen-accurate.

and I mean a good quality cold laminate, applied with a cold laminater, not those cheap 'self lamination' sheets

The D.Va Umaru came from
lowkeygeeks bigcartel com/product/pre-order-d-va-x-umaru-die-cut-decal

It's available, don't know why it was pre order.

For Yummy and Notori. Thank you for the stickers guys, you both can use this on your Instagram if it's nice enough

1/2

Thanks to:
>WAT RACING DEVELOPMENT

Also got the Ferd Wat Racing logo that I wasn't expecting to have a white background so that will go on once I've trimmed the background.

2/2

Thanks to:
>YUMMY STICKIES

Will be getting more stickers from all the guys listed in this thread.
May get more once I sort out the money for the ST I plan to get.

Is that a FiST? I partially recognize the silver door handle and the windows.

How heat / shit resistant are the slaps you guys make? I want to put a few on my welding helmet I use at work but I'm afraid they'll just like melt off / get damaged too quickly. Opinions?

Where did you get the Fox Hound Stickers and what is that black cat with the bloods bandanna from?

>black cat with the bloods bandana
haha that's good
Its Sakamoto from Nichijou

black cat with bloods bandana is sakomoto from yummy

Thanks cuh but any word on where you get them fresh as fox hound stickers?

It wasn't actually a laminate it was just clear vinyl that I layered over the top
Robust knows better about that than I do as you can see.

Thanks! But isn't that sticker Backyard Tuners?

Good placement my friend. Unique.

I did the foxhound as a custom. Also Sakamoto is one I do.

I don't know what kind of beatings welding masks take but I've seen stickers on valve covers and cars tailpipes that have survived pretty well. I'd assume you'd be safe putting them on a welding mask but I don't know for sure.

for a welding helmet i'd say its less about the heat and more about the uv given off, depending on the type of welding you do.
but they're all going to be more heat and uv resistant than your skin and hair regardless of who you get them from
so as long as you're not having gobs of metal beading off your visor you'll probably be ok

you just need to make sure the helmets as clean as possible when you're putting them on, or you'll likely get peeling over time, but since your helmet isn't flying down the highway or sitting out in the rain unless you are, it's likely not much to worry about

Yeah I do some comfy MIG welding. I feel like that much stuff doesn't even hit the hood, but I could be wrong. Need to browse around and see what would look good now. Will post pics once I get them on, I think it'll look cool.

Damn thats too bad, I would I have gotten a fuck ton of those Fox Hound stickers.

You're more than welcome to email me. I've still got the file on hand. We can just do a custom order of them

Fuck him. He hasn't done anything for months. I've been wanting one for quite awhile.

Besides it's PATCHES, not Stickers.

And how many Notori days for reflective hazard shimapans?

So I was fucking around with ideas for 1 year anniversary stuff (coming up in October).

Would there be more interest in a solid banner, or a banner-sized diecut? Solid banner would be like 60"x10", diecut would be around 47" long and 8" high.

Diecut version.

I'd be up for this.

Color options? Those clash a bit with my red and black car. My current banner is just peeling window tint so I need something and OP didn't give an ETA on his contest design.

Of all the things I was expecting today, these I expected least of all. Not that I don't appreciate it, but why did you ship my order twice notori?

Fuck forgot the image

I was planning on making a Classic and a Retro version based on the Classic and Retro shop slaps. The classic version would most likely be a black banner with white text.

BT sells those hazard shimapans, not Notori.

so, how exactly do you apply one of these extremely correctly

hey familia.
How long do you guys usually wait before filing a paypal claim.
>its been 2 months

If I recall, you have a max of 6 months to file. But I would never wait 6 months. Contact them via all of their emails and ask wtf is up, if you haven't already. This might get you your stickers. If you have already emailed them, regardless of whether you got no response or a lie saying they'll be shipped out soon, open a dispute.

Ordered my stickers from Notori last Thursday, received today.

The late stickers were a meme weren't they.

So uh, who's making this?
I'd get one

I just remembered that it is Backyard Tuners. Well now I'm gonna have to buy one of your stickers so you can have pictures

The Super Eurobeat is from you though

Yeah, SEB is mine. I just meant the other one was BT.
Either way, looks good!

Yeah, I thought you were Notori for whatever reason. But all of you guys can use my pictures on Instagram if you want to, I believe I'm following most of you.
@dmaldeazy

If I was just going to go "fugg the bolice xD" there's other stuff I'd be printing too.

I'm working on reflectives right now.

Kicking around the idea of doing a couple on black retroreflective - the background is black during daytime and turns white when hit with flash. Pic related is a mockup with a reflective color sample background.

Just gotta decide what makes the cut.

Here's AK's mask.

this if they dont respond, usually a dispute will get them to reply because it threatens the ability to keep receiving shekels, or worse, have to give back the shekels

Thanks user. Yeah I hit them up about a month ago and they said they shipped it already. Probably gonna file it soon.

Claims of notori's shipping have been greatly exaggerated. Notori and BT both arrived 1 week after placing the order. Still waiting on NC.

It was accidental. I must have forgotten to mark it as shipped when I first mailed it out and sent it again. If you want to send it back that's cool, otherwise just keep it.

I have a need for this.

it used to be much worse but I have caught up recently.

>Claims of notori's shipping have been greatly exaggerated
Not really. There was a point in time where it really took about a month from "label created" to "item received by post office" Totally not his fault so I dont blame him but it did happen. Most of us just gave him shit for it and eventually it became the meme we all know and love. Now that he's back in charge of the operation, things seem a lot smoother which is why you got your order promptly

This reminds me of a non-sticker dispute I had one time. I ordered the cassette + digital version of an album, right? Almost 2 months go by, still no physical copy in hand. So I email the seller. No response. One more email a week later. No response. So I open a PP dispute. Seller ends up responding there. I said he could either send the cassette or refund the cost of it. He ended up refunding. Okay, fine. A little bummed about no neat super duper retro cassette, but whatever.

A few days later, I get the fucking cassette in the mail. And the post date was the day AFTER he refunded me. I can only imagine he refunded me the cost of it as an apology.

tl;dr I got free shit because I opened a PP dispute

sellers have to cut losses to make happy customers all the time, even before paypal disputes happen
hell, often ebay sellers give you free shit to reverse negative or even neutral ratings

probably trying to keep you from telling everyone that they dont send out the products. you get your money back AND what you wanted to buy for free so you become less likely to give a bad review or tell others about the negative experience

My plotter finally came in today along with a roll of black vinyl. I've been doing test cuts all day. I'll be opening shop as soon as me and a buddy make a few more designs and get in the rest of the supplies. I'm hype.

siq

Ayo Heartbeat, MR2 bro here. I love the free pantsu you threw in. A+. I'm gonna hide it in the rear trunk.

I just bought a NA miata, should I get a WAT sticker for it?

I'll ship it back Wednesday, I'm sure having an extra cheeky smiley in implying green will make someone's day

I want to buy a used '95 C4 Corvette, would it be blasphemous to put an Akina Speed Stars/Red Suns/Night Kids sticker on an American car?

no

Pic related

Cool, can I get a link to some stickers, my dude?

oh for fucks sake I'm retarded

Has anyone made a sticker with the repair mario on it?

Looks dope. Buy the retro Speed Stars logo in white and slap it somewhere on the paint to compliment the white stripe.

I think Yummy has a Mario Motors slap.

I wish I'd known about this before I spent my shekels. I really like BLC though.

That's just cut vinyl so you're fine.

It's really only his printed stuff that has issues.

Oh. Thanks man. Why is the cut vinyl fine but the printed vinyl shrinks?

well the one on the left is printed so it will shrink eventually.

The reason they shrink is that printing vinyl is different than cutting vinyl, and the printed stuff is put on either some really shit stuff or they are just not doing something right, like using a really shitty vinyl and putting a higher rated laminate and hoping the laminate will do the work which isn't how that works but I don't really know the details so I don't have a really clear answer.

Printing right now is basically entirely done by solvent printing which weakens the vinyl a lot since the ink is literally dissolving the vinyl to put color down, it could be possible that they are using the cutting vinyl to print on which it's not designed for but would save them a lot of money. Stuff that doesn't shrink in weeks or months is going to be done on vinyl which is rated to print.

if it was transparent, maybe. It'd be a good gas cap cover.

Thanks!!

-senpai was definitely surprised :^)

>those wrinkles
Did you even try?

GIVE
and I personally don't agree with I like the beige.

physical autism

land barge stickie progress?

Asking so I know how many to buy, but do the Red Suns have stickers on both sides or just the driver side?

Glad you enjoy it bro :)

opposingforce.us
It's sold out for a bit though while he waits on the next batch.

both sides in first stage at least

:^)